I can't win for losing

@sugartoes (43297)
Greencastle, Indiana
Can I just get out of this everyday mishaps I've been dealing with? as you know what I have been dealing with since the new year start I thought it was behind me but NOPE I got a 8 am phone call FROM? Windows/dell to tell me that my computer has been hacked W T ? being I was asleep my head wasn't quite getting the info I was hearing & I'm like my computer was working fine at 3 am this morn. So with the person on the other end was explaining to me what was going on & what I had to do to get if fixed I'm like OH LORD please so after 2 hrs of going through it all & a 100$ later I'm safe for 3 yrs. Now before you get to thinking off the wall how stupid I could be to trust someone on the phone I checked it out with my debit card & they said the company was legit but they told me to call the ph # I did & the VERY person that I talked to on the phone answered so I told him I was checking to see if this was all legit cause my $ was on hold till things was checked to see if it was on the level. This is the service that worked on my computer & I have all the info like the guys email ph # the guys name everything & if I have any problems my debit card people told me to call them. (Enterprising Software) & here's a link to what it is they do
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Enterprise software, also known as enterprise application software (EAS), is computer software used to satisfy the needs of an organization rather than individual users. Such organizations i
I was not aware that anyone at Windows would call to tell you that you had been hacked, I would have said " scam" and hung up.
I would have said the same.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@andriaperry yeah I should have BUT how do you know when you've never had it done to you so I'm not real smart when it comes to such stuff & I called my debit card people & had them put a hold on it.
@sugartoes Did you ask yourself how could they know you had a computer problem? They get a number and try.
I do not care if a company is legit, I would never do something by phone with people who pretend my Windows was "hacked".
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck well when you've never had one hacked you just don't know am I right?
@sugartoes Very few people had their computers "hacked", at most you get a virus.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck that's why I got avast, but for what my neighbor said he was getting hacked on EVERYTHING tv ph comp you name it.
I know it looks legit, but they called you, you didn't call them to begin with. Cancel and keep your money. Besides that, they called you before 9 AM which is the time when legitimate telemarketers begin their calls. I wouldn't trust them no matter what they said. You were half asleep when they called. Get out of that and keep your money. At least it's on hold and you can call the bank and tell them not to process it.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him I was thinking about that & I RECALLED my credit card & put a hold on it so I'm GOOD to go.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him I thought you'd like to hear that.
@KrauseHome (35514)
Still I would be cautious with all the Scams these days. Would have probably been cheaper if there was really something wrong to take it to a Best Buy or something and have it looked at.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@KrauseHome yeah it didn't sound right & I did some checking into it to see what the deal was.
@VivaLaDani13 (22531)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I get these calls almost every single day and sometimes multiple times a day. It's all a bunch of bull! They even rang my Nan and Pop once and they don't even have a computer!
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 yeah well they gonna learn not EVERYONE has a computer & not interested in their crap.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I pretty much tell them this when they ring. Only sometimes I say some bad words. I do not respect scammers. Not one little bit.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 well as long as they keep calling the longer I don't answer my phone.
That is horrible. I would hate to be woken up with something like that too. They were right to tell you to call and make sure the person is ligit. I would call back again and see if anyone else answers if it does not cost you too much to make sure all is ok. I hope it all gets straightened out.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Hannihar I did & the same person I spent 2 hrs on the phone with answered. but then last night as I went to bed I got this off the wall thought in my head? that being he called on the week end that just meant something bad MIGHT be & that was so they could have access to my computer & I couldn't get ahold of anyone so I took the one thing he put on my computer OFF where he could get into it when I wasn't here it was some kind of computer sharing thing he put on here.
@sugartoes littletiger, good thing you thought of that and took that one thing off.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Hannihar yeah I'm HOPING it wasn't too late.
@cintol (8330)
You be careful with this, you just gave them access to your computer and paid them. You are now on their list and they have your bank info. My husband is a computer tech and he says these guys are crooks. I have been getting calls from them for years and my solution to them is an air horn in their ears. If I were you I would change your banking acct number and don't ever let them back into your computer. They did this to my sister and she did this as well but they got her for $300 and added things into her computer so they had access to it without her knowing. She had to buy a new computer.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@cintol well THAT really sucks sorry to hear that I have put a hold on my debit card & I called my internet comp & had it blocked where they can't get nothing off of it so this way I have my computer safe from hackers.
@cintol (8330)
@sugartoes Good to hear.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@cintol yeah it is.
@YrNemo (14768)
Plenty of people have got scammed like you almost did there. I am worried for you because even if you had called your bank to stop the transaction, that guy now has details of your credit card account.
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@YrNemo no he don't cause you know why? I have changed it out to a NEW one ha ha ha
@YrNemo (14768)
@sugartoes You are smart!
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@YrNemo that's the only thing I could think of to do.
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
The obvious flaw to me is how would they be aware if your computer was hacked?
@sugartoes (43297)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Asylum I keep asking the SAME question myself & have asked a few other people but still I have no answer to tell you or anyone else for that matter.