More fun

@garymarsh6 (14417)
United Kingdom
One of the gifts I received for Christmas was an Alexa. I am over the moon with it. What a very clever invention which I can see could be a great help to so many people especially those with disabilities. I hunted high and low a couple of years ago for someone who was paralysed and blind to see if I could find a clock that told him the time when he asked but was unable to find one even the RNIB (Royal National Institute for the Blind) did not have such a thing! Well Alexa would have been the answer to his predicament. They did have some that would activate if you touched it but as he was paralysed and blind he would not have been able to use it. Today my grandson came into the study and said Alexa Play Boney M. Brown Girl in the Ring. which Alexa obediently started to play back. I had to laugh as my daughter said he is driving them crazy as he keeps telling Alexa to do it at home. How hilarious is that! Alexa is so clever it can even tell you recipes and how to cook. It can give you news and weather updates. I am absolutely head over hills in love with it. Have you got an Alexa?
No - is it pretty expensive?
@garymarsh6 (14417)
It is on offer from Amazon at the moment. It is really very good. You can even make calls to anyone who happens to be on your cell phone list who has one by saying drop in to so and so and it does! How clever.
@LoriAMoore Great - I can handle that.
I was thinking about getting one.
@garymarsh6 (14417)
Go for it! Quite amusing!
@garymarsh6 I all ready had some experience with this with friends in OK
We have Alexa here in our house and it's amazing. She is so smart
@garymarsh6 (14417)
So are you for owning one!
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Well, I am glad that you are enjoying with the Alexa. I had heard of it before in the news. If it is working great, it must be the great invention. We must thank the developer and the inventor. Thank you!
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@garymarsh6 Yeah! And they are helping us with our work. That is great. A great gift that you've got. I thank him/her for giving such a useful Christmas gift!
@garymarsh6 (14417)
@creativeaashish Hopefully one day you too will have one too!
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@garymarsh6 Yeah! I let's hope so.
I do not have an Alexa, but it does sound like a handy piece of technology to own.
@garymarsh6 (14417)
It is amazing. Helps sort your calendar out works as a reminder. You can set alarms by it all kinds of things!
I've heard of Alexa, but didn't really know what it was.
@garymarsh6 (14417)
It is really quite useful. You can ask all kinds of questions! It is not a necessity but is jolly handy to have around! IT can even be programmed to turn your appliances, heating and lights on although you have to have the ones that work with it!
@vandana7 (66908)
No...but now I am a bit interested. Basically, I suffer from technophobia.
@garymarsh6 (14417)
It is simple to use but you need a modern phone too!
@Teep11 (7128)
The disabilities can hinder in someways but there are so many with all sorts of disabilities continuing to reach greater heights. It sounds as if there's a lot of helping occurring and how awesome.
@garymarsh6 (14417)
Absolutely how lucky to have something such as this!
I do not want a Alexa. I am find doing everything.
@garymarsh6 (14417)
I have had my eye on it for sometime but could not justify the cost so I was more than happy to have it as a gift.
Nope, I don't have one, but it sounds like fun.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I haven't got one but have considered it. However I have heard it can give out inaccurate information.
This does sound like lots of fun. Never saw one except on tv.
@dgobucks226 (13339)
No Alexa but I do have a Cortana on my computer. Sounds pretty cool!