Does your little person with fur enjoy people food?

We know we shouldn't do it..because it really isn't very good for them,unless you are a home made pet food proponent) but how many pet owners can resist giving their little bundles of joy some human food from time to time? My cat does not like much in the way of people food other than a bit of yogurt or tuna..maybe ocassionally a piece of cheeto or bite of lunch meat. My son's cat will not eat any people food..oddly enough...not even tuna, chicken or anything. What does your furry darling like to eat beside their pet food? Oh cereal milk he likes too..but I don't give him much.
Molly will eat a bit of meat, fish, or cheese, but that is it. Our old dog Bo loved tuna and green peppers.
Green peppers that's funny!
@snowy22315 He loved those. I miss Bo.
@kobesbuddy (44101)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Our dog Teddy loved raw carrots:)
No my cats don't. The 2 that recently passed away did. They would sit with us as we ate dinner. My husband taught one of them to eat off of a fork! The 3 we have left don't care for people food. My parrot is a pig and will eat anything you give her.
It's funny how some do and some don't. Dogs always seem to love it..cats not as much.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
My cat doesn't like people food AT all. She doesn't like most canned cat food either, to be honest. And she's also very fussy about the dry stuff.
My cat is a bit on the finicky side. Fortunately, he likes his prescription pet food in the dry variety, but he wouldn't eat the canned.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
@snowy22315 It's so infuriating to put down a plate of canned food, watch her lap up the sauce, and then leave the rest to dry. I've been buying the Friskies Gravy types, and she does a little better with that. But she still leaves the solids.
@Raelove Sometimes they decide after awhile the dont lije the food anynore too.
@kobesbuddy (44101)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've been told by a neighbor lady, giving dogs a little lean meat is good for them. Their digestive tract is devised to handle protein foods, but very little grain or starches. Most dog foods include vegetables, which is really good for them.
I think meat that isn't processed is OK, processed food in general isn't good for people and it isn't good for animals either. Some human things like grapes and onions are really bad for animals.
@kobesbuddy (44101)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@snowy22315 We don't buy processed meats, they are bad for people or dogs. Chocolate is harmful to dogs, I've heard.
@kobesbuddy oh fir sure!
I feed my Onyx only cat food. I never offered human food to him and don't plan on it. But I had dogs in the past that ate only human food and refused any dog food. Once we didn't give my dog food for two days only dog food and she would not even taste it, gave her food because we didn't want her to die of starvation.
Yeah, once dogs develop the taste for human food..they really seem to crave it. At least, that is how mine was.
@snowy22315 two of mine were like that. My onyx tries to eat my food i sit at the table as he hopped up and tried to take a bite, I stand at the kitchen sink now!
When I cook it's usually without spices so if I share my food with them it's usually healthy for them. They like my egg soup and naturally they love meats and fish.
My dog would yry to beg all the people food he couldvand then reluctsntlybeT dog food. We didntvalliw him much ib the way of people food though.
Meat is what dogs and cats are supposed to eat so that's what I give mine @snowy22315 it's also my food.
@rebelann Yeah, as long as it is not processed it is probably fine.
Annabelle seems to want every, so I have to be careful not to drop anything. Her favorites that I willingly give her are cantaloupe and popcorn.
I guess Annabelle is a bow wow! Although, my cat will eat a bit of popcorn if it is cheesy..
@snowy22315 She is a Chihuahua who thinks she is a Doberman.
@AmbiePam jax the little dog who visits is a chihuha.. He is too cute!
When we first got our cat he was 8 weeks old and he loved milk, then as he got older he would get into rhe milk still but also my vanilla pudding and the pepperonis from our local pizza place out back of the house. And then the fish from McDonald's fish filets sandwich. But none of that was by just giving it. Now he doesn't eat any human food. As we wont let him and we take him off the table and counters when he jumps up.
Mine usually lijes to investigate what you are eating but doesnt want any.
@snowy22315 ours use to. Now he jumps up on the counter or table and just lays there in the way.
Ms.Ruby get some not much.Have to be careful what type of people food that you give.
Yes you do.
@snowy22315 just a bit and not too much.lol
@Traceyjayne (1114)
I must admit that when we had our lovely Westie he always had a Sunday dinner ...meat potatoes and veggies with some gravy. He lived to a ripe old age and was only ill at the very very end so it never did him much harm ....and oh my did he enjoy it !
I bet!
Our dogs love frozen green beans
Probably good for them
@Daelii (5179)
My fur baby is turning 14 Feb 2 and. She loves tuna and gets it regularly. I think it helps her coat :) She enjoys can food but the pop and smell of tuna is near the only thing to get her to run! She also enjoys a potato chip or two and gas trained my baby (17 months) to feed her them occasionally.
Mine likes the sound of the tuna can being opened and likes a little juice mixed in his food.
@cahaya1983 (10055)
The cat we had before liked all kinds of fish but sometimes he would eat rice too.