Recent news about national nuclear war preparedness.

Dallas, Texas
I was just watching t.v. tonight when on ABC World News Tonight, one of the subjects, besides many others of interest, was that we as a nation, that is, the USA, needs to become more prepared for a nuclear war even though, they contradict themselves saying it will not likely occur. http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/cia-director-gen-david-petraeus-north-korea-threat-50642374 Not a good thing to even suggest. The actual threat is real but the probability curve is changing just a bit. Below is a link to the latest news from ABC NEWS online
Browse, search and watch Kim Jong-un videos and more at abcnews.com
@ilocosboy (38956)
The threat is real but lets hope and pray it will not happen at all.
• Dallas, Texas
I hope those in power will work hard to prevent such a terrible event. WE don't need a nuclear war, even one that is a limited exchange. But, all it seems to take is one leader daring the other to make a first move.
• Dallas, Texas
@lookatdesktop , Even without such a possible threat like this, we have other issues to become concerned about as the link below indicates from a YouTube video.
Learn how to think with Brilliant for free by signing up at https://brilliant.org/reallifelore/ Get the RealLifeLore book here: http://amzn.to/2ieJLyN Please...
@Ithink (10495)
@lookatdesktop Interesting, need to look into this more. Thanks for the videos.
@Ithink (10495)
It is a possibility hopefully they can keep it together.
@db20747 (10390)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
We need skilled diplomats.
• Dallas, Texas
@Shiva49 Yes indeed ...but where to find then?
@Shiva49 (14233)
@lookatdesktop Agreed, it is tough. Politics is a cesspool for non politicians! siva
• Dallas, Texas
@Shiva49 , Indeed it is like a swamp don't you agree? Full of crockadiles and aligators, so to speak.
@sjvg1976 (18403)
If it happens North Korea will be responsible to start it.
@LeaPea2417 (22412)
• Toccoa, Georgia
This country needs to be prepared.
@garymarsh6 (14501)
I sincerely hope that it never happens again!
@peachpurple (12772)
I am praying for peace n Forgiveness
It is a subject no one really likes to think about..but probably needs to be faced.
• Dallas, Texas
I am guilty of having been thinking pretty long about it these past few days. I need to really expect the unexpected more cause it looks like things are really about to come to a head.
@Shiva49 (14233)
At the height of the cold war majority in Europe were certain they will perish in a nuclear war. Thankfully that fear is behind us though not completely erased. Though it looks simplistic we have to rise above issues that do not concern the common folks and I will say 99%. Martin Luther King reminded eloquently: “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” To expect someone else to save us like a knight in shining armor is foolish when we are are bent upon self destructing. Destruction on a mass scale taking us back to the Stone Age is always a reality unless we live and let others live - siva
• Dallas, Texas
I agree.
That would be harmful to the nation. I can still remember what had happened in Japan before.