This year not off to a good start once again

If this is a sign how things will be, then I dread the rest of the year. Yesterday my grandmother fell and was taken to the hospital. She was hurt pretty bad, they sent her home with some pain pills, on the way back from picking her up our car stopped working, right in front of the house. This morning she was rushed back to ER, to find out she needs hip surgery from the fall. One bad thing after another, I don't think I can handle much more.. Lets some good light shine on our family. Hope you all our having a better start.
It seems very remiss of the hospital to send your grandmother home, when she clearly needed more treatment. I hope she will be ok.
i hope so too, , I am sad for her
I recall my dad being sent home, at age 94, with a broken clavicle and 3 broken ribs, and my mother-in-law at age 87 being sent home with a broken pelvis. Why do they do that??? I do hope your grandmother comes through this surgery just fine. It does seem that we will have a run of things going wrong.
well she went to the ER that her medical plan is with, evidently they did not check her out that good. She was in pain all night. but she has dementia and really didn't say what was hurting.
@CookieMonster46 My dad had to go to the ER and ended up in rehab, and I had to fight for rehab for my mother-in-law. My dad has dementia, and there is no way he could express himself so that others could understand either. I do hope your grandmother comes through this well.
@Corbin5 that is terrible, that is a big problem when they have dementia, I hope she does well too.
@db20747 (1892)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That same thing happened to my grams. She recovered so well we can't get her to sit still for a minute. Hope the same for your grandmother. The year will get better.
she is 101,years old, i don't think she will be doing too much moving, but she has to get better
@db20747 (1892)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@CookieMonster46 Awesome! Hope she has strong bones. But, yes she will have to take it easy. With good PT she will heal even at 101. Prayers for the new year.
@db20747 thank you
I wish your grandmother all the best with her sugery and recovery.
thank you
@CookieMonster46 you are welcome
@aureliah (6143)
Dont have the notion that these things determines the rest part of the year. All will be well. I wish your grandma a quick recovery
last year it started out bad, and continued, to be bad the rest of the year. I really hope this didn't set off the way again this year.
@aureliah (6143)
@CookieMonster46 I believe that it did not set off the way the year will be. Keep praying
@aureliah oh yes, I will be praying, thank you
@carebear29 (27201)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Prayers. Mine isn't either. Didn't get to move yet like we wanted
oh no, so are you moving later?
@carebear29 (27201)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@CookieMonster46 hopefully by end of the month yes
I am so sorry! I hopw her surgery goes well. And she recovers fine. It is scary, as my grandmother had to get hip surgery, but all went fine and I'm sure it will for yours too.
thank you , because of her age we worry, she is 101
@CookieMonster46 yes definitely. My grandmother was only in her 70s at the time.
@sallypup (23435)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm sorry. I hope there are better days ahead for your dear Grandmother. How is the car doing?
car is not working, at all. that will have to wait a bit before fixing.
So sorry to hear about your grandma and hope she has a good recovery.
thank you
@nanette64 (14760)
• Fairfield, Texas
Did they not take any xrays of her when she was in there @CookieMonster46 ?
I don't know what they did for her the first time, but they did the second time.
@nanette64 (14760)
• Fairfield, Texas
@CookieMonster46 Nothing like her having to suffer more because they didn't the first time.
@nanette64 exactly
@Srbageldog (6616)
I am sorry. I hope your grandmother's surgery goes well and she recovers swiftly. Last night our car broke down too. I sure hope it's not a sign of how the rest of the year is going to go.
It just gets depressing you look forward to a good start, then all this stuff happens.
@CookieMonster46 I know. And it seems that when one bad thing happens, then more bad things keep happening.
@Srbageldog just every day more stuff keeps happening.
• Portland, Connecticut
So far not the best, but that is terrible about your grandmother. My younger son had his hot water heater die and had a burst pipe so he is off to a bad start as well. I will say a prayer for your grandmother that her surgery goes well.
thank you so much, I am sorry about the water heater.
• Portland, Connecticut
@CookieMonster46 he replaced it so not a biggy!! But annoying
That is terrible and I am sorry. How are you doing and how is your grandmother now? I heard bad luck comes in threes.
yes, we have had more than three so far, and more to come. Grandma was in bad pain yesterday. I believe she goes to rehab next for recovery.
@CookieMonster46 That is good Jellybelly that your grandmother will be going to rehab to recover.
@thelme55 (12585)
I wish your grandmother will be recovered soon. I hope the bad start of your new year will stop and good things will happen.
i hope so but we have yet something else to deal with.
I hope she makes a good recovery, and I hope the remaining of January and the rest of the year bring only good things.
I am going to hope so we have something else to deal with and waiting to find out what happens.
@sugartoes (35657)
• Greencastle, Indiana
OH God that is not a good start to the new year, sorry to hear the bad start. I pray that she will be better soon & hope that things change for the better soon for you & her.
thank you, I hope things start changing or the better here as well.
I hope your grandmother is doing ok after the surgery.
thank you she was in pain yesterday, hoping better today.
Oh, how sad! It seems bad things come in threes. Hopefully, that rotten beginning to the new year will end. Wishing your grandmother a speedy recovery.