Snow Snow Go Away, Come Back Another Year

winter, snow, cold,
It has snowed every day for weeks here in Ontario. We don't have a ton of snow like some places in Ontario but the roads are messy and slick, and its colder than a brass toilet seat in the outhouse in Alaska And no I don't have a outhouse.... Its just breathtaking when you step outside. Where my daughter lives up north and east of us the snow is measured in feet – 7 feet the last time, here in the Niagara Area we are measured in centimeters. Me, being an Old American I still talk in inches instead of centimeters. We have about 10 to 12 inches all over our yard. The main roads and highways are clear but the neighborhoods, although plowed, its messy and slick. This morning when I went out to get the newspaper off the driveway, it felt warm...well almost, it didn't take my breath away so I thought today was going to be warmer...but no, the snow showed up. Now waiting for my husband to get home from the Y to see what he has to say about the highway... The photo above I took when it started to snow. The grainy look to the photo is the snow. Our tree is down but we will leave the lights on the porch until we feel like standing out there to take it down... I intend to spend most of my day painting, and I like to paint so that's a good thing. I talked with the store that sells my art and they have a few special orders I will do today and yea... they need more stock. This time of year is slow for tourists but it looks like its going to be a good art year. I hope your day is delightful. What's up in your neck of the woods?
I have read how cold Canada and many US states are, we are lucky for the moment.
Boston is really getting it now, the ocean is running down the city streets... Its cold here but nothing as bad as the east coast here thankfully. I will not complain any more, its cold and the roads are messy but at least i can get around when I need to.
@PainsOnSlate I have seen scary images from the East Coast.
• Portland, Connecticut
We are in Virginia headed toward North Carolina. It is freezing rain in Florida and snowing in Savannah We are headed to Savannah Thursday night, hopefully, it will be melted by then.
@Ganma7 (2530)
Be safe
What a mess our world is in with this weather, the news of Boston and flooding at high tide was very scary. Stay safe.
• Portland, Connecticut
@PainsOnSlate Thank yes I have been in constant contact with our grandson this is the first year I have really worried about freezing pipes and things like that.
Dang, you have been bombarded with snow. Just 10F here, which is a relief for us.
Its cold and nasty here but after seeing Boston on the news I will not complain.
@JESSY3236 (5234)
It's been very cold here. But now snow thank goodness. Pipe froze and my mother got fixed. She went to get new pipe insulation.
I feel sorry for all of you who are not used to cold in winter, its been on the news and thousands are without heat, electricity, and water. Stay safe and I hope its short and sweet.
Stay inside where it is warm and don't venture out if you don't have to.
That is what I do, I stay in, in the past I skied all winter but then had knee surgery and can't do that anymore. If I can't ski, I don't like looking at snow...
@Ganma7 (2530)
What a beautiful picture. I would like to see some of your work painting and the Santa's you use to do. You are very talented
I put the santas away yesterday but maybe some are still on my bench waiting for a box... I'll check, my painting is a craft and I can send a photo now.... i
@Ganma7 (2530)
@PainsOnSlate I love this. Beautiful and done in excellent taste, Thank you for sharing
@Ganma7 (2530)
@PainsOnSlate This is gorgeous! You are so talented xxoo
@dpk262006 (55793)
It seems that heavy and regular snow fall is affecting your day to day activities and making you feel uncomfortable. We do not experience any snow fall here in New Delhi.
it does bring our routine to a screeching stop. Not much we can do about it, but wait for the weather to calm down. We were born in this area and snow will be snow... cold will be cold and in the spring it disappears... thankfully.
@dpk262006 (55793)
@PainsOnSlate You mean to say that if snow fall takes place you cannot do much but to wait for weather to settle down. As you have been staying at this place for many years, you have used to vagaries of weather.
@dpk262006 If its really bad with heavy snow and dangerous highways we stay home until the roads are clear and we can drive safely to wherever we need to go. Not all snow is dangerous, its sometimes very beautiful and easy to get around in it. We love living in a area that actually has 4 seasons. Winter good or bad will be over in a month or so.
Ummm, 10" to12" is way more than I'd ever want to see .... 7'?? Forget about it, that would shock almost everyone around here. Lucky for me it'll be right around 55 here today which is tolerable but for me still quite cool.
I am looking forward to February and Florida.
