Why do people take pictures of their food?

@Juilee (462)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I saw one guy in the restaurant today, he took a picture of his food first before he eats. Most people like posting pictures of their food in their social media. Why do that though? I just don't understand it and I'm suppose to be the "generation" that likes doing that but yet I never do it.
my husband asks me to take pictures of the food from my work's office parties..he used to be a cook and he wants to make commentary about what he thinks of it.
@Juilee (462)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
He can tell how the food will taste just by looking at it or did he just want to comment on how it looks?
@Juilee sometimes both if it's a clear picture and the type of dish.
@rina110383 (24094)
Reminds me of my sister who does that before we eat. Just annoying because we have to wait for her to finish taking perfect shots. By the time we eat, we're already starving.
@Juilee (462)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The food will get cold too. I mean if it's a restaurant that you often go to. I don't the reason to take pictures of the food at all.
I think it's a trend. And it can keep the memory.
@Juilee (462)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
But why follow it? It's a trend that will go out of style in the future. Like all trends.
@sw8sincere (4681)
maybe they just go with the trend. People nowadays take photos of their food first before eating rather than to pray and bless the food. lol
@Juilee (462)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Praying I understand. Muslims or Christians usually say their prayer before eating because that's their religion. But taking photos? I still don't get it.
@AkoPinay (10043)
There are bloggers who blog food/restaurant reviews so they have to take photos for their blogs. I always take photos of foods because I also earn just posting photos at bitLanders and Steemit. I use mobile app editors to enhance my photos.
@hereandthere (31982)
i don't mind if the picture is not perfect. i still look out of curiosity.
@fei1125 (611)
• Chengde, China
For memory
@LeaPea2417 (21160)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I have done that because sometimes , my food is perfect looking and I take a photo of it to remember it.
@Micmac (9028)
I guess people like to share their food photos if that's their passion or maybe they use the food photos on their personal blog or cooking sites.
For social media or just show they can capture their food adventures they paid for it after all.