I crashed and burned

Yesterday was Wednesday. It is the day our little class goes and works with the miniature horses. For those who do not know, "crashed and burned" refers to having a bad accident. At the stables mostly we lead the horses, give them simple commands and brush and groom them. My student was wanting to go fast. We have the option of telling the horses to "trot", so we did. We go up and down a long, graveled driveway. I have never been very graceful, and so managed to trip on something. I went face forward, landing on hands and knees on the gravel. My glasses flew off. The little guy was scared. The horse was happy to amble over and eat some grass. Because this student often yells, no one came when he did. He was calling the lead teacher by name. They were in another part of the yard and could not see me. My student is language impaired and also does not always understand everything. I told him I would be okay and I would get up. I managed. He then laughed hysterically. When I went home, hubby made supper. I took a muscle relaxer. I was going to take a hot soak, but I knew I would not be able to get out of the tub, my knees both seem twisted. I took an over the counter pain reliever and I was in bed, asleep, by 6:15 p. m. So this is the reason I am glad that school is called off today due to weather. I will rest some more, and get stuff done.I hope my knees loosen up soon.
Are you sure you are fine and you do not need to see a doctor? I am glad you can rest at home today.
I am up and moving about. I can take more medicine if need be, but the rest is really what is best for me right now.
@GardenGerty Try to rest as much as you can.
@LadyDuck I had a restful day, and even took a nap.
• Uzbekistan
Won't you see a physician?
Probably not. My doctor would remind me that I have arthritis and that I will have pain if I fall. She did prescribe the muscle relaxer for when I need it. No bones are broken and rest will do me good. I have spoken with the doctor in the past about a knee problem and she recommends wearing a brace when it hurts. She thinks I have a torn meniscus.
@tzwrites (4954)
That's an unfortunate accident. Thankfully you didn't break something.
I am fortunate not to have brittle bones. It was unfortunate, I am such an uncoordinated individual.
@tzwrites (4954)
@GardenGerty It happens to all of us at one point. All it takes is one moment of not being careful.
Glad you weren't hurt any worse. I am not coordinated at all. I know how it is.
Yes, and running/trotting is not my best form, either.
@GardenGerty With my knees I must look like a 2 year old with my pants full when I run.
@GardenGerty ......Maybe walking fast would be better.
Oh, what a shame. It's good the pony wasn't scared and didn't take off. I hope your knees will be okay.
Oh these horses are great with kids and will stay in place anytime they can nibble a little extra grass.
@GardenGerty Most 'little' horses and ponies are happy to stop if there is some food around.
@JudyEv The lady that owns them jokes about what pigs they are.
@JSAph8888 (971)
I think you need to see a doctor. Please do so.
Nothing is broken, nothing to be treated. I already have medicine given to me by my doctor. Thank you for your concern though.
@GardenGerty You are welcome. Take a rest my dear.
@sueznewz2 (10133)
• Alicante, Spain
ohhh dear ... how upsetting for you both... I'm glad the pony didn't get spooked... I hope your knees soon start to feel much better....
I guess it is hard to describe what is going on. It is like muscles pulled at the backs of my knees. The fronts seem fine. I am fine most of the time, just occasionally a hitch.
@sueznewz2 (10133)
• Alicante, Spain
@GardenGerty it sounds very uncomfortable... I hope it's getting better...
I am so so sorry what happened. Did you go to the doctor? How do you feel?
I have some soreness, but not much. I find that the backs of my knees are tying up in spasms. I have medicine that the doctor has prescribed.
@GardenGerty I hope it helps Heather.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
I recommend to you must check up with physician.
The physician would tell me to wear knee braces, do strengthening exercises, and take over the counter medicines. Nothing is broken, no bones are injured.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@GardenGerty you are lucky
Oh my, hope you start to feel better! Glad you had the extra rest. I hope it heals quickly and you can have no pain
I always have some kind of pain, but this is not nearly so bad as I anticipated. Today at 2 pm though one leg spasmed up on me.
@GardenGerty i have something similar my legs would feel like a spasm but my doctor said it was tremors so I take a medicine for it twice a day. I had to take medicine as it was causing me to fall a lot on my face
I'm sorry you fell and hope your knees loosen up and are back to normal soon. It is a good thing school was cancelled to give you time to heal up.
I have had a restful day today. Very little soreness left, just some spasms on one side.
@GardenGerty That's good it's almost gone.
@shshiju (10567)
• Cochin, India
Its happy to know that you are escaped from injuring seriously. Rest is essential , but consulting a doctor is good if you have bruised knee with pain.
It is much better now. I know there are no broken bones. I can wear a knee brace.
@shshiju (10567)
• Cochin, India
@GardenGerty That's good.
That couldn’t have felt good. I hope that your not real sore.
Not too bad. A day of rest should do the trick for me.
@GardenGerty that's good to hear.
I´m so sorry, dear!
I am just so glad to have a day at home to relax today. I will be okay.
@GardenGerty Take care.
@Plethos (10803)
ouch! hope theres no swelling , get well soon.
No, there is no swelling. I often have pain from fibromyalgia and arthritis, so I can handle this. I love the extra rest, though.
@Plethos (10803)
@GardenGerty - take care ,
I've never been too graceful either. I think it's from a ear infection I had as a small child. My balance has always been off and I fell a lot. When I got to my teen aged years I couldn't handle heights. In my senior year in high school my gym coach discovered I hadn't been on the balance beam throughout high school. I was informed that if I didn't do the routine she had come up with for all the girls I would flunk. The routine was one from the Olympics. I tried the mount several times and fell off. Finally she said for me to just climb on. I got on the narrow slat of wood, took one step and froze! Forty five minutes later she called one of the men gym coaches to lift me down. I was like a wild cat!!! His head was one mass of scratches by the time he set me on the floor! My gym coach informed me that if I got on ANYTHING that had me off the ground she would flunk me. Fast forward quite a few years. I have had to have both knees replaced. I still writhe in pain when I have to do something on my knees or if I walk too much. I can so relate to what you go through if you soak in the tub. I have back problems and the doctor gave me exercises to do to help relieve the back problem, but it doesn't say how the heck you get back up to a standing position if you have bad knees. Plus part of the exercises are done on your knees...
Ouch. I truly identify with pain while kneeling. I have been using some of my duties to try to rebuild strength. I can remember when I was able to stand from being seated on the floor without using my hands or anything. Now I put my rump up in the air, and push off the ground with my hands. I am sure it looks very awkward. I have no idea where that piece of gravel driveway came from that threw me down for a rest.
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
HAVE REST. TAKE CARE OF YOUR KNEES. AFTER ALL U HAVE A CARING HUBBY
Yes, he is a big help.
@GardenGerty I fell hard on my knee also a while back, and the bruise I received was spectacular. I hope your knee feels better soon.
Well mine do not seem to have turned color, so that is good. I just have a little tightness left on one side. The extra rest was great.
Bless your heart. This weather just makes the pain worse, huh.
Cold makes me hurt all over anyway. Oh, but I have loved the extra sleep.
You really took a bad spill. Seems like your student really came out of his shell when you fell. Hope the resting today will find you feeling much better.
Oh, the rest did a lot. I am sure my kiddo was very confused as he did not know what to do. Not used to seeing your adult all stretched out on the ground.