On The Road Again

Portland, Connecticut
We left this morning for our long drive to Florida. We stop 4 nights along the way. We have all the time in the world and hubs has pain in his back if we travel too far. We are in Hazelton, PA. tonight. It was so hard leaving our little doggies this morning. Our grandson is staying at our house while we are in Florida. Roscoe greeted him with one of his toys dropped at his feet lol I took a nap after we got to `the hotel, I only slept 4.5 hours, I am usually restless the night before we leave. I slept for an hour and a half and woke up feeling hungry and refreshed. I chose this hotel because Damon's Grill is in the parking lot and we had a nice dinner of French Onion Soup and chicken wings. Now we are settled back in our room. It is a nice room, I asked for an upgrade and got it, we have a two room suite with two TVs so hubs and I can both watch what we prefer. We will be staying in Harrisonburg Va tomorrow night, it is a town we know very well. I hope everyone had a nice New Years Eve, we ended up going out to dinner in Hartford with our daughter and her husband, it was a lovely evening. Then I started packing, yes I know I was a real last minute packer this time. Especially since we are going on a cruise while we are in Florida, I had to include more things than usual. That's it for now.
Havce f in Florida and n yur cruise
• Portland, Connecticut
Thanks Patsie, Happy New Year to you.
@prashu228 (23339)
@patsie hope you had a good day too
@sallypup (23251)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I find your cross country journey fascinating since I know nothing of the states and traffic that you go through on your way to Florida. That's super fantastic that you have a dog sitter. That would be a huge block in our way if we were to move out for a while.
• Portland, Connecticut
Brandon loves the dogs and they love him so it isn't a hardship for either of them. We pay him and since he is a college student he can use the money. We drive about 4 hours a day, averaging about 225-250. It takes 5 days of driving. We travel on I-81 for this first part of the trip. Traffic was pretty light today which was nice.
@sallypup (23251)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr That's just a super arrangement with Brandon. I would like driving only 4 hours a day. When we drove to Oregon we were told it would take about 5 hours to get there. It took us 8 hours. Wow I was tired when I finally got to that motel. Pretty grueling.
• Portland, Connecticut
@sallypup at our age we have plenty of time and we get tired so why not just take it easy? We r in Harrisonburg va today
Sounds like a nice trip so far. Hope it stays that way and stays safe. Have a great time on the cruise and in FL.
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you, I am looking forward to getting away from the cold.
@BelleStarr I'll enjoy it for you.
Have a safe trip and a wonderful Winter in Florida.
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you, so far so Good
@moffittjc (36715)
• Gainesville, Florida
Stay safe in your travels, the weather is horrible, making the journey treacherous. See you when you get to Florida!
• Portland, Connecticut
I know I was wondering if we might have lunch or a late lunch on Friday, we will be mighty close to Gainesville as we cut across country. But I have plenty of other times, we will let your schedule determine since you work.
@moffittjc (36715)
• Gainesville, Florida
@BelleStarr Okay, keep me posted! Look forward to meeting you this year!
• Portland, Connecticut
@moffittjc x Does the weekend work better for you or is it family time?
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
oh it is so nice to be able to travel slowly and enjoy all the wonders and have 2 rooms. sounds so good. i really hope you continue to have such a lovely easy trip. its like a great vacation.
• Portland, Connecticut
It is still long and tiring but yes, it is not like trying to do it in two days like most people.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
@BelleStarr i imagine it is tiring but at least you can enjoy it. good to get out and see the road and dine in different places, experience other beds even though it is hard to sleep in one until you are exhausted. lol. hope you are still having fun
• Portland, Connecticut
@bunnybon7 we r still having fun and dinner tonight is a place we have enjoyed before
Drive carefully and hope you packed some colder weather wear!
• Portland, Connecticut
lol My car is packed to the rafters with every possible kind of clothes.
@BelleStarr Good! Lol!
I hope you are enjoying your trip to Florida. It's sad to leave pets behind. I'm glad Roscoe will be well cared for.
• Portland, Connecticut
Brie will be too, Brie is used to it, we have left her before, this is the first time for Roscoe but he slept in the bed with Brandon last night so I think he is settling in lol
@BelleStarr That's good.
@bluesa (13228)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Have a wonderful and safe trip @BelleStarr ! And a happy and blessed 2018 to you and your family, Iz!
• Portland, Connecticut
Same to you Catherine the best to you and your family.
@bluesa (13228)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@BelleStarr thank you so much
@PainsOnSlate (19652)
Where are you going on the cruise? John and I are flying down to FT Myers and won't be on the east coast. Just two weeks this year... I hope you have a great winter and enjoy that cruise.
• Portland, Connecticut
We are going to Roatan, Guatemala and Mexico. I love Holland America and we will cruise from Tampa.
@BelleStarr Sounds wonderful, take lots of photos.
It's interesting reading about your journey. I know where all the states are now so I can imagine where you are when you mention it.
• Portland, Connecticut
Well a new route to follow, Mooresville NC to Atlanta Ga and then to Ocala Florida. lol I am keeping you on your toes this trip.
@BelleStarr I looked them up. Atlanta is on my Ticket To Ride game so I knew where that was. And yes, you're keeping me on my toes.
Safe travels and hope your trip is smooth sailing
• Portland, Connecticut
lol Well we were but now we are staying in North Carolina for a couple days to avoid the snow and Ice on I-95 in South Carolina and Georgia
Safe travels to you :)
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you, we certainly are trying to make it so.
Enjoy your vacation.
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you, we will
@sueznewz2 (9719)
• Alicante, Spain
Hapy new year wishes to you...and safe travels...
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you so much.
@yanzalong (9699)
Our new year's eve was the same as the previous year. We stayed home due to traffic jam.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am sorry to hear that.
Drive safely.
• Portland, Connecticut
We will, we changed our route again but now I think we are all set.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
The Florida weather might not be exactly what you are looking for. Because its cooooold here.
• Portland, Connecticut
Not as cold as where we have been lol and by the time we get there Friday it should be warmer.
Has the weather been kind while traveling?
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes, it has been sunny both days so far but brutally cold. It should start warming up as we will end up in North Carolina tomorrow.
@prashu228 (23339)
Sounds like a nice trip. The dinner is yummy . Happy new year. Have a great day
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you.