Empowerment Cards

@FayeHazel (19837)
Hi MyLot - As I've been talking about being less negative a lot lately, I thought I would ask your impressions about empowerment cards. First I will start with a different product - something called "oracle cards" - Sometime back - one of my acquaintances was very into these things called "oracle cards". I'm a Christian and as such I don't think I should delve into things such as Ouija boards and Tarot. For me, these Oracle cards were a grey area. She had many decks. -- The cards themselves -- were larger than a regular deck of cards and adorned with beautiful art. Different themes. Animals. Angels. Faeries. And the cards would have an inspirational blurb on the back. I don't remember exactly the wording but some of the messages I remember were things like: "Spend more time outside" "Watch your finances" "Look for a creative outlet" "Create time for play" And each of those had about a paragraph worth of advice on how to achieve the suggested advice. Well, I could hardly see the wrong with any of those. I know there are some Christians who disagree with the "fortune cookie" as well and don't read the little messages hidden in cookies, however - as long as I'm not asking it a question or basing life choices on it - I can't see the harm in the so called "fortune cookie" , and I felt the same with the oracle cards. However as my friend described them - some people do indeed try to see their future with the oracle cards or ask it specific questions. That was where it seemed a bit too much like a grey area for me. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of the oracle cards, though, as long as the messages don't advise anything bad.... I can't see anything wrong with it , either. So I'm on the fence on those. However - enter the "empowerment" cards. Alright. So, it's similar to the "oracle" card idea. But there is less of a "predict the future" , "ask it a question" vibe. To me these aren't a lot different than the motivational posters you see, and instead it's a fun way to get a new motivational message daily. I felt comfortable enough with the idea to buy a deck... I think this will help with thinking less negative thoughts. Have you ever tired any of the cards? Photo : Mine
@moffittjc (45207)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have never tried the cards, but I've had those little tiny desk calendars with a motivational message on them each day. Isn't there also apps or websites you can get daily inspirational messages from? I think anything that helps us stay focused on the positive can't necessarily be a bad thing!
I agree
@FayeHazel (19837)
I love those little desk calendars. :-) Good idea - I should look for an app or a site. :-)
@moffittjc (45207)
• Gainesville, Florida
@FayeHazel Daily inspirational messages can really help keep us on track and focused toward our goals, or keep us motivated to stay positive. When we do something enough, or think something enough, it becomes habit. And when it becomes habit, it becomes a part of us.
I took a class in parapsychology with a friend. The instructor did a class on tarot cards and asked to speak to me after class. She told me that I was pregnant before I knew it. She saw it in the cards and was right!
@FayeHazel (19837)
That parapsychology class sounds fun. Wow. I wouldn't doubt that there is some validity to the tarot and so forth - talk about a dramatic example
I had a relative who came to my house one day and told me she dreamed I was pregnant. She told me I had a few months before it happened and she was right. I dreamed my cousin had her baby and woke up and the first thing my parents told me was that my cousin had her baby. He even had the huge cheeks I dreamed. I dreamt about 3 out of 4 of my sisters pregnancies. The last time I messaged a friend about it and so later when I found out she was pregnant I had proof I wasn’t making things up about how my dreams come true.
@FayeHazel Many more things that I learned in that class helped me throughout the years.
It sounds like a nice way to achieve small uplifting goals. Nothing wrong there.
@FayeHazel (19837)
They are really motivational :-)
I find them entertaining. I did a color thing today on facebook, green is my color for this year
@FayeHazel (19837)
I love those Facebook quizzes too :-)
I have something from Joyce Meyer around here somewhere. It's a motivational thing with motivational verses on them. I would go more for the motivational than the oracle. Even the name tells me to stay away from it, no matter what it says on the cards. But that's me.
@FayeHazel (19837)
Joyce Meyer is awesome. The motivational verses sounds awesome. True, the name is a bit spooky on the so called "oracle" cards. I kinda wished they'd called them something else.... but then the so called "empowerment" cards are the alternative I think....
@FayeHazel I agree they are. Yes, she is awesome!
@FayeHazel (19837)
@just4him I have enjoyed some of her audiobooks recently
@dpk262006 (56484)
I have not tried these kinds of cards. However, I keep checking/reading motivational messages to motivate myself.
@FayeHazel (19837)
Cool! Do you have a website, app or favorite book for motivational messages?
@dpk262006 (56484)
@FayeHazel In my mobile there are 2-3 mobile applications, which are full of motivational quotes. I keep checking such motivational quotes. I am on Instagram. When I post any picture on Instagram, I usually post a motivational quote along with the picture (if possible, relevant to the picture) so that others could also feel motivated.
@FayeHazel (19837)
@dpk262006 I never did join Instagram. But that's kind of you to share with others. I should check out apps, good idea. THanks!
I used to enjoy tarot cards back about 14 years until they predicted accidents and I got in two car accidents after each one so I sold the deck and the book I bought to go with it on eBay. I think the oracle cards sounds better!
@FayeHazel (19837)
Oh wow. That is spooky. Did you do the readings yourself? I don't blame you on getting rid of it....
@FayeHazel yep I did them myself and looked up the meaning with the cards in the book. It was really specific on what combinations of the cards could mean.
@FayeHazel (19837)
@shaggin Wow... seems you had some gift for interpreting it. Too bad about the accidents though
I've never tried any cards like that, and am unlikely to do so. I get my 'empowerment' from within myself, not from reading cards.
@FayeHazel (19837)
I admire you for being able to do that.
I would say if they help you not think as many negative thoughts then by all means use them. I am interested in learning things about "oracle cards" but have never had the desire to get a prediction of the future as it just isn't what I want
@FayeHazel (19837)
Oh yeah, there was a certain way you were supposed to use them to see the future. Something about drawing 3 or 5 with different questions in mind.... that never seemed to be what I wanted, either.
@FayeHazel too complicated sounding to me. I am not much into complicated things for things like that!
I've never tried any cards like those.
@FayeHazel (19837)
They're sort of fun. I don't look at them daily - maybe that helps keep them exciting for me.
@FayeHazel maybe!
@JESSY3236 (7295)
I never tried the cards. I used to read horoscopes. I never really took the seriously. You could make your own inspirational cards too.
@FayeHazel (19837)
Those horoscopes are pretty cool too. I agree, best for entertainment value
Motivational messages are okay - I feel inspired after reading them.
@FayeHazel (19837)
I love some of those posters, too
No, actually, I have never heard of them. They sound kind of cool.
@FayeHazel (19837)
They're sort of fun. :-) I was thinking about making my own with my favorite sayings and art glued on regular playing cards
I think empowerment cards that make someone feel good are fine.
@FayeHazel (19837)
It's fun to see the suggestions for living a more fulfilled life
I've never gotten a Ouija board to work for me. You're better off with the cards.
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I haven't tried cards like this, but if it helps you to have a positive mind set or focus on positive thoughts, then that is great. :-)