Jan #2. Who in the World?

Most everyone knows who Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is or was, because he composed numerous operas, including "Cosi fan tutte," "Don Giovanni" and "The Marriage of Figaro" one of my favorites. But, did you know Lorenzo Da Ponte wrote the words for all three of these operas? I wondered why I had never heard of him. Well, here's why, I guess. After writing these operas, he moved from Europe in 1808, to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and opened a grocery store. Who knew?
@aureliah (5693)
That I did not knw. From writing for Mozart to a grocery store?
Comment above re: grocery store by Marlina
The wiki link is interesting
@aureliah (5693)
@IreneVincent yes it is
I did not know him before you wrote about him. he briefly ran a grocery store in America according to Wikipedia.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Lorenzo Da Ponte Engraving by Michele Pekenino after Nathaniel Rogers Lorenzo Da Ponte (10 March 1749 – 17 August 1838[1]) was an Italian, later American opera librettist, poet and Roman Cat
Wow! Thanks for the link. I read it all. Very interesting.
• Pamplona, Spain
I never knew that either and would probably never have found out. Mozart was really great as a composer. There was a little boy on a program here the other day and played like a real Mozart too.
I love Mozart and about an hour ago I was listening to: The Piano Sonata No 16 in C major right here on YouTube.
I guess he didn't get any royalty checks.
Or maybe he did get enough money to move to the USA. I just read the link from Wikipedia and am better informed