Eight Days In, And A SMILE!

While in the shower tonight, I started comparing these first eight days of 2018 to how the start of 2017 was.. and wouldn't you know.. a smile appeared. As, so far this year, * I babysat one set of little cousins. * My mom and I babysat my niece and nephew. * We got some snow! * We were invited to my cousins birthday thing. * We got our new vacuum, and it works great! * We saw my cousin, and her kids at the store and walked around together. * We've had most of our favorite home-cooked meals, some twice. * We've only gotten fast food once, and we didn't buy it. * My boyfriend was just here for about five days. * We got a new blender. * MyLot paid, "early". Etc. And although many of those probably wouldn't be big things to most of you, they are to me, and my mom. Especially after how 2017 was for us, and most definitely after how January 2017 was! Which only three people here know about.. So.. yeah, I'm going to take all these "wins" and hold on tight to them in my head and heart.
As I was reading through your list it reminded me of what a sweetheart you are. I love how you find such blessings in such simple things. You at always thankful for the things and people you have in your life. Stop taunting me about not being one of the three to know what went on
Aw, thanks. When you've gone through so much, you have to find the good in whatever you can.
@Courtlynn I agree and it's better to think positively any way you can!
@shaggin yup.. some days are easier than others though
That's a great way to start the year. I hope the rest of the year is blessed and very happy.
Thank you very much.
@Courtlynn You're welcome.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Great start! I hope you will keep it up! Please inform us all about your astonishing other days too! We are glad to hear that!
Thanks. Hope so
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@Courtlynn Yeah let’s hope so! Thank you!
@kanchan10 (2778)
• Kolkata, India
little things in life are so enjoyable and memorable. family remains such a great part in our life.
Yes, when we have family
@Srbageldog (8383)
That's awesome. I'm glad this year is treating you nicely so far.
Thank you!
I am so glad that the new year is off to a great start for you, I am having a good year too.
Very glad you are too! Thank you!
I keep saying you are on a roll!
You have no idea, compared to last year.
Those sound like great things to happen to you! I am so happy for you!
Thank you. I'm glad this year is starting different. And hopefully it stays mostly good throughout the year.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Just remember you are the one who decides how this year is gonna go.
Not really. As life happens, and other people can ruin things for you. Otherwise, last year wouldn't have been how it was.. But yeah.