A funny story about my daughters arrival home

I have lots of notifications to catch up on for my last post and will continue to work on that today but for now I wanted to share what I think is a funny story about my daughter arriving home from Myrtle Beach on New Years Eve. My son wasn’t excited at all about his sisters arrival home which I expected. I assumed I would be the happiest about her return home but I was wrong... It was the dogs. My boyfriends dog was here twice and she was gone. Neither one seemed to notice her absence.. until she returned! They heard her come in and since they were laying on the couch they let loose (urinated from excitement) all over it. They ran across the carpet and let loose all over that as they ran in circles around her. Then they ran to the door where my dad was dropping off her bags and oh boy were they excited to see him too. The big dog who I thought had already emptied her bladder around my living room let loose all over the mat and floor. I have a nice dining room floor that I had redone about 5 years ago. It’s pergo wood flooring. It is slippery on the dogs paws/nails as it is. When the big dog let loose all over she slipped and fell 3 times and rolled in it she slipped so bad. It was everywhere. She was just so exited and kept trying to get back up and falling in it again. It was absolutely disgusting but hilarious at the same time. Picture is of my sweet puppy not making a mess lol
I don't envy you the mess you had to clean up. I'm glad they were excited to see her and she arrived home safe.
Oh boy it sure was a mess. She got a very warm and wet welcome from the dogs though lol
@shaggin It's nice to feel loved and welcomed home.
@just4him very!
@Madshadi (8921)
• Brussels, Belgium
I hope that comes off the sofa and the carpet easily. And I hope nothing was splashed on your dad. Dogs surely leave a lot of cleaning work around the house.
The sofa I stripped the cover off to wash (one needs mending now after washing) and sprayed the foam and batting part a mixture of soap and vinegar. The carpets will be shampooed today. My poor dad I can only imagine what he was thinking lol he isn't that in love with animals like I am.
@Madshadi (8921)
• Brussels, Belgium
@shaggin is there a way to make them control their bladder? I never owned a dog so I wouldn’t know
@Madshadi my puppy is 4 months so she isn't fully housebroken. She never used to have accidents from excitement though until a few weeks ago. My boyfriends dog is a year old and has had the excitement accidents since he got her at 8 weeks old. She's a lot bigger so makes a much bigger mess.
Well, you really did have some very happy dogs who just could not hold it!!!
It was just not the kind of reunion I had expected lol I wanted to give her a big hug as soon as she walked in the door but the dogs beat me to her and made a valley of urine between us lol
OMG! Isnt that something, the dogs missed her so much!
It must have felt good for her to see how much they missed her but it was a mess for me lol
Not the kind of doggy greeting I would appreciate.
Nope not at all
@YrNemo (14703)
I didn't know that having dogs as pets could have that problem. (I had problems with our kitten, but never with our dogs!).
My kittens never had accidents they were all so good at seeing to know exactly what to do in a litter box. One boy cat though got blocked up from a uti after we spent $700 to have him unblocked he peed around the house for two years before I made him live outside.
@YrNemo (14703)
@shaggin Some people said their male kittens behaved similar, very naughty! Perhaps it is something with the gender of the cat? I just read your reply again, you mean that cat got urinary tract infection, treated and still behaving badly inside the house?
@YrNemo yep that is what I meant. After getting it unblocked and antibiotics it continue to pee around my house for two years. It lived in our bathroom when it started doing it and would urinate in the tub instead of the litter box.
@bunnybon7 (37399)
• Holiday, Florida
aaww! dogs are just so full of love for family, they can't help themselves. even the most careful ones have accidents. poor babies
It was very sweet how excited the dogs were to see me and it makes for a funny memory but was a lot of work for me to clean up.
@bunnybon7 (37399)
• Holiday, Florida
@shaggin oh i know. poor coco, when she got sick and had seizures she had no control so i had a lot of clean up. i would have gladly continued cleaning up though if she had not been in so much pain. i had to let her be put down. i still miss her so.
@bunnybon7 I think I might try cloth diapers if they had accidents all the time from old age. Having to put them down is so painful! Any time they die it is though but putting them down makes you feel so guilty.
@Platespinner (17062)
What an adorable puppy! Our golden gets super excited whenever my son's ex-girlfriend stops in for a visit. Thankfully she no longer tinkles on said ex-girlfriend's shoes every time .
