Have you forgotten?

@sol_cee (16877)
Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
As I was checking my FB newsfeed, a friend posted something which caught my attention. She’s looking for a lawyer or maybe someone who knows a lawyer who can give her advice on what to do about the father of her baby who has stopped giving monthly support. This got me into thinking. A man who really wants to be a father to his child, regardless of what happened between him and his partner, doesn’t need forceful legal action to do his responsibility. He would man up and do his obligation because that’s what he’s supposed to do. My sister is a single mom who used to beg and plead monetary help from her ex. It was downright degrading, begging that is, for something that your child rightfully owns. I remember lambasting the spineless good-for-nothing a hate mail when my nephew was hospitalized and he didn’t even pay a visit. But that was the past and my sister has moved on, worked doubly hard for her and her son. I just wonder if her ex could sleep fitfully at night. PS. It’s my first time to commit an error in posting a discussion. I got this error: cannot post. Fix bad words. And I’m still seething. Lol
Did ya try to call them a bass turd?
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Had to edit it twice. Can you guess the second choice of word? Lol
@sol_cee S.O.B.?
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
I do think that this kind of man is a weakling in taking his responsibility seriously.
I agree they're weak they weren't obviously thinking when they had a child @Shavkat
@Letranknight2015 I have a low opinion of these men who cannot keep their promises.
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Spineless, good-for-nothing weakling!
@Shiva49 (13770)
Some have zilch conscience and wash off their hands from any responsibility. Good that your sister has moved on and succeeded leaving behind this hurtful episode - siva
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
I always think she’s tough.
Neglecting to pay child support is a regular occurrence - that is why the court option is available.
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Sad, sad situation.
A father must pay for the child support, if not the lawyer must transmit the request to the Court that will oblige the father to pay.
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Going to court is a lengthy if not an expensive process Anna-san. :(
@sol_cee It's not expensive because is the faulty one who has to pay, in this case the father. Without going through a court you go nowhere.
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@LadyDuck unfortunately it’s not the same thing in my country Anna-san.
I'm always surprised when I get called out for a 'bad word'. The first time I was a bit mortified but I've got used to it now.
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Some people here put ** to edit a bad word but I heard it’s against the rules.
@sol_cee I think it is but most of us still do it.
When did this happened? She should have consulted the Tulfo brothers for that, I've seen some of his shows about single moms asking for that kind of help. It's better off if the kid would learn to live his life and wouldn't think about his Father anymore. Honestly, She doesn't need that man, she can do it as long as the child is with her that is even more important. PS: I remember my mom doing similar thing, now she's happy and free because we have a business to run.
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Tulfo brothers? Are they lawyers LK-san?
lots of man like that, they wouldnt bother giving money support anymroe because its likely they have another family. and filling a case is risky, the other party will fight as well right., we dont know whats on their mind. its an option for a girl to be strong and look for any sort of income she can get to supply her childs needs
@sol_cee (16877)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
My friend’s ex has another family now and well it looks like you’re right.
@JustBhem (41164)
• Davao, Philippines
Too bad. Glad that your sister was able to move on.
It is a shame when a parent fails to provide for a child of his or hers. I do hope those who fail to support their children will be made to do so when the law intervenes.
Your sister has grown a lot from that bad episode in her life. I guess there are plenty of guys who do not care about their own children as the courts are crowded in family law.
@YrNemo (14234)
Some males are like that, they like to punish the mother of their children in whatever way they thought fit. Not helping with child support is just one way. Good men don't do that, but then good men stick to their wives and children to the end, caring for them, protecting them. (unless it was the women who walked away from the marriage due to selfishness, we see that every now and then!)
@DaddyEvil (25738)
• Aurora, Missouri
The only advice an attorney can give your friend is to take the deadbeat father back to court. Your friend could also contact her state's version of Family and Child Services. Family and Child Services will (sometimes) file against the father for the mother and kids, which keeps the mother from having to pay some of the attorney fees. Did you know that a man who is awarded child support is less likely to receive it than a woman who is awarded child support?
@silvermist (20085)
This really is unfortunate.Here too we come across men like that.Some go to court,which is a very time consuming process.Some just stop asking/begging.They find some jobs and try to survive.And the father of the child just marries again and lives happily.
@PatZAnthony (12871)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is terribly sad that some parents do not take responsibility for their children. What an awful situation for someone to deal with.
She can take him to family court to make him pay. His paychecks will be garnished.
How sad the father never helped with the child. In cases like this it is the fathers loss. My boyfriends sons ex does not pay support for her son and rarely ever bothers to try to see him. She just keeps having kids and losing custody of them it's horrible!
@ridingbet (57740)
i have never sought any assistance from the father of my son since i drove him out of our house and our lives. i applaud your sister for single-handedly handling her kid.
Here you take them to court and the courts go after them for the money.
@Madshadi (8922)
• Brussels, Belgium
I heard of so many cases like that. I don’t know how people can live with themselves