afternoon thoughts

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
It is a gorgeous day in my area! I just stepped out hoping for mail, but of course, there was none as my mailman is lazy. I had to check, and it was actually warm outside about 50 degrees! It was so pleasant to step outside that way. Have been listening to news AND it does not look good. Getting lots of rain tonight and all day tomorrow and will turn into sleet and snow to the point of getting about 6 or more inches of snow depending on where we are located. The weather people can't tell exactly where the heavy snow will be? But supposed to be worst storm for this season yet. I had planned on going to a social meeting of my book club just to socialize on Saturday, and i was walking to the restaurant but do not think I will make it because of the weather. I don't know how the weather will change while we are having lunch. Yesterday i was sitting in my room talking to my sister on the phone, and my leg of my desk fell off, and somehow it is still standing! But i took my computer to the dining room table, so it does not break if the desk falls down. I am going to boil some frozen pierogis for dinner today as it is my favorite meal and have been craving them since I bought them! Are you on the path of a storm coming soon? Do you have nice and warm temperatures where you live? what are you having for dinner tonight?
I think we miss the storm. It is 57 degrees today, but the 20s return tomorrow without snow, which will mean icy roads due to today's rain. Not sure what dinner will be tonight.
Oh, that is good it won't snow as I know how much you hate snow. Hopefully, it won't freeze in your area. Stay safe and warm tomorrow!
• Uzbekistan
During the day it's 8° here. You are puzzled? See, this happens when we don't add the measurement used in other countries. 8° Celsius means 46° Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit is only used in the United States and associated territories (Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands), the Bahamas, Belize, the Cayman Islands and Palau.
@bunnybon7 (37406)
• Holiday, Florida
well thanks for that @MALUSE i love those little tidbits. from other countries. sounds a bit cold
@MALUSE thank you for saving me from doing it the hard way! I promise I will use it in the future!
Not sure what we are having tonight.Let you know later
Okay, I will wait! I do know if Mike cooks it is sure to be a yummy meal and if you made dessert totally great! I am drooling thinking about that!
@Marty1 we had pasta,sausage,red pepper and garlic bread
@amadeo sounds so much better than my roast beed sandwich! I am sure it was quite yummy! I may heat up frozen garlic bread on Friday as I found three unopened boxes in my basement freezer the other day! I love garlic bread and will make extra for snacks as I like it cold, too!
@kobesbuddy (55368)
• East Tawas, Michigan
How long do you boil pierogis? We have some in our freezer and that sounds like a great idea, for supper! Thanks:)
I don't have the package right here as I decided on a sandwich instead but believe it says 7-8 minutes on the box. I do know they will float to the top of the pot when they are done so that might help you!
@Daelii (5941)
@Marty1 lol that's how I cook them too. Its important the water is rapidly boiling or they can fall apart
@Daelii I never knew the water had to be boiling rapidly? It never said that on the box. I will do that as I decided to have then this weekend instead!
I love pierogies! Do you fry them in butter after boiling them for a few minutes? It was 51° here today and all the snow is melted. It will be 58° tomorrow so I plan to take the puppy for a walk and look for a geocache. I hope the storm goes around comes you so you won't have to deal with all that snow and can go to the book meeting.
I don't fry them in butter as it makes them too hard! My grandma made them like that for a traditional Polish Christmas eve dinner with no meat and those things were harder than a rock! I do add butter and Going to add some fried onions this time and then dip them in sour cream yummy! I hope the weather is wrong but from the news it is pretty sure. I still have the actual meeting about the book at the library on January 27 so will not miss it completely! I borrowed Julia & Julie this afternoon from the e-library this afternoon
@Marty1 lol sounds like your grandmother cooked then way to long. So exiting you got that book from the e-library. I can't wait to hear what you think.
@shaggin I have to finish the end idea regular library book as first as the e-library has 21 days to read it While regular library 14 days! I will tell you for sure when I read it!
@Platespinner (17062)
We're only supposed to get rain from this storm. Enjoy your perogies!
Thar is pretty good just with just rain unless it gets so cold that it freezes. Luckily just have to go out Friday morning, and after that, I am in the house all weekend and next week unless it gets warm I am having pierogis this weekend as I just finished a roast5 beef sandwich I decided to eat instead. It was quite yummy, and i am going to have Oreo cheesecake soon for dessert!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Its n the sixties here today and it looks like the sun is shining. We went and checked the mail a little while ago, and there was a Lego Magazine which I got as a free sample like four months ago and it finally came. We will give it to the neighbors little boy to read. Which is the whole reason I ordered it. Dinner tonight is hashbrown casserole.
that sounds like a nice temperature and hope it stays warm for you! I hate how some things take so long to come in the mail. I have a worse problem as my mailman is horrible and brings things too late.Glad you got the Lego magazine eventually! Hope the neighbor likes it. I have made several potato casseroles but all mine used tater tots! They all varied in ingredients as to the style of it. Have a delicious hash brown casserole! i had a roast beef sandwich instead and am going to bed by 4:30p this afternoon!
Just rain coming up here i think. Would love snow though. Hope dinner was good! Sorry you wont be going staurday.
I decided to have a roast beef sandwich instead, and it was yummy! i think the weather will be better on January 27 when we gather at the library and discuss the monthly book. I am thinking they may call Saturday morning and cancel and maybe reschedule it like the last time we were meeting at a restaurant and had a bad ice storm!
