Things Just Don't Last Like They Used To

It seems like things used to last longer years ago. I need a new pair of boots, mine are ten years old. So if I get another pair like the ones I have now I hope they last as long. Many things don’t last now. I used to like my Hanes socks. But they keep getting holes in the heels of them. So I’m switching to the Fruit of the Loom brand to see if they last longer. It doesn’t seem like appliances last as long as they used to either. I don’t know why that is, maybe lots of things are just cheaply made now.
Everything these days are built to fall apart so you have to buy another one.
@sol_cee (15331)
• Japan
A ten year old pair of boots! Wow!
@vandana7 (64692)
While mine do not last 10 years, even with regular usage three years is the least you can expect.
@sol_cee (15331)
• Japan
@vandana7 Hey Vanny SMH. How are you?
@vandana7 (64692)
@sol_cee Good...thank you. How are you? Happy New Year. :)
they do that on purpose.if they make something of quality that lasts years ,you won't buy another soon. i'm convinced cars have 5 years before the domino failure kicks in and everything goes bad in them.
@vandana7 (64692)
But with the kind of population and international market, they would always have a market!!!
@vandana7 you'd think..but trust me,they're thinking of all those people being repeat customers over first time buyers.
They make things very cheap now.
@marlina Many things yes.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Both of us are pretty hard on our socks. I think it just has to do with how we walk. But I buy Gildan most of the time, and they last the longest. They make both male and female ones.
@thislittlepennyearns The Gildan was what I almost bought, but opted for the Fruit of the Loom.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Susan2015 we love the gildans. if fruit ofloom doesn't work out, try them.
@JaneApril (341)
I remember the earphones I just bought, that lasted only for a day.. then a friend joked "maybe it's disposable"
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
I also think it's because if they make them too good.. people would not need to replace them very often ...so the companies would not make as much money...
@Susan2015 Wow, that was a great pair of boots. I wish businesses would stop worrying about greed and think about our earth once in awhile.
@averygirl72 (16656)
That's sad observation. Some products are not that of good quality now than before. I also see that in appliances we have in the house
I really do believe that the quality of things is not a top priority today. Producing massive amounts of things quickly seems to interfere with how long things last.
@vandana7 (64692)
I often felt the same thing. But my father says it can get boring to have same things for the next ten years. Feel happy they give way so you can have something new for festival. That feels good too.