I don't want it to end!

Pleasant Hill, California
When I really enjoy a book, movie, or a concert, I don't want it to end. Such was the case with Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove, the movie Lion King, and the Keith Jarrett Trio concert I went to. When it comes to my hobbies and projects, it can be the same, especially when it comes to refinishing speakers. I'm almost done with the KLH 17s in the picture, but I don't want to be done! I guess it's because I enjoy the process as much as the product. Can you think of things you've done that you didn't want to end?
My life is what I do not want to end
@vandana7 (65019)
You seem to specialize in that brand, and usually they end up looking pretty sweet
@vandana7 (65019)
He just said he did not want it to "end", "Pretty Sweet" or not..lol
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeppers, I really like KLH, Acoustic Research, Dynaco and Advent from that era. All used really nice walnut wood, so it's fun to see the grain "pop" as I oil them up. JBL used nice wood too.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 Yeah, I enjoy the "process" as much as, or more than, the product.
I am the same, when I like something I am sad when it comes to the end.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I have left a tiny bit of screen/grille cloth left to attach on the KLHs. I will turn my attention to some Realistic Brand speakers that sustained some minor damage because I left them in my car for too long.
@TheHorse So, you will soon start a new project I suspect.
I thought your post would be not wanting the speakers to have to be thrown away but I see that was not correct. I hate fixing things so I am always happy when I get them finished. I usually put things off so long I just wind up throwing things out.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh no. I love restoring these things and finding a loving home for them. But I enjoy the process as much as the product.
@BarBaraPrz (19862)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Nothing I'm going to admit to...
• Pleasant Hill, California
Nothing wrong with basic pleasures.
That can be said of many of my travels.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I was thinking of that. I want my travels to Montana (and Europe) to last longer.
@tzwrites (4913)
@TheHorse Same, I hate that day when the vacation is over.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@tzwrites Yep. I haven't had a real vacation in awhile.
Like you, if I have a great read, I will actually try to not read it too quickly because that means the end will come sooner. I used to stencil decorative borders where wall meets ceiling, when that sort of thing was in style, and I never wanted that project to end. Loved the detail.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yep, too much fun actually doing it.
I love to read and feel the same way when engrossed in a great book.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
Those speakers look beautiful, pony! I know, I know... I rarely say anything about your refinishing projects... mostly, because I don't know what all goes into them or how they should look when you are done. *shrug* (We can't all be excellent at everything. grinning at you!) Uhhh... yeah, there are a few authors who have dropped me from their emailing lists because I push them to produce more books using the characters I've fallen in love with in their previous books. Some of the authors have told me they weren't interested in continuing a story line and others have mentioned I am insatiable in my reading habits. (And now you know the reason I collect books from so many authors. It isn't because I just like to collect books, but that I can/will get hooked on one particular author or series if I'm not careful. I am trying to curb that impulse, but it is so difficult!!!)
@vandana7 (65019)
@TheHorse Now I know why we all have different natures. lol P G Wodehouse, eh. I could never read that one...may be my English was truly bad when I came across him. I am essentially into crime related stuff.
@vandana7 (65019)
That is why we should have characters like Perry Mason. They continue from one book to another. lol.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@TheHorse Most authors who are still living freely give out contact information. Granted, most of them only give out their website link and not an email address, but before they became wise to the various "mental problems" their readers might have, you could easily get an actual personal email address. Piers Anthony is the author who told me he wasn't interested in continuing his series (Xanth) using the same characters he had already used. (And then the... nice man brings back the characters I pleaded to read more about by having another character find the "Fountain of Youth" ! And no, he dedicated many of the ideas in his books to the readers who suggested them but never gave me credit for that suggestion! *sigh!*) Sir Terry Pratchett (a favorite of both @pgntwo and I) was the one who made the comment about my insatiable reading habits. SMH! Holly Lisle simply quit responding to my emails. *throw my hands up in the air* Some of the newer authors have blocked me from using their personal email addresses. (Nope, no names. I still read their books. I just don't talk to them anymore.) I have several good reasons to work at curbing my habit of contacting authors whose works I love....
I'm that way about a good book.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Me too. I haven't read one that TOTALLY absorbed me in awhile.
@vandana7 (65019)
My arguments with you. I regret not winning them. Evil Grin. I quite have fun troubling you, horrifying your senses...especially when you come up with "horror" LOL
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
I like to tease pony, too, vanny! You carry teasing to a whole new level, at times!
@vandana7 (65019)
@DaddyEvil It is a challenge kind...when is Pony going to snap...yell..throw tantrum...I don't know if I have any of those pictures I downloaded. One in particular ...you know I downloaded from pixabay with a comical caricature for signifying time....for sugar moon. It would have been horrifying thing even for me. But I just knew it would irritate Pony.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@vandana7 Are you saying you TRY to make pony snap?! I do know you love to make him say things like "Oh, the horror!" and "The humanity!", vanny! I think it is hilarious when he responds like that to your teasing! Please keep me informed when it happens!
Can't think of anything at the moment but I do know there have been times when I have done things that i enjoyed so much that I just didn't want it to end.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I used to feel that way about playing baseball/softball. "Let's play two!" said Ernie Banks, of Cubs fame. But no more! My body says, "Let's drink two!"
I can totally understand that. Getting thee is half the fun!
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's more or less my "life philosophy."
@yugocean (8375)
So it ended and re-started?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Umm...which?
@yugocean (8375)
@TheHorse This is what you have to tell.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@yugocean I admit to being utterly confused.
There was a series of Young Adult books that we read where we'd go to bed at night worrying about the kids in the book and hoping they'd get out of whatever mess they'd got themselves into.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
You're like me! I "live" the story, too! I can get so far into a book that I have alienated authors because I want to know what happens next!
@DaddyEvil You can worry about the characters long after the book has finished.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@JudyEv I agree, and that is what usually happens when I've really gotten into a book, too!
I also have books I do not want to end because not sure I will find a book to read afterwards as good as that one. I loved the Lion King. I think I even have it on DVD. I thought it was sad though.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I've watched the movie at least 30 times. Hamlet with lions. How much better than that does it get?
@TheHorse The Horse, are you talking about Lion King? I think it is a beautiful movie.
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
Some times my sweet dish should be ate lastly and often worried about the end.
• Pleasant Hill, California
The end? Meaning the next morning?
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
@TheHorse Means when I finish it
@fly802 (1514)
When I watch any nice movie I also think if it would not end.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yep. Dr. Strangelove is like that for me very time I watch it.
@fly802 (1514)
I suppose that is one main reason why there are movie sequels. Personally, I can't think of anything specific but I do know that music can transport me to another world. However, I can always rewind or repeat when my favorite tune or performance ends.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. I always assumed the sequel were about making money. But there have been some decent movie "series."
• Northampton, England
Sometimes I want a really good film to end.Its weird.
• Pleasant Hill, California
So they don't screw it up?