My friend is jealous of me.

@sjvg1976 (18407)
Delhi, India
Hello friends, He met me when I started doing job and had to relocate myself far away from my native place. We met and became friends. I used to live in a rented house at that time. He asked me if he can live with me as he will share the rent . I said yes not an issue and we started living together and we came good friends. We lived together for almost 3 years after that we got jobs in different cities. He was very ambitious and was after money. He always had an aim to earn more and more money. Unlike him I always wanted to come back to my parents and prayed if I could get a job to the place where my parents live. And finally God listened to my prayers and I got a job nearby my native place and that fellow also got a high salaried job but that was far away from his parents. And now after around 15 years he is rich as has lots of money but still far away from his parents and me who is not rich but still lives with my parents. He is now jealous of me as I have lots of people around me to take care of me but he has none. Whom do you think is in better position in life, me or my friend?
In my country and many other countries - people tend to flock around those who are rich - unless your friend is a very unlikable person, I can't see him being alone and he has a lot of money.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Hmm...There is a point. So you mean people who rich can never be alone.
@sjvg1976 Not if they don't want to be. Of course, the persons who surround them might not be genuine friends, but only there because of the money.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
@Kandae11 you can't expect people to buy friends by money.
@hereandthere (32767)
why do you say, or how do you know, that he's jealous of you?
@sjvg1976 (18407)
He told me when last time he came to my home.
@sjvg1976 i see. he does not have his own family yet, like you?
@sjvg1976 (18407)
@hereandthere he has his family but he doesn't live in the same city as his family lives.
@nomus24g (24899)
thats Life...u lose some u win some...
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Absolutely. I have always valued relationships more than anything .
@nomus24g (24899)
@sjvg1976 that varies from person to person though...
@sjvg1976 (18407)
@nomus24g yes it varies.
• Uzbekistan
Everybody decides this for themselves. There is not one answer which is valid for everyone.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
What you would have chosen family or money?
• Uzbekistan
@sjvg1976 I know that many people love such either/or questions. Yet, in my opinion, it doesn't make sense to ask such questions without context. So much depends on a person's circumstances.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
@MALUSE Why do you say it depends on circumstances? We both needed money , circumstances were same for both of us.
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Some people spend their whole life with jealousy. Just move on
@sjvg1976 (18407)
so true.
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
@sjvg1976 happy new year
@sjvg1976 (18407)
@amandajay same to you my friend.
@louievill (19673)
There is always a trade off, it's also possible that he did not help those who are in a position to take care of him later cause all he thought about was money.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
No. As he is far of from his family members so in most of the cases it's not possible for them to come to him.
He feels you are richer than he is because you have all those people who love you, sounds like he is lonely and sometimes the chase for money will make you feel that way.
You are for sure. You have people that care about you and he is alone. That is very sad.
You do. I pity some rich people, because it's never enough and they will always want more money, and money doesn't love.
i would prefer the money. your friend won't ever struggle or starve. that is worth everything. he is alone because he chose a better life.
It's nice that you are close to your family. He's probably very lonely.
@Daelii (5927)
Whoever is happy. Money doesn't buy happiness. I prefer quality friends and family that can be there for friendly chatter and you know being a family. Ive found that when you have money and are up, everyone is your "family" and wants something from you. When your down you know your real friends and family are.
You are. You are far richer than he is with all his wealth.
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
Never compare yourself with others sir!.. That's my opinion in life!. Next upto you!.. Because he don't know how much ups and down you have gone through and hardwork!.. Neither you knew how much he has..