I Had To Do It

My goal for the new year is to eat healthier and get myself healthier. Today I had to bite the bullet and go to the grocery store and do the shopping for the healthy foods we need. My daughter and I split up the list and covered the store in half the time which worked very well. I really didn't want to go out in this freezing weather but I knew if I put it off another few days would go by without me doing what I need to do. I'm so sick of leftovers and we finally purged and got rid of all the sweet snacks that were left. Now we have plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables so I have no excuse to fall off the 2018 wagon. It's bitter cold but now it's done and I'm home where it's toasty warm. Tomorrow I'm going to make soup which is perfect for this bone chilling cold weather. What's going on with you today?
I'm staying busy cleaning my house because I have family coming tomorrow to stay a few days. =)
Enjoy your company!
trying to keep warm.Had my MRI.Getting caught up h ere.
I started eating more veggies yesterday, I had a nice bowl of kale for breakfast Its cold here as well and we are out of diet coke so I will head out too, plus pay a bill or two.
I am missing eating vegetables so I'm stocking up. I haven't eaten kale yet but maybe I'll try it one of these days
Good luck in your goals.
I'm hoping to stick to it
Is that a resolution? Good for you! I dropped 6 pounds pounds since we got here without dieting and still eat healthy. It can be done!
I guess you could call it a resolution even though I don't usually make resolutions. Good for you losing that 6 pounds
@Marilynda1225 Whatever you call it, it's a wise decision or goal to make. I wasn't trying to lose it, but what the heck! Easy peasy. I think I will now try to lose 5 on purpose. Wish me luck!!! lol
Good for you losing that 6 pounds in such a short amount of time! I could stand to lose a few pounds and am trying but can't get my scale to work right.Does the weight loss show? i want to lose some but am afraid going down in size as it is not easy finding pants in six petite for size as i wear now
• Portland, Connecticut
I ate pretty clean at breakfast but I was bad at my lunch/dinner. When we get to Florida I am going back to steel cut oatmeal and smoothies.
Every little bit helps even if you didn't have a perfect day. When are you heading to Florida?
• Portland, Connecticut
@Marilynda1225 we are on the road now!!
@Platespinner (16791)
It's been a busy day today, but I expected that. You're right about soup when it's cold. I plan to make a large pot of chilli tomorrow!
I love chili!!
It is bone-chilling here too. -10F this morning. Maybe we will hit 3 degrees.
I normally don't mind the cold but this is too cold. It's crazy that Alaska is warmer than we are
@Marilynda1225 Yes, they have 40 degrees. Weird.
Good for you for getting rid of the crap and getting healthy foods
I am going to try very hard to get myself healthier and hopefully get off some of the medications I take
@Marilynda1225 It is always good when you go for fresh foods!
We have so many leftovers to go through still . . . I'll start the healthier eating next week . Today we're going to do some minor grocery shopping in the morning, but the rest of the day we want to spend outdoors. It's gray and apparently it's going to rain (probably barely) tomorrow.
Our weather is ridiculous and I don't remember it being this cold in years. We did our big food shopping today so I'm set
@Marilynda1225 Oh - it is cold this morning for us. I am still waiting on the rain that is supposedly going to fall.
Awesome. Good for you!!
Thank you. Seeing your weight loss is encouraging
@Rick1950 (1544)
• Lima, Peru
Well, I want to do more running and walking activities this year in order to get fit and lose weight. I think you have a good idea of eating healthy food. You'll feel better for sure.
I'm sure you'll feel better too if you get back to walking and running. It's too cold and icy here for me to walk but once it gets nicer I'll be getting in those extra steps
It is great that you stocked up on the healthy food. Wonderful beginning to the new year.
I'm psyched to get myself healthier and hopefully be able to get off some of my medications
You "purged" the sweets?
Yup got rid of everything
We are also trying to stay warm
It's crazy cold and usually the cold doesn't bother me.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Yes you are right health is the first priority.
You took that first toward working on your goal.
I made some soup this week, and with this weather it is so nice to warm up a little dish for my lunch at work. And since I don't usually take soup it has made it easier for me to change what I eat also. Good luck with changing your eating habits, it isn't easy is it?
@Traceyjayne (1102)
I made broccoli and stilton soup this afternoon and had that for tea with some crusty bread.
That sounds like you are right on track with your goal. Good luck!