"i'm missing you. tell me why the road turns."

it's really nice when you hear an old pleasant tune while you're out. while buying food, the radio there was playing diana ross's "missing you." and since it was loud enough, i couldn't resist singing along. "i'm missing you... tell me why the road turns..." which reminds me... 1. before going to the eatery, as i was wiping my face, the facetowel/wash cloth snagged and took out my left earring. i searched the floor, but only found the "lock". maybe when i sweep the floor thorougly later, i will find the missing earring. 2. and before that, i was responding to judy story's post about monsters, saying that i just realized that 2 of my t-shirts are missing. 3. i've always loved this song by diana ross. i learned from wikipedia that it was released in 1984. however, it said that "missing you" was a tribute to marvin gaye. somehow, i've always associated this song with michael jackson's death in 2009. i've also always sang it as "tell me why the road turned" (a parting of ways or losing touch with someone). after listening to several videos on youtube and going to several song lyrics websites, i can now clearly hear that it's "tell me why the road turns."
Missing You from Diana to Marvin In memoriam Marvin Gaye and the Temptations
@cttolledo (4685)
A good look back, music really has an amazing effect to one' s emotions.
it's nice to hear them again. and now, we can learn more about the song (through wikipedia) and listen to different versions (through youtube) which makes it even more meaningful and enjoyable
@cttolledo (4685)
@hereandthere Yes, a lot of versions featured in youtube. You can try musixmatch, its a lyrics aps, a lyrics will auto pop up in your screen when you play music from spotify or youtube.
@cttolledo like karaoke
It's a nice song, if you cannot find your earring, place a woman sock on the vacuum and vacuum the floor.
i found it when i swept the floor later, but now it's missing again. it's only a simple silver earring. i guess it's time for a change.
@hereandthere This surely means it's time for a change.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
So have you found your ear ring?
not yet
@sjvg1976 (18386)
@hereandthere oh..that must be irritating.
@sjvg1976 not really. i think maybe it's better to look for it tomorrow morning when it's brighter.
That really is a lovely song. I have always liked that one. Thank you for the link.
these are the times i'm glad i'm older and have heard nice songs the first time around. another would be angela bofill.
@YrNemo (12662)
Let us know please if you find that missing earring. I lost one once, which has a diamond stone of a good size. My heart shattered since .
i have only one set that has a birthstone in it (earring, ring and necklace) given by my mother but it only gets worn on special occasions like weddings. this one was just a simple silver earring. found it but it's gone missing. maybe a sign to it's time for a new design. it's only a simple everyday silver earring from the infant/baby section. i'd really rather find those 2 missing t-shirts.
@YrNemo (12662)
@hereandthere good luck with the search, ask for the help of St Anthony of Padua.
@YrNemo good idea. i learned about st. anthony from an officemate years ago.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
I like that song too which reminds me of the times when I`m still living with my mother in the Philippines
one time, i heard old songs being played at one house as i was walking by that reminded me of my father.
@hereandthere Oh like what song is that?
@m_audrey6788 old songs like frank sinatra, matt monro, andy williams, perry como, etc.
@Shiva49 (13040)
Though I cannot sing, some from my childhood rekindle the moments every time I hear them - siva
oh, i have a terrible voice, too, so i only dare to sing when the music is loud and/or everyone else is singing, too.
@Shiva49 (13040)
@hereandthere That reminds me of a fight when someone made fun of another at a karaoke lounge. It was soon free for all with chairs flung at one another. That is not what music is about! siva
@Shiva49 sadly, that happens here, too.
I remember this song and also remember it was a tribute to Marvin Gaye. I lost an earring in the store last year . . . I didn't realize it til later, so there was no chance of recovery .
i found it later, then lost it again, then found it again.
@hereandthere Naughty earrings!
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
That song is unknown to me.
that's okay. it was released way back 1984. maybe it wasn't played where you grew up/lived in, or you listened to different genres. i'm sure there are songs you know and like that's unfamiliar to me, too.
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
@hereandthere I was 2 years old back then but I only listened to few American songs in my lifetime
@kepweng (15005)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice song
it is. and i'm glad there's youtube now to search for old songs.
@sol_cee (15535)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Is it possible that the shirts were stolen?
i'm still hoping it's here somewhere
Great song she put a lot of herself in that song.
i agree. maybe because according to wikipedia, they were "lifelong friends and label mates" at Motown since 1961.
@renicemae (3368)
Oh. I know that song. I used to sang that when I was in my elementary years.
@bunnybon7 (36541)
• Holiday, Florida
yes it is sad i think.
Yeah, I know this song. It's been a while since I listened about this song.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
It's nice song, i oove it.
I hope you find your earring. Anna's idea is a good one.