How frustrating! E-mail password not working.

I have an e-mail account that I haven't logged in online for a long time. I tried logging in and it kept saying wrong password. I went to go look at my notebook where I jot the password down and it's the same exact one I typed. I tried to reset the password and it says "Google doesn't recognize this is my email". How frustrating. I will try back tomorrow. How do you remember your passwords?
I have to write all my passwords too - even PIN numbers sometimes. Sometimes I just have a brain fart and can't think what it was even if I had been using it all this time . One mistake of any kind makes the entire password incorrect .
I have a brain fart too . A few times actually so I write partial pw down F i l _ in the b _ a n k. :) Type of deal!
@infatuatedbby Good idea to make partial notes - make the brain exercise (and for privacy protection!).
@much2say hahah yes =) LOL! I am so forgetful so its a must jot down!
Yes that can be very frustrating, it's happened to me before too.
It really is. :( so annoying.
I write all my passwords down, too. It is so frustrating when that happens!
I was able to reset it yesterday!
@infatuatedbby Oh, that's good! I can't stand wasting time with all that necessary evil! lol
@DianneN I didn't bother until yesterday - gave it one more go and was able to reset it thankfully.
@Madshadi (9020)
• Brussels, Belgium
Sometimes I type everything correctly and I check letter by letter and still doesn't let me login. When I refresh and try again it works
I tried another browser and it didn't work. I will try again tomorrow. I can still access this email on my phone (since its saved) but not saved on my computer.
@Madshadi I got the code but it said not correct owner of the email. -_-
@Madshadi (9020)
• Brussels, Belgium
@infatuatedbby yes that’s frustrating. I have the same problem with my account. My browser remembers the password and I can log in with the code, but I still don’t know the password.
@sjvg1976 (18374)
It may be frustrating. Haven't you set a question there?
There is no security question option?
@sjvg1976 (18374)
@sjvg1976 Yeah normally there is but I don't see it. I will try again tomorrow.
@Frenzys9 (175)
I had to abandon my Hotmail account for this very reason. I have to change my password occasionally due to forgetfulness. I hate that they make you add a couple of numbers, uppercase letters and symbols. Hopefully you get your email back soon.
Thank you. I hope to recover my account soon. I haven't tried since.
@Shiva49 (14712)
Some sites want us to change our passwords often and that complicates the issue. They have ways to help you like sending OTP to you mobile number - siva
I didn't see a method sending to mobile number. I have yet to try to log in again.
@Srbageldog (8231)
I write mine down too. I hate when my passwords don't work, especially when I know I entered it correctly!
I know it's the right user/password but it just isn't working. I don't get it but I'll try again tomorrow. The email is saved on my phone, just not on my computer (auto save pw)
@RodrickH (14410)
Have you tried forget password option, it can help you get your password back, if I have this problem, I will check if the Caps Lock in my keyboard is on, if I'm sure I enter the right password, I will try forget my password option
The cap lock wasn't on but I will try again tomorrow. I did try the forget password option, but they said they cannot verify it's me. Very strange.
@sw8sincere (5299)
That's terrible! I hope you can recover your email soon.
Thank you. I am going to try again tomorrow.
@Plethos (12554)
i have that happen to me a lot. too many passwords to remember.
how about security questions?? or phone numbers? maybe there's something wrong with your keyboard?
@nomus24g (25972)
it shouldn't happen...unless its a decade old, it might ask for another layer of security though... Is it Gmail / Yahoo Mail?
It is Gmail. I've never had a problem before resetting but I dont know why I am now.
@nomus24g (25972)
@infatuatedbby is it still in that state?
@nomus24g I have not tried :) Last night had a major headache didnt use the computer in the evening.
@moffittjc (48464)
• Gainesville, Florida
We have a software program at work that we log into to manage our employee hiring process, and lo and behold every single time I try to log in it says my password is wrong, and then prompts me to change to a new password. Which I do, and then I write it down. And then I go log in again and it tells me my password is wrong, and then I have to set a new password again. It does this every single time. At first, it really frustrated me, but now I just go automatically go in and set a new password as soon as I open the login screen! lol
Hahaha, that happens to me with STAPLES every time. I just make a new password every time. Haha.
@moffittjc (48464)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Yep, I don't even get frustrated about it anymore. I just make a new password each time.
@moffittjc Same. Today I logged in with a correct email, said it was wrong. I made a new pw and continued on. -_-
I have them automatically saved on iCloud.
It's possible it could have been hacked.
@tom_view (4503)
• Kolkata, India
i hope you solve the problem sooner
@tom_view (4503)
• Kolkata, India
I wrote it in a notebook.
@JustBhem (47431)
• Davao, Philippines
I always have a copy of them I keep. And every time I have another notebook, I write them. It's like if you are going to ransack my notebooks or journal you will find all my password in all of the accounts there.
@ilocosboy (42102)
Yes maybe your luck will be tomorrow