When Parents Interfere

Anniston, Alabama
Last night I ended my online time very early because I got upset by a text message, I thought it was better to walk away and not vent and since I stopped writing one of my blogs, the most read blog of all, things has improved 100% with my business. Maybe I was telling to much, giving the enemy ammunition , putting the gun to my own head so to speak, enough so that people could drive me insane. Yes there is always someone that does not like you, is jealous and will try to destroy you, that is life. I checked my phone before putting my purse away , around 10 pm, and there it was, A message from a mother of a tenant. I have history with this woman, for years she has came and looked at my houses, I have held houses for her in the past and she always backed out at the last minute. A couple years ago I vowed not to hold a rental again and I have stood by my vow. First come that puts in an application, will be the first to get the house. This is one of the houses that allowed the water to freeze, the tenant told me about it yesterday and she knew she was responsible and was asking if it was okay if one of two people she knew could do the work, fix the busted pipe, I told her yes to either, one being her dad. The mother got really nasty and cussed me out without using cuss words. She said some really bad stuff that could end her butt in jail as well have her daughters kids turned into DHR. I had already took slurs from her in person but I let it go, cause its clear something is wrong with this woman`s mind. Plus she is not my tenant. I called my tenant and got voice mail, and I left a very long message letting her know that her mother has upset me, that I did not know there was a problem and that I do not force anyone to live in my houses. I ended the call but letting her know that her mother is not to contract me ever again or I will file harassment charges. An hour passed and I talked to the tenant. She told me she has no idea why her mother would do that, that her dad came and fixed the frozen, busted joint and it took 10 minutes! But she kept talking and she told me that because of her mother, they have been kicked out of 7 rentals in one year. When she started about the house they are in now the husband finally stood up to her and told her to go, live in the truck he was not moving again. My tenant also said her mom wants a mansion for $200 a month and that aint gonna happen. She told me her mom was not answering the phone but she plans to cuss her out and its not the first time, I did tell her to relay the message, contract me again and I will file charges, I added that maybe by me saying that she will take her nose out of her business. I will take a lot off people but when I have had enough, I blow up and I look for ways to stop that problem, Thank God we have laws and I will use my rights to them. So that was my night, dealing with more crazy people. Today will be better, has to be! Got plans for today?
• Denmark
You must have a thick hide to be able to put this behind you!
Being a landlady for over 20 years makes me have a thick hide. I can only blame the person saying things to me, not the poor tenant that has a crazy mother.
So good to hear that this woman's daughter knows her mother has a huge problem. I think we all have to take action when we have had enough.
I am still mad about that mess.
@andriaperry I would be too.
@LoriAMoore (9795)
You certainly deal with some interesting people as a landlord. Not for me. My skin isn't tough enough to take it.
The days of running over me are long gone, I can do crazy pretty good too!
Sounds like that mother has big time issues even with her own family - she's probably the type to burn bridges with everyone! It's weird the mother is the one who called you like that, especially since she is not even a tenant. Hopefully she won't call you anymore - but oh I feel sorry for that family because they will have to continue dealing with her!
My tenant told me as soon as she turned 18 she ran off and got married to get away from her.
@andriaperry Oh my! But it seems she hasn't gotten away from her completely yet!
It sounds like some people I've known. Fortunately I've never had the situation you've had, but I would handle it the same way. The woman needs professional help, and obviously has needed it for some time. The biggest problem with the mother is she won't keep her nose out of her daughter's business. Fortunately for you the law is on your side and if you end up filing charges against the woman maybe she'll get the help she so desperately needs. With the woman calling you and getting nasty you don't know how much more the woman is capable of doing, either to the rental or to you. BE CAREFUL Please!
I will save this text and I will point out to her daughter that if anything happens I have her confession, for the most part, that would put her in jail. I am sure she is all mouth, never happy type of person.
I'm so sorry you went through that with the tennant's mother. You shouldn't have to put up with that as she isn't your tennant. I hope she got the message.
I am sure she will.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Some people just don't know how to act around other people. That is totally and completely uncalled for. I'm glad her daughter knows how she can be and will talk to her. Not that it really matters, it seems like she is about fed up with her mom as well. I hope today was better. I worked this morning, and we are watching a movie before we go grocery shopping.
Today was okay but not great.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@andriaperry I'm sorry,heres to hoping that tomorrow is better.
@FayeHazel (12322)
I'm sorry to hear that. Some people are just plain unbalanced. It sounds like that tenant herself isn't a bad person, she has probably had to parent her parent for a long time
No she is a good person and she is good to her kids.
@FayeHazel (12322)
@andriaperry Ah, sounds like she has a lot to deal with
@Shiva49 (10568)
Some can drain away all our positive energy with their hatefulness - siva
You said that perfect!
@Srbageldog (6454)
Ugh, I feel sorry for your tenant having a crazy mother interfering in her business like that! If it were me I'd probably cut the woman out of my life, mother or not. Hope that crazy b*tch learns to keep her nose in her own business from now on. You shouldn't have to put up with that garbage.
I am hoping that she will take my threat to heart and leave me alone.
@UncleJoe (9040)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
My first impression is this woman must really be jealous of you. This is her way of showing it.
I think it goes beyond jealous, The tenant said thats why she left home at 18 and she is 31 years old now!
I'm glad the daughter wasn't as rude as her mother. Hopefully, you can block her number and never deal with her again.
I won`t block her number but I will follow through with my threat. I am saving the text because she incriminated herself by a few things she said, if any of that happened she would go to jail.
You know your laws and rights. People can be nuts and such time wasters with their craziness.
And I do not have to put up with them.
Some people just ain't quite right.
You got that part right!
@1creekgirl (9074)
My wish for you the rest of January is to not have one single crazy person to have to deal with.
LOL, thank you! That is a huge wish.
• Rochester, New York
I hope you don't have to deal with that woman again. She seems like she could cause some big problems for her daughters family.
No she moved to Anniston to get away from her mother., The tenants dad has her out in the woods now, where she belongs away from people.
17h
I would have told her the same thing.
@Ithink (7718)
That would upset me! If she isn't the one paying the rent or living there she needs to shush!!
@hostessman (7522)
• Tucson, Arizona
you are way to nice,,,,i hate to think what i would do if this was me,,,,,and i am a nice person//////////////lol