And life is back to normal...

Woke up at past 10am this morning. Not my usual habit. And that's because I woke up at 2am and stayed up until past 3 watching Patrick Starr and his brothers on youtube. I missed a call from the bank since I was still sleeping when they called at 9am. Had a late breakfast. Took a shower and went to the office at 1pm. Did some paperwork, went to the bank, and the usual routine. Life is back to normal after one month of just having fun and spending time with the family. Didn't realise I miss my normal life till today. Can't wait for tomorrow. I have great plans for the company and I will talk to the Manager about it when I see her in the office tomorrow. Did you have a long vacation too?
The world is returning to normal following the holidays.
That's right. I used to have a problem going back to my normal routine after a long vacation. Especially after a trip to another country.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Yeah!
@nitirrbb7 (3258)
Yeah we had a long weekend hope your plans work out great when you are at office tomorrow with your manager
Well now it is tomorrow. And I am in the office. She isn't here yet and I have a client meeting at noon.
@nitirrbb7 (3258)
@toniganzon Good Morning then all the best for your meeting
@nitirrbb7 Thanks. It went well.
Actually I am self-employed so I go to a place to sell my things. I used to go regularly but now I go certain times of the year and work on My Lot and help a woman with decluttering and looking for more ways to earn money.
Like you I am self employed as well. I'm currently the President of our corporation and has been the President for two years now.
@toniganzon What corporation is it Toni and what do you do?
@Hannihar it's a real estate corporation and I'm the President of that Company.
i havent experienced long breaks from work. but now i resigned because no one to look after my child.
I hope you're enjoying that.
@toniganzon of course because i wont worry anymore about my child unlike before when i still working in a firm
@Strawberry18 There are some career women who never enjoyed being a full time mom. Just not their thing.
Wow that was a nice long vacation you had.
Yeah, it was a one month long of vacation. Too long.
@toniganzon you got bored?
@shaggin Not really bored coz we had all sorts of activities since family living in the US were here. But I wasn't in the office for that long and I have things needed to be done.
@DaddyEvil (24758)
• Aurora, Missouri
LOL! I took a two week vacation at the beginning of last year, but haven't taken one that long before or since. I get too restless if I don't have a schedule to keep! I also get very bored when I can't find enough to keep me busy. (The only reason I was okay taking the two weeks off was because I spent the time at a friend's house instead of hanging around my own house.) I am glad you missed your routine, Toni! It proves I am not the only workaholic on myLot! (grinning at you!)
So you didn't know I was a workaholic! I don't have weekends to speak of actually since I work 7 days a week.
@DaddyEvil (24758)
• Aurora, Missouri
@toniganzon Oh, I knew you had said you were a workaholic, but I've seen people say that when they want to impress others. I couldn't be sure until you said you were happy to get back into your routine! I have been working on editing a manuscript for someone. He just ask me if I could work on some more manuscripts for him when I finish this one. I am a glutton for punishment, so told him yes. (I also like the $250 each I get for editing a manuscript, too!)
@DaddyEvil now that's a good reason not to deny him! I became a workaholic I think about 10 years ago. I used to work from 6am to 12 midnight with only a two hour break in between. I got sick when I didn't work back then. Nowadays, I feel odd and I don't feel myself when I don't get busy. It's the people around me who pointed out that I'm a workaholic. Didn't know I was till they told me so.
@Yadah04 (3024)
You are so blessed to have a long vacation. I am a full-time mom, and I think I badly need a vacation, if not a me-time, as well.
You should always have time for yourself.
@Yadah04 (3024)
@toniganzon But as much as I want to, there is just not enough time to do it. I am thankful though that when I told my husband about it one time, he was open to travels.
@Yadah04 At least he is open to travels.
@ridingbet (52676)
my normal CI life will begin on Monday. i hope though, that we will leave the area before 3PM or 11PM, because i used to leave the ward after 3PM due to endorsement.
Let's hope you get to leave that early.
@ridingbet (52676)
@toniganzon the first duty day yesterday, with my 5 students handling 4 patients (1 was the team leader), we left the ward at 10:20PM. i thought the bus left the students, but the other students waited for my learners.
• Pamplona, Spain
I am glad we are almost back to normal and I say almost because we still have the 6th of January to go yet. Glad its back to normal so I can get to the Bank like when things are normal.
It's a bit hard to normal after a very long vacation.
• Pamplona, Spain
@toniganzon It is yes and hard to live in another place too when you are so used to one all the time same sort of thing. Have a great day ahead.
So good to hear that you are pleased that life is back to normal. I am retired, but I do like it when the holidays are over. Too much stuff going on during the holidays is not to my liking.
This holiday season had been different for us because family we haven't seen for 11 years came to visit. This made the holiday extra special for us.
@toniganzon That is so wonderful to know, my friend!!!
I retired early, so every day is Friday for me. lol When I taught, I had several long vacations each year.
Teachers always have long vacations.
@Rick1950 (1565)
• Lima, Peru
Not really. Last year I travelled to two or three different cities in my country. Each time for a week. I enjoyed the trips and spend a good time doing tourism and visiting relatives. It's good to have vacations and see other places and other sceneries. This year I want to visit another city located in the south.
That's wonderful Rick! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!
I have not been any where in over 9 years. I won't be traveling unless it's an hour away and back. I want so bad to swim. Nothing more just swim.
What's holding you back from traveling? We always go to a special place during summer season. Going to an island. I love swimming in the beach and snorkelling.
• Trinidad And Tobago
It is nice that you are looking forward to work again. Most people wish their holiday was longer!
It's because I don't have to go to work on a daily basis or even go at a specific time. I go to work only if I have to or when I'm needed by my people.
@yanzalong (10151)
Not that long. Just for a couple of days spending time with my family.
Your work demands you to be back immediately.
@YrNemo (12638)
Life will be extra hectic for me in a few weeks time. I treasure any second I have right now. (Like Marie Antoinette before being executed! )
Funny you mentioned the Queen of France! I was named after her.
@KrauseHome (35035)
I unfortunately due to Healt problems cannot work outside the home so i run my own business. My h7sband workz Nd many weeks 6 days. When he does get 2 days off together, we usually take time to enjoy doing something fun.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That's definitely a nice long vacation. My kids have been home for almost 2 weeks. As school and daycare are closed and on vacation. However, on Monday, things will be going back to normal.
My son had a two week vacation too and he went back to school on the third day of this month.
I agree that every thing seems back to normal now because there's just many people now.
There's less people in the mall now as before. And less people in my family too since they all went back to the States.
Even i had gone to Ooty for 1 week with my Mom n kids had lot of fun with kids. And new n nice experience with beautiful Locations n Mouth watering Food.
That's wonderful.