Warm and Toasty

With the holidays over I had a very busy day at work yesterday. I love to be busy, so that was wonderful in my opinion. I can't see it slowing up any this week. Usually car sales slow down during this time of the year, we are still so busy. And good news from watching the news this morning. The forecast for next Monday looks promising. They are forecasting a slight spike in our temperatures. We have been in the grips of the deep freeze that most of North America is feeling currently. Next Monday we may feel warmth of just over the freezing mark. That will be nice. Other then that, I'm still very busy at work-it keeps me out of trouble, and its still very cold, so I'm enjoying the remote start on my vehicle which allows me to prestart it and have it warm and toasty when I get into it a few minutes later. How are things in your life these days?
I am still stunned that we may have to drive through freezing rain and snow as far south as Savannah Georgia.
I know, when I read about just how far south this cold air is hitting it makes me shudder. People who live in these regions are not used to nor are they adequately equipped to deal with the cold like us northerners are. I like to say that our blood is thicker up here. But it is comparable to when we get a heatwave, which we are not equipped to handle like our friends down south are. My eldest sister-in-law and her husband just arrived in Fort Myers Beach, Florida yesterday, they left the day before. But he was a trucker all of his life so long hours of driving are something that he is used to.
@Juliaacv neither Al or I are up for that kind of driving the Parkinson’s makes his back ache
Exceedingly boring. And cold.
I've never heard about a remote start on a vehicle, what a good idea.
You just point the remote (car fob) at your car and press a button and it starts. By the time that you get to your car the interior will be all nice, warm and cozy and quite often if there is any frost on your windshield, it will have melted.
@Juliaacv Wow, that's great.
So good to hear you have been busy at work!!! We will have over-freezing temps later in the week. We are rather happy about the 10F (-12 C) we have today.
We are expecting possible above freezing temperatures for next Monday. Right now its snowing, we are in store for 10-15 cm. Another day, another dump of snow.
@sueznewz2 (10121)
• Alicante, Spain
ohhh lucky you... those remote starters are a brilliant idea... but it will be nice for you if tbe temperature does go up a bit...
Either tomorrow or the next day our temperatures will rise. Hopefully this awful period is almost over now. Today is still bitterly cold, frostbite weather out there. We're going to try to go to Niagara Falls this morning and come back tomorrow. Its become quite the "hot spot" to see the ice and take photos. The roads in our area are bad, so that might be the only thing holding us back.
@sueznewz2 (10121)
• Alicante, Spain
@Juliaacv oohhh thats sounds nice..if you do go would you post a photo of the ice ...? safe travels
@sueznewz2 Yes, I will in a little while. We just got back home recently and I'd like to clear up my notifications first. The pictures really don't capture everything, at The Falls, you can hear the roar of the water blocks away, and that was almost silent, and you can see the mist hanging in the hair miles away, and that was frozen, it was something to see and experience. The pictures are okay, but they didn't capture everything. And.....I'm not as talented as you are.....
Today we had a chilly rain, very unpleasant, I hope it does not rain tomorrow, I have to spend the day in Italy.
I wish a dry day for you for tomorrow. Take care.
@Juliaacv It seems it will be dry today, dry and very warm, weird season.
@LadyDuck That's an odd combination for the weather at this time of the year. We had more snow over night.
we have a spike but not much.Big snowstorm tomorrow.
We are in a big snowstorm now......again.
@Juliaacv stay safe there.
@amadeo Thanks, you too!
I'm glad you're keeping busy. And yes the remote start is great!
Its a bigger deal to my husband then it is for me, although I'm starting to use it more often then I did when we first got this car.
@Juliaacv I'm glad you're using it. Don't want you to freeze
@Courtlynn Aww thanks!
@Platespinner (17047)
My two college students don't go back to class until Monday so we're still in semi-holiday mode around here.
Semi-holiday is a nice mode. Except for that Nessie, judging by the photo of her sleeping with the cat in front of the fire, she looks like she's full holiday mode.
@Juliaacv she's perpetually on holiday.
@Platespinner Its a dog's life.....
@dgobucks226 (13309)
We are in the midst of blizzard conditions in New Jersey. It is a balmy 25 degrees here today with snows and winds of 40-50 MPH. It will stay in the teens through this weekend. Wish I had that car feature. Technology can be a good thing at times
I see that there is a huge storm hitting the eastern provinces and the eastern seaboard of the US. Please stay safe. I don't mind the remote start, but I only ever use it for a few months out of the year.
@dgobucks226 (13309)
@Juliaacv Thank you! Too dangerous to go outside today!
@Shiva49 (13812)
Interesting to read how you all cope with the harsh winter. I wonder about how newbies adjust to this frigid weather - siva
I really feel for those that are immigrants to our country. I work with some that are from a warmer climate and my heart goes out to them.
@Shiva49 (13812)
@Juliaacv In northern India when there are extreme cold snaps they result in deaths too as the poor cannot protect themselves. My heart goes out to the babies - siva
Busy! A mad house type. Crazy people. I am taking Thursday off.
Back to work it is for me. We will be getting really busy as I work in a attorney/cpa office. Tax time is coming up!
Yes, it won't be long now.
I have just been staying busy lately. I'm glad you are doing well. =)
Thanks!
@JESSY3236 (7075)
It was very cold here yesterday. My pipes froze. My mother got the water working today. She went to get new pipe insulation.
I'm so sorry to hear that your pipes froze, there is so much of that this year. Hopefully it won't happen again.
@Morleyhunt (20438)
It's cold. I'm babysitting this week which is slowing down the things I wanted to do....but I get to spend time with Sandra....she is so full of hugs...
I'm happy for you both that you have this week together. It will be a great chance to build a few more special memories.
Have a great day at work. The temperatures are suppose to rise to +2 here tomorrow but then we are going to have a blizzard. We shall see what happens..they are calling for up to 30 cms of snow, sleet, rain and 90km/hr winds.
We're getting 10-15 cm of snow right now-ugh! We aren't expecting above freezing weather until possibly early next week. Stay safe in the blizzard, I hope that you are stocked up on the necessities.
You need all the rise temperature you can get.
Oh I know. I hear people talking about trouble with ice on their homes. If your gutters aren't cleared then the water would have accumulated in them and froze and that causes a lot of damage. We need a little warmth for those people so that their ice can thaw and things can get easier for them.
Are you a car dealer? I am currently in bed. typing with one hand laying on my side. I hope your indoors during the bitter parts of the day.
No, I do administrative work at a car dealership. I'm inside all day long unless I feel like stepping out to go and get a fresh coffee on my lunch, which I sometimes do. Are you okay, if you're still in bed, or are you just relaxing?
We're still experiencing cold weather, but we are doing well