2017 in Review

@FayeHazel (16605)
I usually do these reviews monthly as I look over my goals journal -- however I thought in addition to writing about my December I would write about my 2017 in review. I find writing these posts on a monthly basis really does help me to keep on track - so thanks for that, Mylot! Goals- 2 New Recipes *I made 4. Sesame Chicken, and Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels were a hit. Ranch crackers is one my mom makes a lot, but it was the first time that I actually made myself and it did not disappoint. The taco mac and cheese was not very good at all. No credit card usage - did it! This is the 5th or 6th month in a row. Next month - one will be all paid up. Fitness goal - 12 days of 30 minutes of activity or 10,000 steps. I got 5 days in. Which is still better than last year. Books. 8 books -- I did 9. (Before you're impressed with me -- most of these if not all are audiobooks) Worth mentioning were - "Stonehenge, 2,000 BC" -Cornwell * While it was violent and crude it was an imaginative story about what life may have been like "Minority Report and other short stories" - Dick * Sci-Fi short stories by author Phillip K. Dick whose works have been made into many movies including "Minority Report", "Blade Runner", "AI", "Paycheck". "Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes" - Pincott * A look at attraction and dating. It was an enjoyable listen and interesting, though I'm not sure it will help me. In my other goals for the month of December - I did contact one of two old friends that I wanted to, mailed cards, got gifts, finished a sewing project, and worked on my magazine project. I didn't learn to use my "punch" needle. In all - I did pretty well. :-) In "other" unplanned goals I did a lot of rearranging and cleaning. My apartment building wanted us (tenants) to clean stuff out of the storage room that we had been allowed to use. I find that as I get older - each different year has a different flavor. For example: 2015 was new, fresh and exciting 2016 was exhausting and busy a mix of extreme excitement and of extreme stress 2017 was bland and even keel-ish. The summer went by way too fast and it was a cool and rainy one. 2017 - I did well with my financial goals. During summer I did alright with my weight loss - but now during winter I have filled back out again. Ah well. I did have some new adventures but nothing seemed really exciting to me. I feel spoiled even saying that. Myself and those I love are healthy and well. That is the most important I hope 2018 will be exciting and will include peace, freedom, friends and maybe meeting someone new Here's to continuing success Photo: Pixabay
You did pretty well with your goals! For me, 2017 flew by . . . it was productive, but I can't say it was productive for my own personal goals. It's time to step it up. Happy New Year to you . . . may you have much success with all your goals for 2018!
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thanks! I found that too - 2017 seemed like it just flew by here too. Ah - I hope you get more time for your own goals too. Wishing you all the best
I have a couple books. I would like to read in 2018.
@FayeHazel (16605)
Cool! Which ones?
@FayeHazel Charlotte Flair 2nd nature & battlefield of the mind.
@FayeHazel (16605)
@TRBRocks420 Hm, sounds interesting. ... I hope you get to read them
You did well, and I hope that you achieve even more of your goals this year.
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thanks! Here's to a great 2018
I wish you a very happy 2018!
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thanks! And to you, too
@dpk262006 (56115)
You are very courageous to achieve your goals you set in for you. Keep it up.
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thanks! Each day I strive to be better than the one before
@dpk262006 (56115)
@FayeHazel Your spirit to achieve better position, is commendable.
@FayeHazel (16605)
@dpk262006 I feel like I have progressed a lot in a few years. I can't wait to see where I am as years go by
@moffittjc (41310)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm a slacker...I set ridiculously low expectations and then consistently fail to achieve them! lol Seriously, though, I had a great 2017 and accomplished just about all my goals I had set. Just achieving milestone objectives on the way to completion of my goals gave me reason for excitement. I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store.
@FayeHazel (16605)
Ah - I like what @TheHorse did -- setting achievable goals. I'm happy your 2017 was great and wish you only great things in 2018 :-) That is an excellent attitude
@moffittjc (41310)
• Gainesville, Florida
@FayeHazel Not all of my goals are achievable in one year. Many of my financial goals are mid- and long-term goals. But by breaking those long-term goals down into smaller, more manageable chunks, I find it is much easier to stay on track.
@FayeHazel (16605)
@moffittjc That is a very good point as well. I find with a lot of goals (Finances, Exercise) - I find the thought that "every little bit counts" helps. Parking at the back of the parking lot. Walking the long way around the building, I find those few extra steps here and there really do count up.
@WriterAI (5021)
• Bulgaria
I wish you a successful 2018! There's still time to achieve our goals.
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thanks! It's true, still plenty of time in 2018. Best to you, too!
@WriterAI (5021)
• Bulgaria
@FayeHazel Thanks a lot!
Overall it definitely seems like a great december / 201u you had. And i hope 2018 is 5x as good.
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thanks! And to you too, a brilliant 2018!
@FayeHazel thanks
Wow you've done a lot of that last year. I probably just focus on loosing weight instead hehe
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thanks! HEre's to loosing weight :-)
WELL! I am proud of you. I also report each month on my blog, about how well I did or did not do. It does help.
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thanks! Oh that's cool you do the same, really does help, doesn't it?
@franxav (4760)
Happy New Year! All the best for 2018.
@FayeHazel (16605)
Thank you! All the best to you as well. Cool name, too!
Credit card debt is hard to get under control. Good job!
@sallypup (26359)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You have done a lot, especially with your finances. That must feel good.
There is another mylot member here who likes the punch needle art. I’d love to try it someday. You read a lot of books :) I love trying new recipes and was going to try the taco Mac and cheese so I might skip it now after reading it wasn’t very good.