eBay order. And now we wait.

Ponce De Leon, Florida
The other half has been reading a series of books by the author Lawrence Block, and I have been buying them off eBay and Book Depository as he gets done with the previous one. So this morning I went ahead and ordered the next one in the series which is Hit and Run. I compared prices between eBay, BD and Amazon, and eBay won out- which is almost always does with the easier to find books. Then I saw that 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on DVD was on sale for $4.40 and we have been looking for that for a year and a half, so I ordered that. And shortly after that I found another DVD that we have been wanting which is Grumpy Old Men, it was $3.50 so we ordered that as well. I can't wait for the movies to get here, I am so excited to watch them again, as it has been forever since I've watched either one. What have you ordered recently?
I ordered a case of protein water which came a couple of days ago. It is a different brand from the one I usually use so it will be interesting to try. It is half the price from the other brand so I hope it tastes good.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I haven't drank protein water in forever. I almost got some protein shakes last night at Walmart but got vodka instead. Clearly you can see where my head was.
@thislittlepennyearns I think you made an excellent choice!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@NJChicaa I thought you would appreciate it. Even got Titos. So you know I made the right choice.
Lawrence Block is a "tough" writer. Check out the movies based on his books 8 Million Ways to Die and A Walk Among the Tombstones. The 20,000...version with Kirk Douglas?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I don't read them. He loves the books. I do not, I read a collection of short stories and that about did it for me with him. And Ive seen A wAlk among the tombstones. And of course, the only other valid version is the muppet one.
@thislittlepennyearns Block is a man's "writer" as he is a crime writer. I suspected ypu might have seen A Walk Among the Tombstones with Liam Neeson as it is quite recent. 8 Millions Ways to Die is from the 80s.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JohnRoberts Yeah I saw the Liam Neeson one. I don't do a lot of crime books or mysteries.But yes I agree
Sounds like a good order! I have a new 10 foot long Kindle charger coming on Friday. I do have a subscription to cat food coming to my house once a month. I like Lawrence Block which series is the other half reading? i have read quite a few Matthew Scudder of his series and really enjoyed them a lot! what type of books do you usually read?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
He;s readubg the Keller series.
@thislittlepennyearns son;t think I have ever read any in the Keller aeries I mostly read the Matthew Scudder mysteries which I used to love when I used to read books by him I think i will start to read him again as i really liked those books!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marty1 He read one or two of the scudder ones as well. he really likes them but I'm just not a fan. the one I ordered should be here today
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
We have an amazing public Library in our small town, if I want a movie I get it there and the books too. I got rid of all the books we had horded for years and gave them to the Charity shops, I'm downsizing my dusting...
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I buy books almost every weekend from the thrift store. And our library doesn't have a great selection- its itty bitty
@thislittlepennyearns what I really like about my Library is if they don't have it, they get it for me..
@thelme55 (14571)
No, I haven't order yet but I have to as I have a Christmas voucher from amazon, a gift from my hubby.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
that was a good gift him.
@thelme55 (14571)
@thislittlepennyearns yes, it was indeed.
Last night I ordered a book on Kindle which was I am Watching You. It's by a Brit author..worth the 1.99 price. Anyway, I found out I get a free Amazon Prime trial again on the 14th of this month so I am waiting to order a couple of things then.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I have amazon prime,but I pay monthly. because its more affordable for me to pay the eleven something a month.
I ordered online for the first time for Christmas so that my holidays would be brighter. I go myself a deluxe Spirograph which I am going to start getting creative on and some gel pens and a pair of stretch pants. I cannot spend much money so now I am not ordering anything else again.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I need to order some more things, but it can wait till after myLot pays us.
Believe it or not, I haven't ordered anything since Christmas, I know hard to believe and I am sure that once I get to Florida I will start ordering again
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I order a lot, usually we have something on the way from Wish, ebay or amazon.