Shameless the TV show?

Is anyone a watcher of this show? I only recently discovered this show since it was on Netflix. I am on season 1 episode 3. (They are long episodes!) And so far so good. The premise follows a family of six where the dad is a total AWOL alcoholic, poor and sluffs off most of his responsibility on his oldest daughter, Fiona. The show revolves around that, Fiona and the other kids romances (lots of sex, beware). What I do like about this show is the focus on the alcoholic father. You just dont see many shows (or any) where alcoholism is a big problem and highlighted. Since it certainly is a big problem. Without giving me any spoilers, are you into this show? I hear there are 7 seasons. What are your thoughts? And do you think this show brings realistic attention to alcoholism or trivializes it?
@Traceyjayne (1113)
It was a huge success in England a few years ago x Very well written and very funny.
Ah I did not realize it was originally a british show.
I never watched the UK version only the american one but I heard it was really good too.
One of my favorite shows. They get better as they go on! As you continue to watch it you will see that it deals with so many other issues too. It is a great show.
Thanks! I think I will.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I have heard of it, but I have nto watched it yet.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@maezee Well that seems to be just about anything these days.
@lovebuglena (6864)
• Staten Island, New York
I discovered this show after meeting my now husband in 2014. So, I started watching this show probably in 2015 but not from the first season. Didn't know about it before I met my guy. I watched it from whatever was playing at that time. I don't know what happened before then but I still watch this show. I wonder if I should try watching the seasons I never saw... What I love about this show is that it has no commercials. So, it is an hour long show! It is one of the shows my husband watches that I also love. After I watch a new episode I can't wait for the next one to come on. Wish it wasn't a one episode a week type of show. It deals with many different issues and nothing is sugar coated. And it's done in a tasteful way, though sometimes it can be a bit much... It's addictive though!
I think it was on showtime originally. I think it might be good to see what you missed. But like you said, each episode is an hour long. Thats a long time commitment!
• Staten Island, New York
@maezee It was always on Showtime hence why no commercials during the show.
I binge watched all 7 seasons. At times it was a bit outrageous but I couldn't stop watching
I agree so far. Outrageous. But it has been kind of addicting. Have you watched the british or american versions or are they one in the same?
@maezee The American version I assume. Don't know if there's a British version
I have never seen this show. We do not have Netflix, but glad some really enjoy this show.
Yes! I think I will continue watching it. Hope your week is going well.
@yanzalong (10174)
I haven't seen any movies for ages, my friend.