Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 16 Ezekiel 15 Ezekiel 15:1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, What is the vine tree more than any tree, or than a branch which is among the trees of the forest? 3 Shall wood be taken thereof to do any work? Or will men take a pin of it to hang any vessel thereon? 4 Behold, it is cast into the fire for fuel; the fire devours both the ends of it, and the midst of it is burned. Is it meet for any work? 5 Behold, when it was whole, it was meet for no work: how much less shall it be meet yet for any work, when the fire hath devoured it, and it is burned? 6 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD; As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 7 And I will set my face against them; they shall go out from one fire, and another fire shall devour them; and ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them. 8 And I will make the land desolate, because they have committed a trespass, says the Lord GOD. Everything has a purpose. Do you know what your purpose is? When God created man, he created him with one purpose, to give praise to God his creator, be obedient to him, and do his will. Yet man disobeyed God, would not acknowledge him as God, praise him for the many blessings he gave them. God likened his people to a vine tree that had only one purpose, to be fuel for the fire. God would cause his people in Jerusalem to be fuel for his fury. As Christians, you are to give praise to God for all he did for you. Your purpose is the same as his people. God created you, just as he created his people, and put his purpose in you. When you praise him, you will not be fuel for his fury, but will receive his blessings instead. God wanted to bless his people, Israel, but they gave him no choice but to punish them for their disobedience. If you have sinned against God, take a moment to confess your sin, so God can forgive you and pour out his blessings on you. Let’s pray: Father, I know I am a sinner. I know I don’t always do what you have purposed for me. I acknowledge my sin, and ask your forgiveness. Change my heart, and let me feel your hand of blessing on me once again. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 5 January 2018 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@carebear29 (27463)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
thanks and amen
You're welcome. Have a blessed day.
@aureliah (8114)
I feel very much blessed by the word. Thank you
You're welcome. Have a blessed day.
@ilocosboy (34391)
Thanks for sharing another inspiring post
You're welcome. Have a blessed day.
Thanks for the nice bible study again. I do like reading them.
You're welcome. Have a blessed day.