My Son Is Still, Begging Me, For Money

@TLilly15 (1371)
Newport News, Virginia
December of last year, my son needed to pay his rent,so I gave him $140 and then I ended up broke, the whole month of December, so the phone rings and it's my son, he told me he is waiting, on his check and it would come at 1:00 I told him it was only 12:00 he has to wait, I told him I could not give him any money, what my son wants me to do, is give him money from my social security check, I am not doing that, I did that last month, he has a roommate he took in, to get rent from her, so he need to do that, stop coming to me every time, your money falls short I am not going to, be there for you like that, I told to stay out of my son's business, and I am doing that, and now he is coming to me and I am turning him away.
Do NOT give him one penny more, not even one penny. It is his responsibility to take care of himself, not yours.
@TLilly15 (1371)
• Newport News, Virginia
Yes you are right, he wanted to live to himself, so now he is doing it, so now he has to stand, on his own two feet.
@TLilly15 And be firm on this!
you have to come to a halt.Your life first.Let him find a way to pay his bills.You should not feel guilty you keep giving him money he expect it. No is the answer.Does he not work for a living.
@TLilly15 (1371)
• Newport News, Virginia
My life do comes first, no means no to him,when he took in his girlfriend roommate, he knew what he was doing, now he has to know how to manage his money.
@TLilly15 good for you there.
@JustBhem (31735)
• Davao, Philippines
Does your son have a job? If he has then stopped giving him money. I mean, it is time for him to fully work on his own independently, and he should be the one helping you not you helping him. Sorry, I just need to say this.
@TLilly15 (1371)
• Newport News, Virginia
Yes my son has a job, he works at the movies, in the kitchen where they, make sandwiches.he is not going to help me, he is the type of person, who wants everything for him self, but I just stopped helping him.
@JustBhem (31735)
• Davao, Philippines
@TLilly15 Good thing you stop helping him, you need the money more than he needs it because he works.
@TLilly15 (1371)
• Newport News, Virginia
@JustBhem Since my son had his, new roommate living with him, he can get his rent money from her.
@amandajay (18072)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Ask him to find a way to pay his bills. Don’t give money to him anymore
@TLilly15 (1371)
• Newport News, Virginia
He took in his girlfriend room mate, to help with his bills so I will leave it up to him now.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@TLilly15 That’s relief to you!
@amandajay (18072)
• North Shore, New Zealand
@TLilly15 that’s better, ask them to survive by own
Good for you
@TLilly15 (1371)
• Newport News, Virginia
I am not going to let my son, think he can get over, on me like that.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Well, sad to hear. Didn't you have conversation with your son?
@TLilly15 (1371)
• Newport News, Virginia
I have several conversations, with my son his problem is, he doesn't listen.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@TLilly15 Yeah, if he didn’t listen then, you should not give miney to him. You can save them ! And I heard from you that he has a job! I think he cann manage with what he earns!
My mother in law (well both my parent in laws, but FIL passed away a few years ago) has gone through this for YEARS with their oldest daughter and loser husband. Now 2 of the grown children (MIL's grandchildren) are living/mooching off of her - meanwhile their parents (now in their mid 50s) are STILL calling MIL for money. It's ridiculous. MIL has had a hard time saying no all these years, but now that she is on a very fixed income, she just cannot do it . . . but it has taken this long to finally put her foot down (but we know she still has a hard time saying NO).
@TLilly15 (1371)
• Newport News, Virginia
I don't have a hard time, saying no if I can't help him, I can't help him, go ask his roommate.