@Marty1 yummy
@Courtlynn I might make French freethinkers and out either roast beef or turkey on bread and cover it with French fries and Smother all that with either beef or turkey gravy! That is the yummiest meal! Might add cheese sticks along with that to eat separately since oven will be on for fries!
It's usually pretty warm here, anytime of year. Lol.
I have heard that as I have a favorite cousin in Tampa! He was up here for the holiday when it was very warm in Tampa and highs in single digits while he was here!
@Marty1 Last week it was in the 30's here-which was very cold for us!
@LovingMyBabies yikes! Does it often get that cold? It is supposed to be 17 degrees on Sunday! We did have below zero regular temperatures last weekend!
We are going to have chicken wings for supper that sounds really good.
Plain ones or don't they have different types of different sauces? What type will you have? I have never tried making chicken wings or any type of meat that wasn't ground beef?Enjoy your dinner whatever type you have!
Our weather seems to be like yours over there. Won't be pleasant. Enjoy the pierogis.
I am having pierogies on Friday or Saturday night and had a roast beef sandwich instead!
@moffittjc (45290)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's been raining for three solid days here in Florida, and we're expected to get more rain overnight and into tomorrow morning before the next cold front pushes through. That means it will be nice and clear and cool for the long holiday weekend!
I forgot Marin Luther king day! I love that man! Glad you will have nice weather for the weekend! Will you have to work on Monday?
@moffittjc (45290)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Marty1 Nope, I have a nice three-day weekend! Well, actually a 3 1/2 day weekend, since I only have to work half a day tomorrow!
@moffittjc even better only working half a day! Any plans for those precious days?
It sounds troublesome to have a storm. You need to keep yourself warm there.
The troublesome part will be that it rained all night and it is going down in temperature and will freeze and make roads and sidewalks icy and then a lot of snow. I will stay warm indoors wot my kitten by my side!
@Marty1 I think it is better to stay inside, my friend. I am sure the kitten will also feel warm with you.
@Shavkat it is still warm so that i will be going to my doctor early morning before it gets cold and starts to snow!!
@bunnybon7 (37406)
• Holiday, Florida
i am not sure what we are having as i have been mostly concentrating on just getting through my recent fall. wish i was like your desk and still doing fine with my one foot broken but in a delema here i am afraid. hope you stay very warm and cozy in the storm and your kitty Onyx also likely will cuddle with you
I am so sorry about you foot. Hopefully you are not in too much pain. Onyx isn't one to cuddle until lately at bedtime he comes to bed sometime after I go to sleep and he either blows in my ear, kisses me or meows so he gets close then. or if I wake up naturally he is right next to me. This happens the last week or so before then he slept at foot of our bed! We keep in heat on really high so we will be toasty in the cold!
@bunnybon7 (37406)
• Holiday, Florida
@Marty1 so he got more comfortable with you and his home.
@bunnybon7 Yes, I never thought of it that way, but yes. He is very comfortable in our home. He has those nights during which he decides he can't live another minute without me being awake and wakes me up around midnight. Then I get all awake, and he goes back to bed!
We are having a lot of rain right now. We have temps in the 30's and 40's during the day and down to the teens is the coldest during the night.
I am in my getting ready to go to bed but my sister told me it is raining hard here. It is going to be in the teens as highs on Sunday! Hope it stops raining soon for you. Does the rain freeze when it is night?
@Marty1 ......It can if the temp goes down.
@celticeagle they said it froze yesterday here when the temps went from 50's to teens all day and the roads froze
@ilocosboy (37392)
Yes I guess we have a good climate here, we consider the 17c to 20c as very cold because we are used to hotter day.
I would love a warmer climate this winter here as we have been freezing for the last few weeks! Mild for a few days here now but it will get the cold weather where a half hour of exposed skin can get frostbitten this weekend. I am so ready for spring and summer warm weather!
@ilocosboy (37392)
What month the winter usually end?
@ilocosboy usually starts getting some milder days in March and really starts to warm up in April/May
• Walnut Creek, California
What is "AHD"?
sorry for confusion I will correct it thanks for telling me! It should read AND I corrected it
• Walnut Creek, California
@Marty1 Oh, OK. I will reread.
@TheHorse thanks!
@fly802 (1514)
Here temperature is going down day by day.Waiting for the sunny day. Having tomato soup and potato chop in the dinner.
the temperatures here are going down a lot all day today and getting extremely cold by Sunday! it was mild for a few days so it won't be as bad. YOur dinner sounds yummy!
@fly802 (1514)
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
ITS CERTAINLY NOT WARM BUT COOL AND VERY PLEASING OUTSIDE THOUGH FOGGY. THESE ARE THE VERY FEW DAYS WE STAY COOL HERE IN KOLKATA.
Which type of weather do you prefer? It is warm right now but going back to frigid weather again on Saturday!!
@kanchan10 (3414)
• Kolkata, India
winter if u ask
That sounds beautiful! Yay. Here my car is telling me it is 2 degrees. Lol. Be careful in the sleet.
It really got cold if your car is two degrees! It is supposed to drop to highs of the teens by Sunday afternoon! Luckily, i won't have to go out until next Thursday~! You stay warm from the cold and drive safely. I imagine it would be hard to drive in this kind of weather? So drive carefully!