Lucky Him

My husband's company informed him a few weeks ago that he had over a week's worth of vacation days that he had to use up. He used a couple last month, but they were so busy that it wasn't really practical for him to be off then. So, today while I am running around making my lunch to take to work and getting ready for work. And of course dreading the entire time that I have to go out into that bitter cold to get there, he is calmly watching this as he knows that he's warm and cozy and will stay that way. Lucky him, he will be off of work all week this week and most of next week. Surely this cold snap will be over by the time that he returns to work, they are already forecasting it to end early next week. ~Photo is of my husband
I think the same as Jabo, he surely is concerned that you have to go out in the cold.
I don't know about that.
@Juliaacv I know that my husband would be concerned, he always think of me as I was a young girl.
@LadyDuck He texted me after I got to work and asked how I managed in that cold weather. I don't mind the cold as much as he does, so its not as hard on me.
I bet he feels sorry for you having to go out in the cold. I hope the weather warms up for you soon.
No, I don't think that he's too concerned about me, or if he is he's keeping it to himself.
@sueznewz2 (10141)
• Alicante, Spain
Yep, I bet the cold snap will be gone by the time he goes back to work. A lucky fellow he is.
I know, he minds the cold, so its better for him being home during this.
That's good that your husband has some time off.
Yeah I'm happy for him, he works hard and deserves it.
I hope that he enjoys his time off
Thanks, he works really hard, so I hope that he enjoys some peace and quiet and down time too.
Good for him! I hope he enjoys his time off.
He cleaned the house like crazy today, at the rate he's going he will run out of things to do before too long.
@Juliaacv lol he doesn't know what to do with himself.
@Happy2BeMe No he does not, today he rearranged the den.
@Platespinner (17062)
My husband was expecting to have vacation days left to carry over to next year. He ended up using the extra time (and borrowing from next year) when he injured himself doing some wood-working here at home.
That's probably not what he had in mind, but paid vacation days are better then unpaid sick days.
@Juliaacv You got that right!
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
What a great little present that he gets to stay warm for a while. I do hope he enjoys his time off. Time to take out that "honey do" list for him in case he gets bored.
He's a list maker also, and the house was sparkling clean when I got home today, so that was nice of him.
we are all waiting for a warm up.Going to be awhile.
That wind was so bitterly cold today, I wish the cold snap would end soon.
Seems like he's the winner getting to stay home in this frigid weather. Poor you having to go out and bring home the bacon!!
That's okay, I really like my job. He gets paid for his vacation, so we're still both bringing home the bacon.
LOL, How lucky can you get!?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Its awfully cold here too, and I have to go out in it to go to work in a couple hours as well.
@Juliaacv Good for him, but not much fun for you to go out in the cold. I hope it warms up where you live soon and where I live too.
They are actually forecasting it to return to around the freezing mark within the week. So hopefully, this long extreme cold snap is almost over.
@Juliaacv I hope so too.
@sueznewz2 (10141)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm sure he is feeling very pleased not to have to go out himself ... hope you had a good first day back...
Yes, my first day back was great, busy, but great.
It's 1 degree here right now. Supposed to get back up to 30 in a couple days and then get colder again. I hope he enjoys the time off. I love having that much time off!
This weekend we're supposed to see the extreme cold snap and return to normal temperatures. In fact next Monday our high is forecasted for above freezing.
@kobesbuddy (55006)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Nice photo, of your husband:) Jay took eight vacation days off, over the holiday season. Five during Christmas and three over New Years. He had to use them up, or lose that paid time away from the post office. So, he did just that and loved every minute of it!
Thanks. They really get you coming and going as far as when you can take vacation days. I'm glad that he's getting some much-needed down time now.
@Shiva49 (13964)
Never too cold here but can be hot and humid. Well your husband has earned the rest the hard way and looks quite cool in tune with the weather - siva