My latest YouTube song. Please give it a "like" and put loving comments all over it!

Pleasant Hill, California
For some reason, I'm a bit shy about posting my own music to Facebook and MyLot, probably because I think friends will feel "obligated" to say something nice. The fact is, when I play in bands, there's always something that frustrates me. Either the lead singer isn't really that good, or the lead guitarist should stick to rhythm guitar, or something. I can be a jerk when it comes to music. Anyway, I play all of the instruments on most (but not all) of the videos we've posted. My friend Michael has a pretty good garage studio, and that's where we make the recordings. Vanny and DJ, of MyLot fame, are actually responsible for helping me organize the pictures (Vanny and I often argue) and posting the songs to YouTube. I'd have no clue how to do it myself. DJ is the "tech queen." Here's my latest. It's a rare "happy" song that I wrote while at a music retreat . It was raining the whole weekend, but we had a great time jamming anyway. Don't worry--none of us make any money off of this or other videos. So if you're feeling kind, slap a "like" on this (if you can) and leave a loving comment. My lower back hurts this morning and I need some strokes.
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose Colin Sacks Loading... Unsubscribe from C
• Preston, England
I like it, nice relaxed laid back country music - cool - good luck with this
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks. I actually wrote it (partially) so I could remember that second chord, which someone had just taught me.
• Preston, England
@TheHorse it works really well
• Pleasant Hill, California
@arthurchappell Thanks. I tend to favor sad songs. So it was fun to write a happy/silly song.
@BarBaraPrz (20534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Very good! But what's with all the chickens?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh heh. Strange things make me happy. Chickens, cows, and (less strange) happy children. I often take the kids I work with out into nature, and we often see cows and chickens. More seriously, I think animals have curative powers for troubled kids.
@BarBaraPrz (20534)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@TheHorse You may be right. They obviously enjoy their "horsey".
• Pleasant Hill, California
@BarBaraPrz Heh. I'm a pretty gentle horse. When my "girlfriend" was alive, I'd take them out to see her all the time. The kids enjoyed everything from cleaning her feet to brushing her to actually riding!
@crossbones27 (20779)
• Redlands, California
I hope you do make money off this. I am not against that, just hate greedy people. We all have to make a living and you sir offer a lot. You deserve to be compensated as well as Vanny and DJ for helping. Will check your song out now. I usually listen to while I write but post made me want to comment. Well done sir whether I like the song or not. I make bad jokes. You like country and I like punk, and the good country always gets mentioned in punk. So keep your head up because you doing it right.
• Redlands, California
@TheHorse Awesome brother, what its all about, keep making people smile. Need more of it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@crossbones27 I agree. Here in the Bay Area, when I pause and people watch, I see too much "fear and loathing."
• Redlands, California
@TheHorse Yeah man do not know what people are thinking these days. Cold day in hell before I think like that.
that is great there.I did not know you have to have an account for this?
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think people have to have an account to like a song or leave a comment. And certainly to post one. My personal YouTube account is actually different from the one that Vanny and DJ use to post the tunes.
@TheHorse I see.Well it was very good there.You are going to become famous
• Pleasant Hill, California
@amadeo I think not. I am too old to become famous. But I hope that I can help celebrate some of the best songs that have been written in the county/folk genre over the years.
Great song. I really enjoyed it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks! I don't think we're working on anything new right now. You know how I like "projects." The "middle aged rock band" I'm in is being bold and working on "Crossroads," by Robert Johnson/Cream.
I am sorry your back is hurting, so I went there, slapped a like and left a comment.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. Thanks! It always hurts a bit. It's better today than it was yesterday.
@TheHorse I do not feel fully well today, may be the stress, the many trips to Italy, well I will feel better soon.
@vandana7 (66842)
Pony is being chivalrous. I hit his lower back with a thick baseball bat. The bat broke.
