On What You Prefer Writing Your Discussions First, Before Publishing On MyLot?

@kavinitu (4390)
What do you prefer writing your discussions on before publishing them? I mean do you use notepad or straight away on the sites “What’s on your mind?”. In both cases there are chances that you might lose all the discussion if there is power failure or if by mistake you close the notepad window. I prefer using the MS Word document as it auto saves on the background and even if there is a power cut the document is recovered with all the data as it is. And more advantage it also highlights the spelling mistakes for easy rectification. Image Credit:- My Own
My browser has a spellchecker that highlights my mistake as I type them here on the site. Most of my discussions are 'off the cuff' and I write them here, but once every few months I'll 'plan out' a discussion on notepad.
I also use the notepad, easy done and not that mess of auto save that always save at the wrong time when you deleted part of the text by mistake.
@kavinitu (4390)
I use chrome it also does highlight the mistakes but I started using the the word document because at times there were incidents that the power supply made me lose all what I had wrote. Its not the case with me have to think many times before writing on any topic as for you its really nice just straight away.
@Icydoll (13153)
Yeah I too use spell checker whenever I log in pc
I just write what comes to my mind.Oh!wait I do not have any
@kavinitu (4390)
That's was really funny of you to say that
@kavinitu well what do I know.No mind,no fear
@rina110383 (24145)
I don't post discussions here. I just respond to others' discussions. I use grammarly.
@kavinitu (4390)
Oh I was not aware of it I just saw that you don't have any discussions made over here
• Pleasant Hill, California
I write directly to MyLot, and regret it maybe once every three months, when something disappears.
@kavinitu (4390)
Why don't you prefer the text document instead it's just copy and paste later.
I like to use my Notepad on my desktop.
@kavinitu (4390)
Good but note pad won't restore your data incase of power cut or accidentally the note pad is closed.
I write my discussions using my email and then I just sent them to myself and use them when needed.
That's an interesting method. So you always have the pleasure of receiving emails even though you sent them yourself, heehee.
@kavinitu (4390)
In that way you will have them backed up in your email
I type in Notepad, I hate the autosave feature, I save myself when I need it, that means after every line I type.
@kavinitu (4390)
Why do hate the auto save dear it is very convenient
@kavinitu No it's not, because if you delete a piece of text by mistake and it saves at that precise moment, you lose your text.
@kavinitu (4390)
@LadyDuck Just undo it by using ctrl z and text will reappear again.
For this platform, mylot, I usually just write immediately in the "Whats On Your mind?" box and watch my P's and Q's . . .
@kavinitu (4390)
Don't you fear that it might be lost due to power failure or by accidentally closing the window at times?
@kavinitu nope cause if it happens, I just remember what it is I have written !
@kavinitu (4390)
@enlightenedpsych2 I should appreciate your memory for that, because its hard at times to recall
@averygirl72 (16670)
I just type straight to mylot's box for discussion. My discussions are usually short
@kavinitu (4390)
Then its alright if the content for your post is short
• Riga, Latvia
I write up everything that I want to post in Word and save the documents. Then I get on myLot and when I am done with notifications and discussions then I just copy and paste.
@kavinitu (4390)
You do it exactly what I prefer to and that way it's really safe and convenient
@sjvg1976 (18158)
I directly write my posts on the site. When I complete it I copy it and submit it. If I lose it then I can paste it again .
@kavinitu (4390)
Do you use a desktop because if power goes off then the data might be lost even if you have copied it.