"Winter Wonderland"?

I know, I know...there are people (also known as 'idjits' in the local vernacular) that think snow is desirable. Most of these people never have to live with snow...and ice..and freezing rain...and sleet...and all that OTHER nasty crap. Look, I'll simplify it for you. I lost my newly married 24 year old nephew two days before Christmas (2008) in a highway accident caused by snow. So yes, I pretty much have no use for it. BUT I thought I'd show you how the squirrels out at the Squirrel Tree are handling it this morning, using their tails as umbrellas against the Wicked Evil White (expletive deleted). And Scar? He stuck his nose out there for about 30 seconds and said "(Expletive deleted) this (expletive deleted)!" So yes, El Casa de Ratcliffe really doesn't like it. Here, I'll even throw in a video.
A mixture of freezing rain/sleet/ice/snow...I think the technical name for it might be 'crap'
Scar is displaying common sense.
We must have got some wind last night, just went out the back door to start the van and let it warm up and I have a couple big branches down in the yard
@JolietJake , We have some branches off too, but fortunately, they are small.
That is very sad about your nephew. I'm really sorry for your and all his family. I love the tails on those squirrels.
@FourWalls (13680)
I'm sorry about your nephew. I don't like it, either. You may see later today a post on Facebook "celebrating" today as the anniversary of my broken ankle. That wouldn't have happened without snow.
@EddieHands (37845)
lol people who visit the snow. see it as a wonder land.. people who live in it.. see it as a lviing hell.. lol
@tzwrites (4902)
Exactly, it's such an inconvenience since people have to go out...
i love the brazilians who come here local to work..and all tell me they want snow..until they're out in it.they change their tune REAL fast. i told you guys it sucks..
So sorry about your nephew. Not fair! I love your photo of the squirrels this morning.
My condolence on your family. I feel sad for scar, does he have winter wear?
I am really sorry about your nephew, my condolences. Snow is dangerous, I hate snow and I am all the time concerned when we need to take the road and there is ice and snow. Poor little squirrels, even they seem not to like snow.
@Plethos (10313)
ive never really seen snow fall to the ground in the traditional sense. ive seen it fall for a few minutes then just disappear the way a sprinkle of water does. the closest i can come to seeing snow is hail.
I'll admit it can be 'pretty'...pretty damn cold and wet I think I first started hating it the first time I had to drive in it
@tzwrites (4902)
The squirrels seem to be doing fine. They are cute.
@sol_cee (15323)
• Japan
My condolences JJ. :(
All the critters at the Squirrel Tree know that they will be fed. That's for sure!
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, me and snow ain't good buddies either @JolietJake . Just ask my donkeys too. They are not thrilled that their water tubs are frozen solid. And I'm not thrilled that with the windchill in the teens that I have to take a hammer to bust them out and pull all the ice out using a sieve. .
@BarBaraPrz (19797)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I agree with Scar. Right now it's raining here, and there's talk of it turning to snow later in the day, but I hope it doesn't happen. I add my condolences to everyone else's here about your nephew. It's terrible to lose anyone but just before Christmas and starting a new life with someone is just a mean kick in the pants from the powers that be. I feel for ya.
@Srbageldog (8599)
I'm sorry about your nephew. It never snows where I'm at, so it's a novelty for us. I've experienced snow all of three times in my life, and one of those times it didn't stick. (Enough fell for the teachers at my school to scoop it up from the playground, place it in a cooler, and have all of us kindergartners march through and put our hands in it.)