Jan #2 Bodies of Water

I thought this was interesting about the Potomac River, which is not very far from where I live. While John Quincy Adams (1767-1848) was president, he enjoyed skinny-dipping in the Potomac River. The interesting story was that on one occasion, someone stole his clothes and he had to ask a boy who was passing by, to go to the White House and get him some more clothes.
That is interesting and a bit amusing. Country people here in Latvia very often bathe in rivers and lakes even when the weather is not at all too warm.
Is it because they don't have bathtubs or they just prefer it?
@IreneVincent no there are bathtubs but people who live in the country just prefer to do things in nature. Of course, many people who can afford it have made their home modern even in the country and they don't foilow tradition.
Can you imagine if that happened in contemporary times?
Oh, there would be papparazzi all over that! And the tabloids would be flying off the news stands. Impeachment might even be considered.
@UncleJoe (10829)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I was that boy.
Sure you were. Hmmmmm. You might be old, like me, but not that old.