Oh boy lol well she must have really liked his ex. Yesterday my boyfriend left at 10:30 to go get his son. He met me in town at 3:30 to give me a ride home after I dropped my van off at the garage. His dog had left with him at 10:30 and was so excited when she saw me again that she let loose on my bfs sons lunchpail on the back seat lol then she laid across the console and my lap the rest of the way home.
@shaggin I am SO glad Nessie no longer lets loose like that!
@Platespinner my puppy just started doing it when people come over a few weeks ago. His dog did it since he got her at 8 weeks. She's a year and still does it. I'm hoping with my puppy it's a temporary thing while she's having a growth spurt.
Aww sounds like a big mess to clean up after, but sweet of the dogs being excited for your daughters return home =)
They are both really good dogs but very messy especially his dog. It was funny though and will make for a funny memory.
@shaggin Yes a lovely welcoming memory :) Glad your daughter is back - hope she had a lot of fun!
@infatuatedbby she had a great time thank you!
How cute they were that excited to see her, but omg, the mess!!!!!
The carpet I'd love to just throw out lol but the couch I was upset about. Oh well it was rather funny and hopefully it doesn't happen again. It was a lot of work to clean everything up.
@shaggin I can just imagine all that work! What a welcome home greeting that was!
@DianneN It will make for a funny memory someday
@ricki_911 (19861)
• Toronto, Ontario
Glad they were so excited. Hope she enjoyed her vacation
It was funny but gross. She had a great time!
@ricki_911 (19861)
• Toronto, Ontario
@shaggin My brother dog does that ! Its funny but while cleaning it up.
@ricki_911 I still have to sew the cushion that ripped during the wash. I haven’t been able to wash the carpets either because the furnace won’t stay running overnight so the carpets won’t be able to dry.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I'm glad your daughter got home safely.
Thank you very much! I am so glad to have her home
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank goodness sweet puppy was just being sweet! That must've been a very funny moment, oh boy falling in the pee though, lol!
It was so sweet how excited they were to see her. She was excited to see them both too! The slipping and falling in her urine was so gross but so funny.
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin I can just picture that scene
The dogs really had a time of it. They missed her and were very excited to see her and your Dad too.That must have been sight.
My daughter missed them as well It was such a mess but so funny.
@shaggin It sounded funny.
@DaddyEvil (25922)
• Aurora, Missouri
OMG! I am (fairly) sure that is not a photo of your daughter, Shaggin! (grinning and teasing you!) If that IS your daughter, may I see a photo of her father? I am sure she gets her looks from him, not from you! (outright laughing, now!) After the first time a dog got that excited about anything, they would not be allowed back into my house! Nobody and nothing makes a mess like that and sets foot back inside my house!
Lol his dog has always had accidents since he got her when she gets excited. I hated it and was so glad my puppy didn’t do that. Well she started doing it a few weeks ago I’m hoping as she grows her bladder will catch up and she won’t keep having these accidents. His dog well she’s pretty and sweet but a pain in the neck lol.
That's a real cute puppy you got there most specially when she's asleep.
It’s hard to get photos when she’s awake as she moves so much and the flash makes her eyes reflect. She is adorable though sleeping and awake.
@KrauseHome (35517)
H9w cute,,, Not fun to have to clean up messes like this from excitement though.
She is such a sweetie we love her so much. It was gross but so funny at the same time.
I'm so sorry this happened. Thank God we love them or we would probably, well I don't want to think about what we might do. My dog did this when she was younger, but eventually outgrew it. Your puppy is soooo cute.
My boyfriends dog is 1 and she has wet with excitement since he got her at 8 weeks old. My puppy is 4 months and just started doing it a few weeks back. I'm hoping she stops it soon.
@PainsOnSlate (20518)
I don't think I'd have the patience to clean up after a dog. We had a couple of dogs in the past but they were not messy... Thanks for the laugh, it was a funny story!
When my kids were small I wouldn't have had the patience either. Now that they are 13 and 10 it's easier. Glad it gave you a laugh
They must have been really excited to do that - what a mess for you to clean up.
It really was so sweet how happy they were to see her but lol yes a huge mess for me to clean up.