SuperBowl is coming to town

Have you ever lived or worked in a city where the Super Bowl was hosted? Here in Minneapolis, the big Super Bowl this year is being hosted at our US Bank Stadium in downtown. I have the fortunate circumstances of working four blocks from the stadium. Fabulous! The SuperBowl does have a "ten day" experience starting on I believe January 26 with tons of indoor and outdoor activities. Live bands will be set up outside and various activities will take place around the downtown area. Also... bars will be open until 0400 instead of 0200 normally. Yikes! It feels weird to me to have outdoor activities in Minneapolis when in January the temps are often below zero. Generally unpleasant. The whole deal is probably going to be horrifying for those who live and work in the city. We shall see. Have you ever lived or worked in a city where the Superbowl has been? What was your experience? Happy Wednesday all.
@ilocosboy (40475)
Wow you can really have all the time to enjoy watching Superbowl
I will be working that day about 4 blocks from the stadium so I doubt Ill get to see it.
@ilocosboy (40475)
Wow, share some photos
ilocosboy, I do not follow the Super Bowl now.
It is winter. I hope the live bands will be inside. It is too cold to be outside to enjoy things. I was born in Minneapolis so that is nice to have the Super Bowl there. How are the Vikings doing?
I hear they are doing good actually and might make it to playoffs? But I am not a follower of football. Lol.
@maezee Well that is good. I used to watch the Vikings and football when still lived in Minneapolis. Here in Israel I do not follow sports or watch the Super Bowl.
The Vikings could actually make it to the super bowl too.
Thats what I am hearing...which might send the city into an uproar. They are usually not that good. Lol
@maezee Yeah I know they have great fans though my family lives there & loves them. This could be their year, but I'm still rooting for the Saints.
New Jersey hosted the Super Bowl a few years ago. I believe it was the 1st year where it was hosted in a cold weather state. Amazingly, it was actually like 50 degrees that day! We still have a flag hanging in our Man Cave from that event. It says "Rain Sleet or Hail Mary"
Haha nice. 50s would be nice for a winter superbowl. I wonder what it wll be like here. Maybe in the 20s if we are lucky. Seems like a miserable time to me. Lol
@maezee Yes that would be way too cold to enjoy the game for me.
Nope, have not. Goodluck to you.
Ahh thanks!
The Super Bowl has been at the Rose Bowl several times here in the LA area. Had no effect on my life.
Nice. Thats good. I fear since I work in the city center it will be quite the challenge.
Never experience that but I'm sure your going to have the fun of your life in the games.
Oh I am not attending or participating at all. Those tickets cost several hundreds of dollars. Plus I am not really a super bowl fan. Lol
@Madshadi (9029)
• Brussels, Belgium
We don’t have it here but I know in the states it’s a big deal
Extra big deal!!