Someone is Pulling the Shade Down

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Every time I look out the window in the past half hour, it's darker. It's as though someone has pulled the shade down on the world. It seems strange to me that I was up well before daybreak and it looks like I'll be up long after night fall. It has been a good day, though. I did not go to the pool this morning. Two reasons - icy conditions and I wasn't feeling very good this morning, but it's passed. I did however, have my Bible study and the notifications finished by 6:30 AM. Dawn was just starting by then. I then spent the next several hours working on Thread of Evidence. I quit that shortly around noon. I watched three episodes of Downton Abbey. I could seriously binge watch that one until I've seen all six seasons. I started the first episode of Season 3. Now, I've come full circle. Darkness is about to set in and I'm here once again to be with all of you and find out how your day has gone. How did you spend your day? Were you here the whole day or involved in other activities? Thanks for reading.
the day was busy.Playing tennis and doing some errands before rain storm.Have a good evening
I'm glad you were able to get out and play tennis.
@just4him yes and it was great.
I walked my property and hung more signs, took pictures. I drove to three different towns and ttwo counties to get answers I need to stop the nonsense in my woods. I got home way after dark.
I hope you got the answers you need to keep the hunters away.
You are really doing good on your last book. You were busy today.
Yes, I was. I'm almost half-way through this edit/revision.
I've only just got up but I think it is going to be really hot today so I'll probably spend quite a bit of time here.
I hope you have a good day.
@just4him I get up early most days during the week and feed my cat and do things I need to do and then come in this room and work at the computer. If I have to go out then do what I have and come home and back on the computer again.
That's what I do too. Though without a pet. I'm on the computer soon after I get up, get my first post posted before I head to the pool, then come back and myLot again.
@just4him Valerie, that is ok that you do not have a furry one. It is very nice in the early morning but too bad the jerk that lives above us is also up and causing lots of trouble.
@Hannihar That's terrible.
Glad you're feeling better and you stayed off the icy roads. Never here whole days. Though it'd be easy too. Only here off and on each day.
Yes, it would be very easy to stay here the whole day, and I've done it, but I didn't get much writing done when I did.
@just4him aw. That stinks.
@Courtlynn A promise I made to myself was to write every day, and so far I've only had one day I haven't, so I'm doing good. I even got two chapters edited before I left this morning.
@MsBooklover (4014)
I am still sick so I am not getting as much done. It is also hard for me to get used to this getting dark earlier. At my age, I would like to have a husband who comes home to me, and we have dinner....and relax and read, etc. Life does not always go our way.
No, it doesn't. I'd love to have a husband to come home to me too. Such is not my lot in life at this time.
@just4him You have a very good life, though.
@MsBooklover Thank you. I like to think so. I can do what I want, when I want, and that's huge for me.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I had to have another lung function test today. Amazingly it had jumped up by 4%
I hope that's good and you're doing much better.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@just4him I am thanks.
@JustBhem (41244)
• Davao, Philippines
I was here the whole day yesterday and today. The boyfriend is still working on my Blood Transfusion this Monday.
You don't miss anything when you're here the whole day. I hope it goes well on Monday.
@JustBhem (41244)
• Davao, Philippines
@just4him I hope so, but I don't think I will have my treatment this Monday. I will have a Tuesday Schedule I think.
• Austin, Texas
Typical Saturday doing online work. Nothing unusual. The weather is chilly but pleasant. Working in my bedroom is comfortable because I can watch TV and work at the same time.
Now, that's comfort.
Glad that you had a good day. I did different activities during the day, just come here between for a break.
Thank you. It's good to break away and do something else.
• Preston, England
my own diary entries cover my day - sound like you did a lot despite the cold weather. Well done
I didn't go out, but stayed home all day yesterday. Today I'll be away from home most of the day.
@just4him We rented a carpet cleaner and cleaned the floors Friday, and now they look so nice.
I'm sure it does. It always amazes me how great a carpet looks when it is cleaned.
Hello @just4him It's morning here but I had my little exercise then breakfast. Now, I'm starting to mylot. Hope you warm yourself enough to survive the night.
I was comfortable, thank you.
I have binged watched Downton Abbey several times, I notice new things every time. We had a quiet day a little shopping and lunch out and some housework.
I love finding new things in the movies and shows I watch. It makes it fun to watch them over again. I'm glad you had a quiet day.
I went to the library and did some reading. That's it.
You got away from the computer and got some fresh air. That's a good thing. Feeding your imagination is also a good thing.