Make America Think Again

Photo of t-shirt from Amazon
Laguna Woods, California
In preparing for the 2018 Women's March, I decided to order myself a t-shirt with a slogan which represented my views. The shirt I ordered is pictured above. Although I am an independent and do not belong to a political party, the shirt is blue, to represent my progressive views. I chose the slogan, "Make America Think Again," because I believe that blind allegiance to a political party has caused many people to vote and make decisions which are terrible for our country and our world. It does not make America great to disregard climate change, reverse air pollution rules, allow streams to be contaminated with the waste from coal mines, or allow expanded off-shore oil drilling. I hope that all Americans, regardless of their political affiliation, will think about the various votes which are being taken in Congress and loudly let their members of Congress know how they feel about the decisions which are being made by their representatives. It's 2018. It's another mid-term election year in the United States. I'm ready.
• Eugene, Oregon
So am I! We both have the short sleeve version of that shirt. I wear it often. These awful drilling and mining decisions are putting the US in jeopardy in so many ways. Our "stable genius" leader is running amok with awful decisions!
• Laguna Woods, California
Hurrah! I am thrilled to know that you and Anne wear this same shirt. I agree that the awful drilling and mining decisions put the US, and our health, in jeopardy. Glad to know that the two of you are spreading the word, too!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm glad that discussions of the "mental health" of our leaders are being put on the table.
• Laguna Woods, California
@TheHorse - I agree. Mental health should be part of the physical for presidents, especially those over the age of 70. According to Dr. Claudia Kawas of the University of California at Irvine, who is studying "The Oldest of the Old," the frequency of observable dementia at age 70 is about 2%. At age 75, it is about 5%; by age 80 it is 10%. Any president in his 70s should be subject to a mental exam.
Tonald Drump needs to be impeached! Fast!
• Laguna Woods, California
I am unhappy with the leadership of Donald Trump, but I am happy to let the process work itself out. I know a lot of people would like to see him impeached.
@DeborahDiane he's very intelligent and stable - said him in one of his tweets!
• Laguna Woods, California
@allen0187 Oh, yes! A stable genius!
@DeborahDiane The shirt really suits you,especially the slogan voices your concern about climate change,air pollution,etc.
• Laguna Woods, California
Thank you! That was my goal ... not to run down Trump or the Republicans, but to encourage people to think about these important issues. We all would benefit from clean air and a better earth, regardless of our political party.
@DeborahDiane Yes,apart from that,we should take later generations into consideration.
• Laguna Woods, California
@changjiangzhibin89 - Yes, we need to care for the older generations. We also need to care for the earth, which benefits all generations, including future ones.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
that's good... the same needs to happen in Englad too...
• Laguna Woods, California
I think people around the world need to learn to think things through a little better, especially before they vote.
@sueznewz2 (10067)
• Alicante, Spain
@DeborahDiane You're right..
• Pleasant Hill, California
@DeborahDiane Good luck.
I'm proud of you and, we, too, play an active role in our town. We can't in Florida. If the t-shirts fits, wear it. Unfortunately, someone I know, who needs it most, won't be able to get it over his big, orange, and genius head.
• Laguna Woods, California
Ha ha! I agree. I don't think they make one big enough to get over his oversized "stable genius" head!
• Pleasant Hill, California
We live in unprecedented times.
• Laguna Woods, California
@TheHorse - I was a legal secretary during the Watergate hearings. The attorneys kept the TV tuned to the hearings in our office. We were stunned by the depth of the coverup. However, even then, no one was talking about Nixon being mentally ill or having dementia. No one thought Nixon or the DNC was colluding with a foreign country. I agree that we live in unprecedented times. I am horrified daily.
@sallypup (27480)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm delighted to know you and will mentally march with you.
• Laguna Woods, California
@sallypup - Thanks for mentally marching with me! I liked this shirt because I can wear it to a lot of events and in a variety of situations ... the Women's March, yoga class and just around town.
Very good. I'd march with you if I lived in your country!
• Laguna Woods, California
@MALUSE - I wish you were here to march with us. My husband is going to the March, too!
Very true quote!
@moffittjc (43971)
• Gainesville, Florida
I agree with you wholeheartedly. My shirt would be a shade of red, but that does not mean I agree with everything that goes along with that political party. In fact, I am quite disgusted by current actions. My philosophy has always been to vote based on what's best for my community, my state and my country, regardless of political party. Sometimes I vote left, sometimes I vote right, and sometimes I vote in the center. But the important thing is that I get involved, do research, educate myself on all sides of an issue, and then make an informed vote. I don't just vote straight along party lines.