I will start 2018 n a healthy way

@sallypup (28058)
Moses Lake, Washington
Yesterday I found an advertisement that set me to thinking about choices. I can stay at home in my cocoon or I can get out and get something done. I decided to take the challenge. A warm water exercise class is starting up next week. It will be held in a town to the north of me. I chose to take morning classes, not evening cause driving extra in the winter at night is insane for me at this point. So.... starting next week, two mornings will be me driving hubby to work then heading back north to the exercise pool. My back has been getting worse lately as well as my messed out knee. I need to take hold and exercising in the pool is the only way I can. Using gym equipment will put me into physical therapy. Pool or bust!!
That is great! Hope you enjoy yourself.
@sallypup (28058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle Me, too. It will be interesting to see if I know anyone in the class.
@sallypup ......That would be nice. Or, you might meet someone.
@sallypup (28058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle That's true. I look at the meals that the senior centers put out for lunch. I hate to think of it but I am old enough to go there. Anyway, I look at those so called healthy lunches and know they are not healthy for me. Not enough fiber and for sure based on some kind of meat. I just can't seem to find folks that I have much in common with when I go out in public.
Awesome! Water exercises are the most gentle and the best.
@sallypup (28058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN I love how I can move so much better in the water.
@sallypup It's very therapeutic. Glad you're going to do it, Lenore.
That's really great. Hope you get to consistently do it. We stopped eating pork from February last year and it'll be one year this February. I discovered last year that yoga helped with the back pains.
@sallypup (28058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@toniganzon Yoga is a good idea so long as I don't have to get down on the mat. My knees don't let me get down low.
@sallypup I'm sorry. There are yoga poses in standing positions only.
@aureliah (17990)
• Kenya
If exercising in the pool is the only way then go for it.
@sallypup (28058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@aureliah You bet. I will do that.
@aureliah (17990)
• Kenya
@sallypup great
Good for you. It will help a great deal.
@sallypup (28058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Happy2BeMe My community used to have a pool for adults to exercise in but it went bust. I felt good when I was in the water. I think it limbered me up.
@sallypup Glad that you are getting back into it.
I love my warm water exercise, we have been doing it for two years now and it is great.
@sallypup (28058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr A few years ago there was a place in town that had water exercise classes but it went out of business. I am delighted to find this new venture.
Congratulations and good luck on your new endeavor. One of my closest friends is doing the same thing, taking morning water exercising at our local YMCA gym.
@sallypup (28058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@LindaCPearson I wish my town had a YMCA. Thanks for the congrats.
Time to act upon motivation.
There ya go! something to get you up and something to keep you going. Have fun!
@kaka135 (14068)
I always like challenges, and I always think it's good to get our of our comfort zone, well, at least sometimes. I always wanted to keep a habit of exercising everyday, or at least a few days a week. I have started to jog in the park nearby every morning since Tuesday. I want to start practicing Yoga at home, but I haven't get to do it yet. Wish we will stay exercising consistently and stay healthy always!