Lost Power

@UncleJoe (10597)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Waking up in the wee hours, I noticed right away that something was wrong. No nightlights glowed in the bedroom, (or anywhere else in the house). The power was out. One wouldn’t think that would be such a problem. It never seemed to be in the past when hurricanes caused that to happen. However, it was a BIG problem for me. No electricity means no HEAT. Did I mention that it went down to 15 degrees last night? The electric finally came back on about 8:00AM. By then it was 34 INSIDE. My 73 year old hocks can’t take the cold like they used to. Had it not been for a good quilt and my flannel Batman pajamas I would have frozen to death. Evidently, when it went off there was an electrical serge. My desktop won’t come on now. I am using an old laptop that I keep in reserve. Compared to my desktop, this one is very slow. I give it a command and then go take a nap. Sometimes, by the time I wake up, it has responded to that command. That means I may be a little slower responding to YOUR posts. Please have a little patience.
I had that problem a few weeks back, no fun at all.
@UncleJoe (10597)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I thought about jumping into my insulated coveralls and making a run for the car @andriaperry My Explorer starts putting out heat in under 5 minutes.
I will have patience. I am just delighted that you own Batman pajamas!!!
@UncleJoe (10597)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Yeah, they're getting a little ragged but it's hard to find Superhero PJ's for somebody 6' tall @Corbin5
@IreneVincent (16025)
Yikes! This is no time to lose power. We haven't lost power yet and I hope we don't. We have a generator but if we lose power I'm heading for a hotel
@UncleJoe (10597)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That sounds like a great idea in theory @IreneVincent but I couldn't get my old hocks out from under those covers.
I'm soooo sorry to hear that. I've been there, too. I hope your desktop isn't ruined.
@Platespinner (17027)
Blizzard of '93 we lost power in downtown Montgomery. The temperature in our place dropped so fast we went to stay with friends so we wouldn't freeze. (Some folks who lived in rural areas didn't get their power back for 2 weeks).
Sounds like the way my internet connection behaves sometimes. I sit twiddling my thumbs while one comment takes 15 minutes to go through.
@UncleJoe (10597)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Actually, for a laptop, this one is plenty fast @Kandae11
@BloggerDi (781)
These frigid temps can wreak havoc in all sorts of ways!
@UncleJoe (10597)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
More than they did when I was younger @BloggerDi
I hope by now everything is back up and running.
@Srbageldog (8274)
That sure is cold. Glad your power is back on, but that sucks your desktop computer got fried!
We never get those sort of temperatures, thank goodness, and never leave ouir heating on at night.
@1creekgirl (11306)
So glad the power wasn't off longer than it was. This cold can be dangerous.
@Morleyhunt (20261)
We lost power once for 36 hours. The temperature in our house only dropped to 45F. Glad the power came back before you and Becky froze.
That bites big time.