Just a little about organic

That's mom wearing my reading glasses in 2012, she was 95 Yes I took this photo
El Paso, Texas
Some of you might remember me talking about organic food so when I saw this video on my FB page I thought I would share it here. The photo above is of Mom in 2012, she was 95 going on 96. Until 2012 she had never eaten diet foods and while I did the cooking all the food was organic. I was actually surprised that my friend posted this but I'm glad she had actually listened to me. What do you think about starting an organic diet?
https://www.attn.com/videos/19165/zooey-deschanel-tackles-organic-vs-non-organic-foods
I have no interest in this.When time for me to come then let it be.I am ready
Oh ok, I just happen to prefer to eat healthy organic food.
@rebelann we have food that are not organic and still very healthy.
I am allergic to herbicides and pesticides @amadeo so I have no choice
@rebelann I didn't watch the whole thing, but as the woman said we need to get the cost down. I would buy it in a heartbeat if the cost wasn't so high.
The teacher she was talking to mentioned how we could grow our own organics, that would only leave meats. I get organic chicken legs from Costco and of course I love smoked salmon and sardines so if I can figure out how to grow veggies in this dry climate I'm going to try. Now if only I had the strength I had in my 50s.
@rebelann I live in an apartment upstairs, so I couldn't do this.Though I did keep worms once and gave them fruit and veggies leftovers. I saw a video not too long ago about water farming. The farming is all done in a large building, and they keep fish in the water whose poop give food to the plants who give oxygen to the fish. I can't remember how many acres of land would be saved from use, but it was quite a lot, and I'm sure it would all be organic.
Oh yes @misunderstood_zombie I remember reading about stuff like that, they actually sell lettuce grown aquaponically which is kool but I had no idea about those fish, it does make sense though. I think you could grow a few things aquaponically even in an apartment. Hmmmmm, interesting idea.
I have bought some organic foods, but mostly just get what I can afford.
I have reactions to the chemicals they soak up like pesticides and herbicides so organic is about the only thing I can do, it's worth it though because I am not on any medications which is better than my younger friends who are.
@rebelann I am pleased to also be medication free
I hope it stays that way @Tampa_girl7 I'm in my late 60s and almost everyone I know is diabetic and some have high blood pressure plus one recently passed due to Rheumatic Arthritis in combination with those two, he was only 2 months older than me. You're in your 30s, right?
@LoriAMoore (9720)
16h
It's just so expensive.
15h
Kinda but it beats the expense of meds.
@UncleJoe (8983)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
No organic diet for me. I can't get past piano-ic.
@PainsOnSlate (19612)
We eat well and do the best we can. We can only hope the organic foods we eat really are organic.
I know what I buy is because if not I would suffer severe leg cramps once I lay down to sleep. I eat more sardines and smoked salmon than I used to which is fine so far because I try to stick with wild caught.
• Pamplona, Spain
Organic food here is very expensive at the moment. I eat fresh veggies and cook most of them. Use also a lot of beans and chick peas and lentils. Meat is a luxury hardly anyone I know buys meat on a daily basis now.
@cahaya1983 (10162)
6h
I would love to, I just wish organic products aren't that expensive. Not everyone can afford them on a regular basis here.