It's going to be amazing tonight

screen shot
El Paso, Texas
Did you see the moon last night? It was so bright that when I let Ally out for the last time last night I could see just about everything in the yard, W O W!!! The first official full moon of the year is called the Wolf Moon. It will happen tonight. Hopefully @jolietjake will have his camera ready for this one, he does such a good job with moon shots.
This New Year's Day will bring a "Full Wolf Moon," the biggest of the supermoons expected in 2018.
No chance to see the Wolf Moon, is snowing here.
I hope the clouds clear out so you can get a glimpse of it, it is supposed to rise early today the 1st and also be visible on the 2nd.
@rebelann It's going to rain for several days according to the weather forecast. It's pouring now.
Oh darn @LadyDuck that is a shame. I hope I remember to look outside this evening but even though it is not as cold here as it is there it is still too cold for me.
Send some heat up here and maybe I'll go outside lol
I sure do wish I could but if ya bundled up really good you could catch a shot of it as it rises, it's supposed to light up the sky before dark. C'mon, you know you have the talent for moon shots
@rebelann Not moonrise...I have too many obstacles. I'll probably try to grab a shot when I wake up tomorrow.
Bummer @JolietJake did you notice how bright it was last night? Ok, maybe you live in a city where things like that are hard to see??
@nanette64 (18209)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh yeah, going out to refill the raccoon bowls, the moon showed the sleet accumulated on the porch and yard @rebelann . It got down to 22 degrees last night with the windchill at 10.
BBBUUURRRRR That's just plain too cold for me. I'm glad you're not in the same deep freeze Canada has right now.
@nanette64 (18209)
• Fairfield, Texas
@rebelann I know, it could be a lot worse.
I'm hoping that now that it's 2018 the forces of Nature might calm down a little @nanette64
Of course I saw it! I love seeing the moon. It was gorgeous over the water and make it twinkle like diamonds.
Now that would have been a real shot to capture, the Wolf Moon is rare on New Years Day eve.
@rebelann My cameras never do the moon justice.
Neither does mine @DianneN I don't know what method JJ used but he got a really marvelous shot of it.
@cyberrat (203)
• Portsmouth, Ohio
it was a beautiful moon on the 1st I was driving all night so I got to see a lot of it,,,
Wasn't it snowing up there then? You were brave to drive.
@cyberrat (203)
• Portsmouth, Ohio
@rebelann not in the area I was in. But I do dive in the snow quite often most of the winter this year I was driving at least 100 miles a week in snow storms. But that night it was clear thank goodness because I went on a crazy road trip reliving my childhood when me and my mom would go jump in the car and end up in all different places just because were were bored.
@cyberrat those storms were no fun at all from what I heard but you probably didn't really notice the storms as much as the pain of loss.
Penny got me up with her barking last night. I did notice how light it was out.
Ally didn't bark at all last night which is odd because she usually barks at least once overnight. Tonite it's supposed to be even brighter and supposed to rise before dark.
@rebelann Penny will bark at a leaf blowing across the front yard.
@ramtahal (96)
i didnt seen
I do not usually see either but when I had to let my dog outside I noticed it was very bright.
@PainsOnSlate (20841)
I loved the moon last night and the night before, it was huge, I tried to get a photo this morning and ended getting one with my i pad, my batteries need to be recharged in my camera. It was a huge moon both days.
It was very big even here where it's extremely dry right now, the thing that I noticed the most was how bright it was, wow, I could even see Ally last night and the night before which I cannot do on normal nights because she blends in so well the landscape.
@josie_ (8012)
Wonder if there is any truth that more crimes are committed during full moon?
I hope not, but you never know.
I didn't even notice the one last night, but I will defientely take a look tonight, I love it when the moon looks bright and big.
It's supposed to rise before sunset but I'm not sure if it depends on location.
The moon really was beautiful last night. I noticed it too when I took the dogs out
From what I understood it's supposed to rise early so that it'll light up the early evening sky today.
Time to howl at the moon!
Hmmmm, wouldn't that be funny if we all went out to howl tonight? My neighbors would commit me to a home, at my age they'd call it dementia ...... uh wait, that ain't funny