The Haunted Furniture.

@millie02 (6921)
United Kingdom
My friend Val has been redecorating her home and she has been buying second hand furniture because she never likes buying new furniture. She has brought some antique cupboards and cabinets which she has now put in every room. She says most of them are fine , but she is rather worried about things that she has noticed since buying a display cabinet for her front room. Val and her husband have noticed strange smells like tobacco and ladies perfume in the room at certain times. This room now feels very cold when it once was a very warm room. But the strangest thing happened the other day when Val thought she saw a figure standing in front of the cabinet , even though there were only two of them in the house and her husband was upstairs at the time.
@dodo19 (33989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That's definitely odd. Hopefully, nothing too bad happens.
@millie02 (6921)
I might go and have a look for myself to see if I notice anything strange.
@Fleura (7295)
That's very strange, I've never heard of haunted furniture before. Never had any problems with mine either, and all my furniture is second hand or family heirlooms.
@millie02 (6921)
I have heard of items being haunted before and I think there was once a television show on the subject. However, I do not think that the show was very popular because some of the stories were hard to believe. But then this is the sort of thing that you have to experience for yourself I suppose.
A presence remained with that cabinet. I would not keep it in my bedroom.
@millie02 (6921)
Do you believe in that sort of thing, perhaps you have had some sort of experience of it yourself.
@millie02 I had several weird experiences and premonitory dreams, this is why I believe.
@millie02 (6921)
@LadyDuck Would you like to tell us more? I like to hear people`s experiences of this nature.
@silvermist (20114)
Though I have heard of haunted houses,never heard of haunted furniture.It is possible.Very interesting too.It would be good to know more about the previous owners if that is possible.
@millie02 (6921)
I think she is trying to find out more about the person she brought them from. But he might not have owned them for long.
@silvermist (20114)
@millie02 Actually the information to know is who owned it for a long time.
@millie02 (6921)
@silvermist She knows that the last owner has a long family history. So it could have been one of his family heirlooms.
@stapllotik (1251)
Get that furniture out of your house. And see how things goes
@millie02 (6921)
I will suggest this to my friend. But it took her ages to find what she wanted.
That would be pretty scary to experience all that. I do hope the haunting stops.
@millie02 (6921)
We hope it does too, unless there is another explanation for all the strange things that have been happening.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I wonder if you could find out some history of the things.
@millie02 (6921)
I did ask her where the cabinet came from, and she told me that the person she brought it from was a man who was a bit strange.
@sol_cee (18077)
• Bermuda
OMG! That’s scary!
@millie02 (6921)
We thought so too.
@vandana7 (68520)
That is a scary thought.
@millie02 (6921)
Yes it is scary.
@fei1125 (611)
• Chengde, China
Every old house has its ghost...
@millie02 (6921)
This could be true but the ghost here seems to be connected to the furniture.