Are you taking care of your self in this brutal cold?

Good afternoon.The cold weather is taking a toll here on my people. I do hope most of you know enough to protect your hands with glove cover your head etc.When the temp drop real low.It is very hard on our heart as it works harder in this weather. The elderly especially need to take care and also their blood pressure spikes. Not sure if you notice that oil prices spiking up along with gas prices. Food prices also going high. They have back up here on people needing oil.We just got ours today after a week and barely made it.Lucky. Yes.This is not good news.It is getting worse here in New England and others. Stay in if you do not need to go out.Take care and check in on the elderly. Thank you.Have a good afternoon. I apologize The photo is from last year storm. We do have almost the same amount at the end for the driveway.
We had -10F this morning, and now we have made it to 6F. We do bundle up if we go outdoors. As for Molly, she loves the cold and snow due to being a mix of two made-for-the-cold breeds of dog.
Our dog loves it too. I've seen the meme on social media many times (referring to pets): "If it's too cold for you, it's too cold for them." Not necessarily. Our fur doesn't grow much thicker in the winter like hers does. Our dog does have a nice dog house and she gets to sleep in the house if it gets about 20 F or colder.
@BloggerDi Molly is part Chow and part Shepherd and she has that double coat. She has a doggy door that allows her to go in and out of the house 24/7. We have a fenced backyard, and she is out there in 6F now having a great time barking at something. Molly delights in the snow and cold, and she is lethargic in the summer months due to it being too hot for her.
@Corbin5 We had a Chow for 13 years and he was the same way! Our current pooch is an Australian Shepherd mix. Several times when we brought her in out of the cold, she begged to go right back out. :)
I had to open my coat and tave off my gloves. I am sic from it but I had no choice I was burning up.
@sharon6345 I see.How are you now?
Dapper looking! I can only imagine what our fuel bills and snowplow bill will be. Perhaps we'll just stay in Florida forever.
@DianneN yes at that time.This is last year winter photo.the fuel bill is going out of sight. A good idea to stay there.But you will miss home this Summer.
@amadeo We'd miss our kids more and Doodles. There is no way we would stay here year round. We still have the bills to pay no matter where we hide.
Nice picture of you. I can definitely feel it with my heart. I will be glad when we finally get some relief from it.
@Happy2BeMe we are supposed to get a bit milder tomorrow so they say.
@amadeo lets hope
@Happy2BeMe we are suppose to get a little relief tomorrow
Don't worry Alfredo, I do bundle up when I have to go outside. You have a lot of snow on that picture????
The photo is last year.We do still have snow piled up here on the end of the driveway.
Nice picture my friend we are lucky compared to you guys no snow.
@TRBRocks420 what kind of weather you are having there.
@amadeo At night & mornings is pretty cold in the 20's, but the days are 40's.
@TRBRocks420 that I can handle .Not bad.Are you handling this well there.
Oh aren't you so cute there in the winter scene! I know when I've gone up to the snow on a day trip, I did not bundle up at times . . . I'm sure when you are having to deal with snow on a daily basis, you learn to dress for winter like a pro!
@much2say we do not have much choice.By the way this photo was from last year.I made a note of this in my post. forgot to say this.But still handsome yes
@amadeo Rain, sleet, or snow - still very handsome !
@nomus24g (24361)
but your picture says that you are enjoying the cold a lot :)
@nomus24g that is a fake smile.lol
@nomus24g (24361)
@nela13 (7731)
• Portugal
That was pretty cold, I can't even imagine How cold is that. Take care of you because cold weather can be terrible.
@nela13 yes it can.Very brutal.
@Madshadi (8924)
• Brussels, Belgium
Stay warm there
@Madshadi will try and thank you.
@BloggerDi (781)
You've shared important health/safety reminders. Thank you! I live in SW Missouri and the temps have been ranging from -1F to 15F for the past few days. We got just tiny bit of snow on Dec. 23 (first one of the winter) and none since. The extreme cold makes me tense up, then I usually have a neck ache for awhile after being out in it.
@bloggerd lot of people complain about their pain acting up in the extreme cold weather.
@nanette64 (17825)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, I had to spend some time this morning with the temp at 22 and found a water pipe frozen. Trying to get that figured out, my hands and feet went numb even with gloves and fuzzy socks on @amadeo . Had to haul water from the inside of the house out in buckets to refill the donkey tubs.
oh!my that is tough there.
@nanette64 (17825)
• Fairfield, Texas
@amadeo Not the way to start the day. It took 6 hours for the pipe to dethaw.
@nanette64 wow!many people in my town having the same problems.
Goodness that's a lot of snow
@Tampa_girl7 Marie that is last year photo.We do have a lot of snow but not that much there.That is the end of the driveway as we got plowed making like a lot of snow
@Tampa_girl7 Are you getting any of this in your area?
@tom_view (3877)
• Kolkata, India
here it is not so much cold.
@tom_view nice and warm there?
@tom_view (3877)
• Kolkata, India
@amadeo yes.pleasant weather in my place.
@tom_view yes it is warm there?
Nice picture. I'm in layers, inside and out. I'm glad your oil was delivered in time to keep you warm.
@just4him i have been layers for some time.Yes we were lucky.Many were not so I heard.
@just4him Have a good evening.
I try to take good care of myself any time of the year but if I have too many things to deal with at once I get worn out and sick so instead of having to push myself tomorrow I will take care of me.
@Hannihar there you go .You come first your right.
@amadeo Thanks Alfredo.
@hostessman (9767)
• Tucson, Arizona
i am so glad i live where i do,,it looks cold in your picture
@hostessman.Well a lot of people do not have choices.We were born in the New England and will die in New England. Some people are lucky to live in warmer places and some do not. for me I prefer the seasons in NE.We may complain at times but this is typical. I had many choices to move in warmer climate.But chose not.I love my winter and summer sport here when I was younger. The photo was from last year.It was not that cold then like it is now
• Tucson, Arizona
@amadeo to each his own, i grew up in Nebraska and moved to Arizona
@kobesbuddy (52474)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We are going into hibernation, Kobe and Me! See you again, in April:)
@kobesbuddy you mean your leaving us here?
@kobesbuddy (52474)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@amadeo Nope! I was just teasing, about Michigan being so cold:)
Why don't you wear a scarf around your neck?
@MALUSE I normally wear scarf the photo there why did I not have one?not sure. yes I do wear scarf every day.
@ilocosboy (35610)
Almost everything is spiking its prices my country because of the implementation of tax reform law here. Take care there.
@iIocosboy wow.Yes everything changes in the New Year.