@Shiva49 (13787)
Like and comment added - well deserved for the uplifting music and lyrics. This makes me recall David Reinstein from CA also into music and used to write at Associated Content. Cannot forget some , in fact most! siva
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks! I don't David Reinstein's work. Can I find it on YouTube?
@Shiva49 (13787)
@TheHorse Giving a link: - siva
A new song written in, by and about my mind.
@vandana7 (66842)
@Shiva49 We first uploaded "A Moth Song" in November 2016. That time we did not use slides. I am not happy with some slides job that I did in Susy, and even Pancho & Lefty but I feel we have improved. It has been a learning experience for both DJ and I, though Pony is a task master. lol. He has very clear concept of what he wants which is not what I want, obviously. lol. He at first lets me get my way, and then keeps on nudging till he gets his way. SMH. There is no way you can slip in a slide that he does not want in some place. He will keep asking you to change till you give up. lol.
@nanette64 (17851)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do like it @TheHorse . The lyrics, music and the pictures.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thank you! I hope it keeps getting views. I'm glad I still have pictures of some of the kids I've worked with over the years.
@nanette64 (17851)
• Fairfield, Texas
@TheHorse That definitely adds to the magic.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@nanette64 I love the one of my smiling buddy atop my horse. I worked with him for three years.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
It's a great song. I wish you would share more of your music on here.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'll give it my best shot. This should be my favorite. I didn't write it, tough.
Like and Subscribe for more songs and videos :)
@vandana7 (66842)
It is definitely up there, I think pony gives his best in sad songs...sad admission but true. He has sung the Last train from poor valley with so much of feeling. I would say singing wise that is Pony's best work. I personally like light songs to Take me back Tulsa would qualify.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 Balance is important, I think. I'm surprised I don't write more funny songs.
Nice and laid back.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's how people describe most of my songs. I think I'm going to work on Franklin's Towers next.
@TheHorse ......Sounds interesting.
@TheHorse ......Nice. I like them but not a favorite. My daughter got to go see them in concert once.
@gaianoor (1144)
• Tirana, Albania
Nice song. Good job
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thank you! Was it helpful that we posted the lyrics?
@gaianoor (1144)
• Tirana, Albania
@TheHorse yes to get the lyrics right. But was sang very clear. Good luck.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@gaianoor Thank you.
@saritflor (4085)
• Israel
I love your style, you should upload your songs on a regular base
• Pleasant Hill, California
We're trying to do one every other month or so.
@saritflor (4085)
• Israel
@TheHorse That's awesome!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@saritflor I don't think we have anything in the works right now, though.
@FourWalls (14675)
I left my gushy comment. Seriously, that is a happy, upbeat tune with a touch of jazz. Thanks for sharing it!!!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thank you.
@vandana7 (66842)
Yeah..noticed. Thanks ..am feeling like that dog ..
See more from Britain's Got Talent at http://itv.com/talent The Judges are left open-mouthed when Marc Métral introduces his talking dog Miss Wendy. "Congrat...
@yani73 (805)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
Waw its amazing
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thank you!
@kavinitu (5054)
I really enjoyed it. Great song I was not aware that you have an YouTube channel
• Pleasant Hill, California
I kinda sorta do. Vanny and DJ, from myLot, put it together. I send them them stuff, and they put it out there.
@januar1986 (1233)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
It's a good song. A thumb up.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thank you!
@cintol (7620)
Thats a cute catchy little tune and the kids are cute as well. Nice job
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks, Cindy. We have to get busy. I think we've only done one song since this one.
@cintol (7620)
@TheHorse Well I don't know whats taking you so long, its not like you have anything else to do in your life lol. I am sure you will get some more done when you get some time and I would love to hear them when you do.
@vandana7 (66842)
I would love to to use a nice baseball bat on your lower back ..those strokes...LOL. I told you not to let others know. Sigh...you are mission impossible.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Wait! What did I do this time? Oh, did I "thank" you? Oops.
You do make sweet music. Will give a listen now.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thank you . I hope you enjoy it .