April Love

Daytona Beach, Florida
We all know it will still be a long time before we get to April. This refers to “April Love” a song that became a number one hit for Pat Boone. Pat Boone was often overlooked because he was not your usual rock and roll singer with his clean-cut looks but he did have a voice that could compete with singers like Frank Sinatra. “April Love” became Boone’s second number one hit and rose up on the Billboard pop charts on December 29, 1957. This was a lovely ballad that was the theme song for a movie that has been long forgotten. The movie by the same name starred Pat Boone who portrayed a delinquent kid from the streets of Chicago, Illinois. He finds true love when he goes to his uncle’s farm in Kentucky. His love interest was played by a young Shirley Jones. Pat Boone went on to become the host of The Pat Boone-Chevy Showroom on ABC TV. Another hit that went number one for him was “Love Letters in the Sand”. He was also successful at singing R&B originals. Among his successes was singing cover versions of “Ain’t That a Shame” by Fats Domino and “Long Tall Sally and “Tutti Frutti” both by Little Richard. Who knows and likes the song April Love? Who likes Pat Boone?
Pat Boone sings his Top 10 hit single from Dec 1957
I remember Pat Boone and I also saw the film April Love although I don't remember much about it. I remember there were trotting horses in it.
Now I like the idea of a trotting horse @JudyEv for that alone the movie is worth remembering. I love horses. I want to see if I can find this movie and watch it. The song has been a favorite but somehow I missed seeing the movie.
@RasmaSandra There is another old but great horse movie called 'Gypsy Colt'. You might like to look for that one too.
I do remember listening to "April Love" sung by Pat Boone, when I was younger.
That is a beautiful song , and the movie sounds nice too.
@mandala100 (50355)
@RasmaSandra This is a very good song my friend.
I have seen the movie!
Was it worth watching @JohnRoberts or is it just a movie people watch because they know the song.
@RasmaSandra I saw the movie so long ago that I don't remember.