New York by Gehry at Eight Spruce Street

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NYC_-_New_York_by_Gehry_at_8_Spruce_Street_-_panoramio.jpg
This is a 76 story building in New York. I love the outside architectural waves that look as if the walls are somewhat in motion. It was created by an amazing architect named Frank Gehry who has made other famous and wonderful buildings, one of which is the Walt Disney Concert Hall. It holds residential apartments, and the rentals run from 5 to 10 thousand dollars a month. The views are spectacular, and the units are lovely also. Fifteen floors is the highest I've been in an elevator. I can't imagine riding up to the 70th floor or even as high as the 40th floor, but I'm terrified of heights. What is the highest floor you've achieved in an elevator?
I once went to the top of Sears Tower in Chicago. That was an experience. It felt like I left my stomach on the bottom floor as the speed of the elevator going that high was fast. I'm also afraid of heights, so it was the only time I went up there while I was still married.
@just4him Someone else wrote about fast elevators, and that is scary. I couldn't do it.
@KrauseHome (35529)
@just4him It is an experience. One worth experiencing at least once.
@KrauseHome I didn't mind the elevator, and the view from the top of Sears Tower was amazing.
The highest floor in an elevator? 102 Floors, when I visited the Empire State Building. I am not ready to go up there again, not even if they pay me to go.
@LadyDuck I would feel the same way, I just don't think I could do it for all the money in the world.
@misunderstood_zombie I went because a friend insisted, I was sick all the time inside the elevator.
I have been over 100 stories in the tallest building in Chicago, it is an amazing sight to be able to walk around on the Skydeck.
@BelleStarr I can't even imagine going up that high.
@1creekgirl (11312)
I went to the top of the Empire State Building, however many floors it was. That one in your photo is beautiful.
It's 102 floors, I also went up there.
@1creekgirl I think it's beautiful also. I would love to visit New York and look at so many buildings there.
@1creekgirl (11312)
@misunderstood_zombie Maybe you'll get to visit NY one day.
@silvermist (20096)
That really is a marvelous building.I have never been on a building with so many floors.
@silvermist It's strange to think people live so high up and never think twice about taking an elevator several times a day.
@silvermist (20096)
@misunderstood_zombie After a while people get used to it and never think about it.
• Austin, Texas
Don't know. Must have been the Empire State Building. I remember going there when I was about 14 years old.
@cmoneyspinner That's very tall. @LadyDuck wrote that it's 102 floors.
I have been to the Sears Tower in Chicago and the now gone World Trade Center in NYC.
@JohnRoberts Those are and were very large buildings. I can only imagine how you felt when 9/11 happened, because you had been inside and thought about the people there who were there that day. Sorry, I can't seem to write what I'm trying to say about it.
Oh wow, I never thought about that, Not to high. I love the building.
@andriaperry I love it too, it would be amazing to see it in person.
@UncleJoe (10598)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Hard to say. I ran out of oxygen at that altitude and passed out.
I wanted to writ a joke back to you, but if this really happened I would feel terrible.
@UncleJoe (10598)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@UncleJoe It wasn't a very funny joke, but I was going to say did this happen when you reached space.
@Madshadi (8924)
• Brussels, Belgium
I’ve seen some very tall buildings in Dubai but was never in any of them. Most of them were for VIP’s only.
@Madshadi Those buildings in Dubai are beautiful.
@Madshadi (8924)
• Brussels, Belgium
@misunderstood_zombie yes they are. Burj Khalifa is the tallest buildingin the world
@1hopefulman (31542)
Wow! I live on the 4th floor and I think $650 Canadian is a lot. I once visited a friend who lived on the 17th floor in a building which had a balcony and I went out on it for a few seconds and it scared me. I don't like heights either unless it's a mountain.
@1hopefulman I would be very scared to go out on a balcony that high up.
@1hopefulman (31542)
@misunderstood_zombie It was very scary, especially to be on the outside of the building. I started to think, what if there is an earthquake?
I don't really know how high I've been but heights don't worry me.
@JudyEv You're very lucky they don't bother you, I can hardly watch a movie with people looking for an abyss of some kind.
@misunderstood_zombie My husband is much the same.
The building does look amazing but eek I am terrified of heights I would not be able to go near any of the windows after the first few floors.
I'm scared of heights also, I just like to look at it from ground level.
@nela13 (7731)
• Portugal
I hate elevators and I always use the stairs but I also have never been in such high buildings.
@nela13 I don't like elevators either.
Wow. I would be terrified to be in a building that tall.
@maezee I would be also, so I would just look at it from afar.
@ridingbet (57749)
before the gulf war last 1990, i was able to ride on a lift in the Kuwait towers. i think that was the highest height that i have reached via the elevator
@ridingbet Those would be very beautiful to see.
@averygirl72 (16620)
Last December we had Christmas in Birch Tower in Manila it's has 47 floors. We stayed on the 46th floors. I like the view outside it's amazing. I see the whole city. The elevator is fast too
@averygirl72 I've never been on a fast elevator, I'm not too sure I would like it, but I'm really afraid of heights.
I went to both the top of the Empire State building and the top of the Sears Tower.
@snowy22315 You must not be afraid of heights at all.
It does look very wavy, way too high up for me. I think the highest floor I was on was 20 something. That was high enough.
@Susan2015 I feel the same way.
Very interesting and, I'm not really sure.
@TRBRocks420 I'm not really sure either. I'm only estimating how high I've been--it might only be 10 floors.