Happy New Year 2018

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone. I hope that you are all enjoying the first day of the new year. We are starting our new year off with extremely cold temperatures. As I write this it is nearly 10:00 in the morning and we are only at 16 degrees Fahrenheit. This is nearly unheard of in Mississippi. I'm not sure how cold that it got last night. We are expected to have a very cold week here. My heater seems to be running nonstop. I really dread the electric bill. I wish that I could stay indoors all day, but my parents are expecting me and I do want to begin my new year spending time with them. My husband should be home sometime this afternoon. He went to work at 3:00 yesterday afternoon and worked a New Year's Eve party at the casino he is employed by. Then they had a brunch today that he is working. We are blessed that he has a job, but I really hate that in the nearly 22 years that he has been in his job he is never able to celebrate New Years Eve or Day with my son and I. I hope that you all have a blessed day.
It is still extremely cold here. I am staying inside where it is warm. It is too bad that you never get to spend New Years with your husband. Enjoy your time with your parents today. Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to you too.
@Tampa_girl7 thank you
It is not too cold here today, yesterday morning it was all covered with ice, today it rains and it's a little better.
Still very cold here at about 10 degrees. Back to work for me tomorrow. Happy New year to you. Sorry that your husband wasn't able to be with you and your son.
It is 15 here at the moment.
@Platespinner (16782)
It seems to be bitterly cold all over this morning! Stay warm!
Happy New Year! May all of us have a wonderful 2018!
@Angela150 (957)
• London, England
Happy New Year
@peachpurple (12874)
Working in a.casino must be tiring
They say the U.S. is getting some record lows. It's almost 4pm here in Oklahoma, and we are up to 19 degrees.
@Teep11 (7100)
Thank God we're here to see another year. 2018 should be filled with lots of progress. There is hope! Blessings to all.
That is cold! Happy New Year to you and your family . . . I hope you all get to celebrate together with your husband even if it's later on.
Happy New Year! Enjoy spending time with your family
I'm so glad that our electric bill is never alot no matter how long the tvs or lights are on, or the heat.. hopw your bill isn't bad.
Are you total electric or do you have gas too ? We are total electric
@Tampa_girl7 all electric. Only $70ish a month.
What a shame your husband had to work but what a joy it will be when he is able to retire and can spend the time with his family.
I worked New Years Eve for forty years. I was greedy and wanted time and a half.
I hope your husband will be able to request vacation for the Christmas holidays next year, that's what a lot of us at my old job had to do but it was always about letting those with seniority have first dibs. With 22 years he should be close to the top of that list if they do the same thing Happy New Year
@dodo19 (33051)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Happy New Year to you as well. It's really cold here as well. I am so hoping that it'll be over soon. The freezing temperatures can go away any time now.
We have -12F which makes the dog happy, but not us. I wish your husband could be home to celebrate with you too!
Last year my son was here for New Year's Eve, but he couldn't make it this year because of his job. Happy 2018.
I can understand missing him on this holiday, but better that he works for the other 364 days. You will have plenty of time after he retires for new years celebrations. Enjoy your time at your parents place later on today.
@prashu228 (25808)
Happy new year. Have a wonderful day