Jan # 11. U.S. States: Hawaii

The 50th state entered the Union, in 1959, about 6 weeks before I got married. Did you realize that there are actually 132 islands,but only 8 are populated? The names of the populated islands are: Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, Maui, and Hawaii. Highest elevation: Mauna Kea at 13,796 feet. Nickname: Aloha State Motto: "The Life of the Land is Perpetuated with Righteousness."
For some reason, I'm surprised that Hawaii wasn't a state long before that.
The people in Hawaii didn't really want to change their form of government. They had a monarchy. A queen. It was a very tense situation at one time.
@IreneVincent So did they basically get taken over?
@JudyEv Yes, I'll try to find my info on that part of their history. I have it somewhere.
• Denmark
What was the political situation of Hawaii before it joined the USA?
I wrote something about Hawaii's history a while ago. I'll try to find it and get back to you. I want to make sure I have it correct.
I found the information and posted it in three parts. Did you get a chance to read any of it?
• Denmark
@IreneVincent Please be so kind as to send me the link(s).
@aureliah (7967)
So more than 120 islands are undiscovered. I wonder how they look like but it is very interesting
The other islands have been discovered, but they are not inhabited. No one lives on the other islands.
@aureliah (7967)
@IreneVincent That sounds like very interesting to visit.
@Tracy04 (10616)
I had a nice read here.
It's interesting to learn about different places in the world. I will soon be writing about Malaysia. You should post something about your country.
I have never been to Hawaii but I watched Hawaii Five-O lol!
I sometimes watch Hawaii Five-O myself but the body count disturbs me in some of the episodes.