Alone in the dark

Guinness cake
@thelme55 (15059)
Germany
Yes, I am alone sitting in the dark living room. Only the tv and the Christmas lights are on. When I arrived home from work this evening, nobody was at home. I forgot that hubby was invited to go to a concert with his friend. I love sitting alone in the dark as I feel it is so comforting for me. Hubby wants all lighted when he's at home and so I have the chance to be here in the dark again while mylotting. This is my first discussion here at Mylot this year 2018. How was the start of your new year? Was it good? We celebrated our new year in the Netherlands with all my relatives living there. It was fun and hubby took a lot of photos. We were making memories. The photo above was the Guinness cake I baked and I decorated this with royal icing. Very simple decoration but the cake was yummy. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018! May all of us have a wonderful, peaceful, healthy and successful year in our lives. Take care.
I have a lamp beside my chair when I'm computing - I never learnt to touch type, so need it. Glad you enjoyed your New Year celebrations.
@kobesbuddy (55006)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Glad to hear you are enjoying the dark, I love to sit in the dark, also! Your celebrations sounds like so much fun, good to know you enjoyed the holiday, with your family:) Your photo didn't upload, I'd love to see your Guinness cake
@kobesbuddy (55006)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Thanks, Thelma! Hey, that's beautiful, save some for me, O.K.?
@hereandthere (32762)
what a great container. i love that you can lift that red thing inside (sorry the word for it escapes me) i don't like superlight, but don't like superdark, either. i will turn on certain lights for safety, and also at the computer because my eyes can't rely on the monitor only.
@thelme55 (15059)
It is a cupcakes container @hereandthere. I have seen that in the shop and bought it. It is a good transporter and cake fits in as well. I agree that darkness is not good for our eyes but I can do it only when hubby is not here
The cake came out great! I'm so happy you enjoyed your time with your family in the Netherlands. Happy Happy New Year to you and your family!!!!!
I cannot read the letters with no light. The cake looks awesome.
@thelme55 (15059)
I see @marguicha. The Christmas lights were enough for me to read the letters.
@thelme55 I canĀ“t read like that now.
@thelme55 (15059)
@marguicha ah ok. You really needs lights.
@kepweng (18570)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice cake and the Title looks like a movie about Black people
@thelme55 (15059)
Lol! I only meant that I was sitting alone in the dark @kepweng
@ridingbet (59370)
i sleep in the dark. happy new year to you.
@thelme55 (15059)
Me too. I sleep without light @ridingbet
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Lovely cake and glad you enjoyed new year. Ours was quiet. Happy new year to you.
@thelme55 (15059)
Thank you @Gillygirl. Happy New Year, too.
@Srbageldog (8244)
I'm glad you had a good start to your new year. Mine started with our car breaking down, so not so good I guess. Hopefully it won't be an indication of how the rest of the year will go! Your cake looks lovely and I bet it tasted delicious!
Yes the new year came in with good feelings and seeing that I am getting over this flu. I hope you are well by now, and as always you cake looks so pretty.
Happy New Year to you! My husband and I do not like full lights at night, but subdued
It's nice to be in the dark sometimes, but I don't do that when I'm mylotting. It's bad for the eyes I've been told.
@aureliah (18440)
• Kenya
My New Year have kicked off very well. I cant complain. Glad that you had a nice time in the Netherlands. I also love sitting in the dark
I love sitting in the dark too especially with the Christmas lights on.
Happy New Year to you.
@Shiva49 (13965)
Nice to know you had a memorable new year celebration. Went out to soak in the festivities but countdown was at home due to rain - siva
@josie_ (7641)
After all the fanfare greeting the new year, it's also good to have some alone time to reflect om the past year and contemplate about our plans for the new year.