One of my siblings annoys me

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Woman_talking_on_phone.jpg
Calling anyone to have a chat should be spontaneous and not do it just because at a particular time you get free phone service. She has a connection that allows free calls in the night. That is a landline and mine is a mobile. Such calls are not clear as well. She will call me when it is time for me to call it a day. Reports have it that she does that to everyone and I wonder if they have the same complaint. Do you do that too?
@sjvg1976 (18386)
after all she is a sibling she has the right to do it. Mine has free unlimited calls so have no such issue.
I too have unlimited calls on my cell phone for three months at a time but you think she will change and go for it?
@sjvg1976 (18386)
@allknowing yes she should when we have lots of good plans
My phone is a mobile and it is unlimited all the time.
I too have that facility but she is using her landline. I have suggested that she gets a connection that has unlimited facility but she will not change in a hurry (lol)
@JSAph8888 (972)
Maybe I will answer him/her quickly just to know his/her concern and inform him/her that I am about to sleep so, he/she will stop calling me again. I don't do that. I don't want people to be annoyed by me.
This trend to call just because it is free is what disturbed me
@allknowing Why don't you put you cellphone in a silent mode? So that your sibling will not disturb at night. You sibling might give up if he know that you not answering his call.
@JSAph8888 She does not phone me now but in her mind she does not think she was wrong.
i'm also annoyed by my sister because she is lazy of household chores while i do it all, my parents tolerate and defend her attitude
Some parents are like that. For some reason they give a blind eye to situations that actually call for a reprimand.
@allknowing they wont listen to me because im just their child
Did you tell her that she shouldn't call at that time because you are preparing to sleep already? I would be annoyed too, if it is in an unholy hour like that.
Yes I have told her
@allknowing That's good that she obeyed you.
It is quite troublesome. But I think she wants to test your patience, my friend.
@allknowing I can sense what you feel right now.
@ilocosboy (34325)
I usually don't answer when I know they are like that
And that is not socialising. Don't you think?
@ilocosboy (34325)
yes, its also keeping away from trouble.
@tmosby (315)
@allknowing Ha ha, it's indeed annoying, especially when you are about to call your day off. Maybe you can just tell her to brief whatever she has to tell, unless it's important, else you can just tell her to hang up. What's say?
It is so funny really. She starts the conversation by saying that her call is free and so she can talk.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Yep, here also night call free for mobile but some people are misusing thia facility and disturb others z
One calls each other when the time is right and not because there is no charge
I don't like chatting on the phone at any time. I say what needs to be said, and then I'm ready to hang up. Have you told your sister that you don't like her calling at that time?
Yes I have told her. So I call her at times convenient to me connecting to her mobile. She is happy (lol)
@redurnet (1494)
Does she need to save money? I suppose it is nice for her to call at all even if the time is a bit inconvenient. I have a sibling who hasn't spoken to me in six years.
Drift between siblings is a universal ailment I notice - kind of epidemic (lol) She has money but you know how it is with some they save it to take it to their grave.
@topffer (34162)
• France
I have an old aunt calling me on my mobile several times a week. What is good with a mobile is that you know who calls you and you can decide to not pick up a call.
Yours is the other extreme I notice
@sw8sincere (4531)
I do not do that. Maybe she enjoys doing the act. =)