Ahhh, you are planning a vacation @PainsOnSlate At least you won't have to worry about the hurricanes but from what I did hear they are colder than usual right now.
@rebelann by the time we go it should be over.
I've just read that all of Canada is frozen except one little area. Enjoy your day painting.
It is breathtaking cold and we stay at home except to get our exercise at the Y daily, I will be painting again today - water aerobics in the afternoon. Trying to catch up at the moment here on mylot. I'm thinking if you are still in the north you are freezing too...
@PainsOnSlate I got out of Dodge while the going was good. I heard how horrible the weather has been. At least it's warming up a bit.
@DianneN yes going out to get the paper off the driveway this morning was warm...
@sueznewz2 (9719)
• Alicante, Spain
All is good and warm here on the spanish Mediterranean coast ... I hope it warmsvup for you soon.. but i'm glad you're happytto paint to re stock the shop...
I will be painting today as soon as I get away from the computer and put on my clothes. We are in a very cold area right now, won't be going out until it warms up to cold and not frigid.
@sueznewz2 (9719)
• Alicante, Spain
we have more coming tomorrow.Nor easter
@Ganma7 (2530)
We got it in CT today
@Ganma7 Same here.Over a foot
@Platespinner (19022)
No snow here, but it's bitterly cold. We haven't seen the thermometer above freezing since Saturday. It's supposed to get to 35'F here today, but will then dip right back down. I know it's not nearly as cold as what you are dealing with, but it's unusual for us to stay below freezing like this and a lot of people simply aren't equipped to deal with it.
We're supposed to see -32 Celsius today and tomorrow..
@PainsOnSlate Brrrrrrrr!
We haven't had that much snow but gosh it's cold. I'm very thankful that we haven't lost power and with plunging temperatures this weekend I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't. I can't imagine being without heat in this weather. It's nice that you have orders and painting to keep you busy and enjoy inside fun.
I am delighted to have something to keep me busy, because I'm not going out. Thankfully if we lose power we have a fire place, but hopefully we can just use it because we want to and not to try to keep the whole house warm...My fingers are crossed too...
@LoriAMoore (9795)
We had such a mild winter last year. I think it's going to bite us in the butt this year
Same here, we spent the winter thinking global warming warmed us up but not this year.
We had a little bit of snow a couple of days ago, but it was soon gone. The sun is out here now - a lovely crisp day. I'm going out for a walk soon.
Enjoy your winter, it's too cold here to enjoy but it doesn't hang out long, soon it will be gone and spring will be on it way
@Morleyhunt (17107)
With our home in the rural areas of Niagara it is impossible to measure the snow. The high winds have drifted it into piles. Some three of four feet high (1- 1.3m) but in other places a mere mm of snow. Hubby is getting tired of plowing out the farm driveway.
We are surrounded by woods and half way up the escarpment, Finally all the roads were plowed the other day after the highways were pristine. The cold is awful but we don't seem to get a lot of wind.
Glad your art is selling so well in the shop. I bet a lot was bought for Christmas gifts. I saw on Facebook people posted a photo of Niagara Falls mostly frozen. I'm glad you talk in inches as I get confused by centimeters ha ha. My boyfriend gave me a ride yesterday to pick up my van and his son was just getting back from his moms house near Govonor Ny. I asked him if they got any snow and he said 3 feet. I thought he was joking as we only got an inch (3 hours away from his moms home). My boyfriend said its called the snow belt there. Eek glad I live where I do as I hate snow and I thought we had it bad where we are lol
I would go to the fall to see the ice but its just too cold outside, we have visited in the past when the ice is huge...I grew up in the states and inches and degrees are still the way I talk about snow and the cold. The store is not begging for more because its off season right now, no one wants to visit Canada in the winter, they sent me a lift of signs I still have in the store and it was a lot shorter than I thought it should be so I am painting. I will be delivering in a few days if the roads are good...They had two special orders too so I'm happy.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It's not snowing here thank goodness. But it is definitely cold enough to snow.
My sister in law lived in Ocala and i watched the weather news and noticed that area was covered in white. We will be in Fort Myers in February, I hope its warm there when we get there..
And the surprise today is that we are expecting a few more centimeters or inches of snow again today........imagine that! But the forecast is indicating a slight warm up, we may be above the freezing mark next Monday.
It was warm for a day and now we are so cold I don't even go out. Thankfully I need to paint.