No Complaints Here!

Yes, it is cold here. Yes, it is snowing here-again. No I will not complain. We have the news on and they are showing the bigger picture. This includes the bad snow that will hit our eastern provinces as well as much of the eastern seaboard of the US. This is a really big storm. For those of you in its path, please stay in and stay safe. Check on those that may need help. Get out the board games and keep yourselves busy or make a nice big batch of soup to enjoy together. Try to make the most of it, but above all please stay safe. I have no complaints here as I am not in the path of that terrible storm, but I am thinking of you. ~Photo is mine taken in our back yard a couple of years ago.
I hope all will be ok where you are and keep safe.
Thank you, we are fine, but I do worry about those out on the east coast of Canada and also parts of the US, they are in this terrible storm bomb.
@Juliaacv That is very nice of you to worry about others.
@Hannihar I have a very dear friend on this site that I'm very concerned about as she lives out there and another one who recently bought a home out there and is getting ready to move out east, and I hope that her home remains in tact and safe for her to arrive in a few weeks from now. We have such great friends that we make here, its hard not to be concerned about them!
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We've stayed in quite a bit recently, due to the cold and everything. We'll probably have to stay in for a little more.
Are you in the path of this storm as well? For once we are not, but we are kept busy with all of the lake effect snow bands that come across the Great Lakes.
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv I'm not sure if we are or not, but we may be close.
@dodo19 We are getting snow now, it seems to start up every day around 4pm, and we wake to a fresh coating, every single day........how long until spring?
We should all be glad if we are not in the path of that storm, I too hope they will all be safe and sound.
Thanks, I'm thankful also, but its nice that those that are getting hammered by it know that we are all thinking warm and positive thoughts for them.
I just remember 2012 and then I think well it won't last a whole month @Juliaacv It won't will it?
@rebelann I remember that winter from 2012 to 2013, it was so brutal. My husband wants to drive up to Niagara Falls this weekend to check out what things look like there. I looked it up online and there are a lot of people flocking here to see what is actually an optical illusion because the mist that comes off of the falls is frozen, and parts of the American Falls are frozen, however there is still tons of water flowing at a remarkably fast rate below all of that.
We haven't gotten the brunt of that snowstorm but they have closer to the lakeshore. We have the brutal cold.
We got about 40 cm of fresh snow from yesterday afternoon until very early this morning. And of course it blew because with this cold weather its such light snow. Tomorrow and Monday are supposed to be much closer to regular temperatures, so that will be a nice change. We're getting ready to try to drive up to Niagara Falls. With these temperatures the falls have become quite popular as there is ice where there usually is not ice. I am hoping that the roads are not too bad that we change our minds and turn around.
@Juliaacv I hope your trip is a safe one and the roads are clear.
@Susan2015 Thanks, the sun is out now, we feel that it might be safe.
Luckily we aren't getting hit as hard as surrounding areas but it looks horrible on the news
I missed the evening news, but they rerun it in the morning, so I'll see it then. My husband decided to surprise me when I got home from work by asking me if I'd like to go to Niagara Falls this weekend, so I've been looking for accomodations online. And that sucked up a lot of my free time this evening.
@Juliaacv going to Niagara falls sounds like fun. With all the cold I wonder how much is frozen
@Marilynda1225 I guess that you and I are not the only ones wondering, check this out......
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/01/03/niagara-falls-freezes-over-winter-weather-slams-u-s/999124001/
We are in the path of the storm but it is looking like we are going to get snow, then freezing rain and then heavy rain and strong winds. Should be a messy drive home after work. It hasn't started yet but it suppose within the next few hours.
I knew that our eastern provinces were going to get hit with a mixed back of precipitation, please drive carefully on your way home.
@Juliaacv everything will be icy in the morning with the rain we are gettting now
@Happy2BeMe I hope that you can stay home tomorrow, you'll be safe that way.
Yes we will be stuck in the house all day today. No going anywhere with this storm.
*loads shovels & rakes & implements of destruction in Creeper Van* *heads for New Jersey*
Stay safe there.
Enjoy my snow . Stay warm.
Do you still not have any snow? We're getting more now, and I'm so over the snow.....
@Juliaacv we have some now. But not sure how much
same scenario here.We are shut in for most of the day
Please stay safe there.
@Juliaacv we will the snow is starting to pick up
@Juliaacv The weather has been so bad in the last year with fire, hurricanes, and more. I just pray that God will protect everyone being affected.
Yes everything has been so extreme hasn't it?
We are getting extreme cold here, no new snow for now.
We are getting pounded with snow today. It began in the early afternoon, and we've probably had about 10 cm, and are in store for more.
Just, time for folks in the path of this storm to stay home and keep warm. We are not in the path, but have been in the path of bad storms in the past.
No, we are not in the path of that particular storm, although there is one coming across from Lake Huron that is pounding us right now. But as bad as it looks here, I know that someone else, somewhere else is worse off and I do feel for them.
I say stay in the house! Sleep till it passes
I hope that there are some that are in the path of the storm that can do that.
It looks like it will be a bad storm.
Isn't huge isn't it?
I used like snow when I was a kid but recently I've been hating the snow. I'm sure its suck when your not wearing winter wear.
You have to wear winter clothing or you'll get frost bite.
@xiaolisu (1329)
i am really expected a heavy snow . the forecast said it's coming soon. i want take beautiful picture with snow
Enjoy it!
At least you have plenty of material to build an army of snowmen.
Yeah, but I saw the movie Jack Frost and its scared me from snowmen ever since
Yes, stay safe. The snow looks lovely but it can be treacherous.
Thanks, I hope that those in the path of that storm stay safe. I do my best even though we don't have anything near as serious here to contend with.
@nitirrbb7 (3258)
God keep all of them safe who are in the path of the storm.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I'm thinking the same thing, I can put up with snow and plows, at least I don't have to worry about water coming up my street and into my basement...